Interior Ministry Draft Announcement Extending Stays Until October 31st Approved

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Apparently those who paid 1900 for extension get an extra month to 30 Nov. They need to go to immigration and get another stamp

That might be in the interior Ministry Announcement. It is much longer than the cabinet resolution.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Apparently those who paid 1900 for extension get an extra month to 30 Nov. They need to go to immigration and get another stamp

I paid 1900 Baht for a 60 day extension (2.24) stamped 23rd September to 25th November (60 days inclusive from 27th September.) Do I get the extra month to a date in December? Do I need to visit immigration again to get a new stamp?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rbkk said:

I paid 1900 Baht for a 60 day extension (2.24) stamped 23rd September to 25th November (60 days inclusive from 27th September.) Do I get the extra month to a date in December? Do I need to visit immigration again to get a new stamp?

Maybe you do, the post I read was on Facebook by Richard Barrow, he was just talking about the 30 day extension but worth going to Immigration to check 

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Maybe you do, the post I read was on Facebook by Richard Barrow, he was just talking about the 30 day extension but worth going to Immigration to check 

I applied for 60 days extension but IO insisted I need a Letter from Embassy/Consulate so now I'm waiting for that email if its approved. 

I will post any info when return to IO for application

Question- IO request for original Letter so is an attachment document from Embassy classified as original ?

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That might be in the interior Ministry Announcement. It is much longer than the cabinet resolution.

I've seen mention (by an Immigration official, subject of a thread here) of some sort of NEW 60-Day Extension, to cover 1 Dec - 30 Jan 2021 (presumably).

Will that be in the Ministry Announcement? Or is that a new separate Cabinet effort for the future?

45 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I've seen mention (by an Immigration official, subject of a thread here) of some sort of NEW 60-Day Extension, to cover 1 Dec - 30 Jan 2021 (presumably).

Will that be in the Ministry Announcement? Or is that a new separate Cabinet effort for the future?

I may mention it and/or their will be instruction for immigration to work out the final details.

There is plenty of time to wait for the details since the important part is known and that is that nobody is on an overstay (unless on one before March 26th) and have until October 31st to get things sorted out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JeffGroves said:

I applied for 60 days extension but IO insisted I need a Letter from Embassy/Consulate so now I'm waiting for that email if its approved. 

The office was wrong if you were applying for a 60 day extension to visit your Thai wife or child. There is no requirement to have a letter to apply for it. 

The embassy letter is only needed to a apply for the special 30 day extension.

1 hour ago, JeffGroves said:

Question- IO request for original Letter so is an attachment document from Embassy classified as original ?

Yes it will unless you are dealing with a very pedant immigration office.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

For the people who applied for volunteer visas which were supposed to start the 27th of September,will that still be the starting date or will it be moved up 1 more month? please and thanks for any information.

Nothing will be changed for them. The announcement is only related to to anything that falls under the original ministerial notice.

So where is everyone getting November 30 from?

As this stainds I gain a whopping 6 days from the expected october 25 stamp I get after my current under considerstion stamp. 

So much bloody misinformation. 

The only thing that does seem to be the case is it was a worthwhile exercise to get the extension,one way or another.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Supposedly that came from immigration yesterday in a press conference.

Just wait for more info in writing.

yes, see this thread OP:  https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1184985-visa-extensions-approved-under-previous-amnesty-to-be-upheld-until-nov-30

Here is a relevant screenshot:

Snag_18835f3d.thumb.png.e850ebf4e788361cb965c81e8f33e425.png

On 7/16/2020 at 2:30 PM, ubonjoe said:

Immigration will do an announcement after the cabinet approves it and it is posted in the royal gazette.

And as ubonjoe suggested, let's wait for the full ministry announcement.   About 3-8 days under normal circumstances.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rbkk said:

9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Thanks for that. I think what I'll do is wait and see. It seems my particular case might get an entension till 30th November- 5 days extra. I'm hoping any further extension due is automatic and won't require another trip to Immigration.

I think people posting are missing two points. 

1. The details of the extension will be announced in the Royal Gazette. 

2. Letters from your Embassy "may not be required"

Obviously until the details are officially announced in the Royal Gazette everything is speculation. 

8 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

wow so long 

1 hour ago, johninbkk71 said:

That might be good news for me. I have already asked this in a post but I lost my passport canceled it then it was found. It will take 8 weeks to get a new one. So can I go to Muang Thong Thanni for an extension tomorrow?

See this post in the topic you posted.