Thai seniors have until Wednesday to register for govt allowance

snoop1130

Thai seniors have until Wednesday to register for govt allowance

By THE NATION

800_ca5db566458321c.jpg

A local group called on the elderly on Monday to register at a local government organisation for the state allowance by the end of this month.

The new allowance applies to people born before September 2, 1961.

People can register for the allowance at municipality, provincial administrative and sub-district administrative organisations.

As per the subsidy, people aged between 60 and 69 will get Bt600 a month, those between 70 and 79 get Bt700, 80 to 89 Bt800 and Bt1,000 for those aged 90 and above.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30395327

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-29

• Confused 1

On 9/29/2020 at 6:58 AM, from the home of CC said:

this isn't new, father in law registered a while back for this..

Same here.....mother and father in law get this.  I saw the headline and thought it was something extra for Covid.  I imagine most elderly Thais know about this.  

20 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

typical Nation rehash of old news regurgitated by their puppets (and muppets lol).. 

Is this what is called a Thai pension?  My wife has been getting the 600thb/month since she was 60, I won't say how many years! And she tells me it will go up to 700thb/month if/when she reaches 70.

Is this what the nation is on about? If so why are they saying it is a new allowance? Or is it really something new?

Either way anyone who hasn't already registered better hurry up.

If it really is new then we will have it and give it to someone who really needs it.

Edited by PFMills

4 hours ago, PFMills said:

Is this what is called a Thai pension?  My wife has been getting the 600thb/month since she was 60, I won't say how many years! And she tells me it will go up to 700thb/month if/when she reaches 70.

Is this what the nation is on about? If so why are they saying it is a new allowance? Or is it really something new?

Either way anyone who hasn't already registered better hurry up.

If it really is new then we will have it and give it to someone who really needs it.

The Nation used to be a valid news source but apparently fell on hard times (hence the partnership with this site). My father in law has been receiving this for quite a while so I believe it's just rehashed news (you don't have to pay anyone to rehash news) I wouldn't call it a pension for he never paid into a plan.