another phuket lockdown?

steve2112

16 minutes ago, steve2112 said:

anyone leaving phuket to other parts of the country after some time early next month will have to quarantine when they get to destination.

Possibly due to the Chinese being let back in  starting in Phuket ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, johng said:

Possibly due to the Chinese being let back in  starting in Phuket ?

BANGKOK: Thailand will receive its first foreign vacationers when a flight from China arrives next week, marking the gradual restart of a vital tourism sector battered by coronavirus travel curbs, a senior official said on Tuesday (Sep 29).

The first flight will have about 120 tourists from Guangzhou, flying directly to the resort island of Phuket, Tourism Authority of Thailand governor Yuthasak Supasorn told Reuters.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/thailand-restart-tourism-china-flight-covid-19-13159752

Edited by stuarty

7 hours ago, madmitch said:

It' the sort of stupid thing that certain provincial Governors would do. Let's wait and see. I for one don't want to be stuck on Phuket for the sake of 130 Chinese tourists!

It might be part of the "test run" and not continue for more than a month or three. But it could happen.

Last minute decisions always follow protracted mulling and pondering in LOS so be prepared! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think your wife misunderstood but I do believe it would possibly be pertaining to the possible arrival of international tourists (Chinese) and their process in arriving in Thailand and then onward journey.

Again I think  she may of misunderstood or the wording is off.