Thailand to slowly restart tourism with flight from China

webfact

No matter who you are Thai or farang if you know there's a few thousand Chinese and numbers are rising each month from October. I highly doubt people are gonna go there who are already here. Seems really silly and will kill Phuket more. If an outbreak happens there that place could get stigmatised forever. 

I do not believe the Chinese tourists are even aware of the restrictions. Messy. Popcorn

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

No matter who you are Thai or farang if you know there's a few thousand Chinese and numbers are rising each month from October. I highly doubt people are gonna go there who are already here. Seems really silly and will kill Phuket more. If an outbreak happens there that place could get stigmatised forever. 

I do not believe the Chinese tourists are even aware of the restrictions. Messy. Popcorn

14 days of their 7 day vacation in quarantine plus insurance. Special treatment in the offing?

So how long are these Chinese tourists planning in staying at Phuket? If they have to do the first 14 days in quarantine, they surely would stay on for another 2-3 weeks minimum after quarantine to make their holiday worthwhile. So that makes it quite a lengthy and expensive holiday, especially as they all need to pay for their $100,000 covid insurance policies. 

Well if they go to Phuket and have to stay on the island 2 weeks, ok, no problem.

Lots of beach spaces, and if they do the bus tours right, the exposure to lots

of Thais can be avoided. Boat tours can be arranged to swim destinations, and

designated spots to help limit the risk as well.  This is Thailand though, so

time will tell, how it will all be handled. Tourism has to restart some how

or even Thailand,s economy will sink too much.

Geezer

19 hours ago, webfact said:

The first flight will have about 120 tourists from Guangzhou, flying directly to the resort island of Phuket, Tourism Authority of Thailand governor Yuthasak Supasorn told Reuters.

Best of luck... I was going down there to have a look as it's quiet.

However now I know Chinese will be coming back I'll go elsewhere.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Best of luck... I was going down there to have a look as it's quiet.

However now I know Chinese will be coming back I'll go elsewhere.

I think the hotels they will be confined to are in the north of the island there was only 3 hotels that qualify 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I think the hotels they will be confined to are in the north of the island there was only 3 hotels that qualify 

Still too close, we all know the Chinese have a penchant for sneaking around.

Edited by hotchilli
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Yeah, there's something fishy going on here. They only announced the STV scheme a few weeks ago and it was only confirmed by the government last week, I think, yet somehow they've already got 120 Chinese suckers tourists to agree to all the expense and inconvenience and hassle of the STV rules. It's not like Guangzhou is a frozen wasteland, after all, it's what was known in colonial times as Canton and its climate is sub-tropical. So why are these Chinese so desperate to come here? Is it possible that nobody has actually explained the 14-day quarantine requirement to them, so they will kick up a huge stink when they arrive and the ever-tactful Thai government will quietly drop the quarantine rules so as not to offend the mighty Middle Kingdom?

Yes they don't give full details. They operate like the bus tour scams