EU won't accept Britain going back on Brexit deal, Germany's Roth says - magazine

snoop1130

25 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

What I said was correct though wasn't it?

Like I said I don't care the UK should dump the EU but the EU still keeps clinging on.

The EU is like a leech because they need to show an example to other members if they want to leave like UK has.

Stuff the EU.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, luckyluke said:

I try to understand the Remainers, they seems to not want to accept that 52% will decide about the future of 100%, but that's the way it is with a simple majority.

Thus they present the future of the U.K. as somber and all negative.

To be honest I think the Brexiters here present the future of the U.K. as a bit too positive/optimist as well.

But time will tell.

However not an easy job for the U.K. government next year :

proving that the Leavers made the right decision;

proving the Remainers that they made the wrong choice.

This can only be reached with concrete decisions/facts which all can see and experienced.

Only 37% of the electorate voted to leave.   No other organisation would accept a fundamental change to it's constitution without a 66% majority of votes.

The UK desperately needs proportional representation.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, david555 said:

"The WA is terrible for the UK - better not to have signed it at all - as we can all see now!  "

But your Boris signed.....???? and sold it to you voters as a victory ...a phirric victory ….and a British signature has now  a bad shadow over it selves  …..

I was commenting on the WA, not who signed it. Of course I know who signed it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I was commenting on the WA, not who signed it. Of course I know who signed it. 

I understand you like to forget or wipe under the carpet who signed ???? , but it was your great 80 seat powered  H.O.C. leader who lead your country . He judged it as good …. so such one you trust ???? …… you have my compassion...????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CG1 Blue said:

Good. He ended the deadlock in Parliament and finally got us out of the EU! The IMB is the icing on the cake. 

well ...enjoy the cake who is coming to you …..  we go give it a pass I guess 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

This argument (massaging the numbers) was a waste of time 4 years ago and is totally irrelevant now, because we have left the EU! For your own sanity and wellbeing you should drop it. 

well,

the need for PR rather than FPTP is still there,

regardless of what sort of voting and counting that brought Brexit around

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

why are so many EU enthusiasts here so concerned about it?

You called it "concerned". 

Fair enough. 

I would call it "interested". 

I am personally interested in the future of the E.U.,especially what concrete inpact the departure of the U.K.  will have on my daily life as Belgian pensioner. 

I will have to wait, as what I read now are speculations (positive and negative ones). 

As this is good news, I don't think it is due to the U.K. leaving the E.U.,

but Belgium government (yes we have one again) has just decide to increase some pensions. 

Maybe if there is bad news in the future, it will be due to the departure of the U.K..

• Like 2

9 hours ago, david555 said:

So that could count for our side too …… I think that the E.U. can stuff you even legally way ….no need to break treaty or signature's....just by saying ….  no !

EU can't stuff me, as for break treaty Trump does it, so why not Boris, dump NATO too enough of the silly nonsense about Russia and China.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

EU can't stuff me, as for break treaty Trump does it, so why not Boris, dump NATO too enough of the silly nonsense about Russia and China.

So why in heaven's name we would deal with this kind  U.K. goverment ....?

A NO is sufficient answer to it .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Promula said:

If since signing the agreement the EU has revealed that is has underhand intentions, the UK is quite right to rethink. 

Artificial excuse for your breaking word / signature …..the World see this different ,so why E.U. would sign any other paper with U.K. as U.K. signing has no value anymore.....

So why you would expect from us to trust you from now ….

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, vogie said:

Because when money and peoples jobs are involved there is very little time for scruples. The tone of the Euros has completely changed from 18 months ago, remember when the likes of Barnier, Verhofstadt and Tusk were laughing and making cheap jibes at the UK, well they aint doing it now. I take the insults from the Euros as bitter respect.

No they taking it slowing to the direction to almost liking kicking you out , as no deal is possible with a treaty & signature breaking Country ….. and even a minister openly  admitting it in your HOC.    spoken about arrogance.... that is a  masterpiece of it 

Edited by david555
  • Like 2