Lawyer slams Nonthaburi kindergarten teacher for weak apology

snoop1130

Lawyer slams Nonthaburi kindergarten teacher for weak apology

By The Nation

800_06e99cae7dde855.jpg

Ronnarong Kaewphet, who leads a justice-seeking advocacy network, on Tuesday posted on Facebook a copy of an apology from Onuma Ploadprong.

The former teacher at Nonthaburi’s Sarasas Witaed Ratchaphruek School sparked a furore last week after CCTV recordings were released showing her assaulting kindergartners.

The apology posted in the school’s Line group read: “I want to apologise for the incident. I had no intention of assaulting the children and am ready to take responsibility. I apologise from the bottom of my heart and am ready to take punishment. I always love and have goodwill toward children."

In his Facebook post, Ronnarong slammed Onuma, saying quitting is an easy way out for someone caught beating children. He also said American psychiatrists had volunteered to provide online counselling for parents or students affected by this teacher’s behaviour.

Ronnarong and students’ parents have been meeting police officers at Nonthaburi’s Chaiyapruek Police Station since last Saturday to take legal action against Onuma and other teachers for assaulting students in class. Their allegations are backed by CCTV recordings.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30395328

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-29

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Ronnarong and students’ parents have been meeting police officers at Nonthaburi’s Chaiyapruek Police Station since last Saturday to take legal action against Onuma and other teachers for assaulting students in class. Their allegations are backed by CCTV recordings.

I wish them well, but I have heard the cops here are as useless as tits on a bull ?

31 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I wish them well, but I have heard the cops here are as useless as tits on a bull ?

I'm really curious about this.  I think if a farang is doing the hitting, maybe it will be taken more seriously.  I also heard defamation is OK if it's in the public's best interest.  Maybe you can name the farang on Facebook and go after them to protect the public.  I'm sure it all ends bad.  I wish it was easier to report bad teachers.  The power of a bad teacher in an unsupervised classroom must be a nightmare to these children.  

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

I'm really curious about this.  I think if a farang is doing the hitting, maybe it will be taken more seriously.  I also heard defamation is OK if it's in the public's best interest.  Maybe you can name the farang on Facebook and go after them to protect the public.  I'm sure it all ends bad.  I wish it was easier to report bad teachers.  The power of a bad teacher in an unsupervised classroom must be a nightmare to these children.  

Oddly enough I read the other day a Filipino English teaching "teacher" was removed from a school and is being deported after hitting a child. It was said that the "teacher" did not have a work permit. I am not sure if the "teacher" was qualified, and am not sure if a Filipino would be classed as a farang, but they certainly shifted the story away from the main story for a while that is.

The best thing kids can do is be told by their parents that if a teacher hits them or yells at them, then they MUST tell their parents when they get home, we live by that rule in our house and explain to the kids that it's just not OK for a teacher to do that, and if they even tried to cut a single strand of their hair, well the rest would be history.

1 hour ago, Ventenio said:

I remember a teacher threatening me almost 40 years ago.  I remember a teacher hitting me about 40 years ago.  I remember a teacher wanting to punch me about 35 years ago.   Maybe I'm a snowflake (except I reported one of the teachers to the police...lol), but I remember.  

I taught in a country that will go un-named.  There is no way I'm touching a kid, except for a high-five after a job well done.

I've seen too many kids beaten.  Hit hard.  In the back.  In the butt. On their hands.  On their head.  Kids.  Maybe less than 10-years old.  I've seen high school kids hit, not hard but enough to try to bully them.  It's still touching.  it's disgusting to me.  that was a foreign teacher.  i've seen more....and i've complained to no avail.  

some classrooms have cameras, and then the teacher hits them in the hallway.  or no cameras, and it's in the classroom.   some hit the kids with a smile so kids aren't sure what to think.  and some seem to be possessed by the devil.  

if you have kids, i don't know what to tell you.  keep talking to them, go to the school, get a gut feeling........and good luck.  trust your gut feeling.  

I remember being caned when i was 9 and to this day i still don't know why, the injustice has stayed with me for 60 yrs. I was also caned when 12 for peeking out through a hole in the stick on window covering which was already there. painfully Slapped on the back for swinging back on a chair we never told our parents. But when Slapped round the head the female teachers ring made my ear blead, my Mum asked why is your ear bleeding for the first time ever she marched to the school and gave them an earful. My parents never hit me ever. That was the last time i got physical punishment at school. Moral is speak up kids !

• Thanks 1

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-thailand-protests-schools/our-first-dictatorship-is-school-thai-kids-revolt-idUKKCN26G023

Extracts:

“There’s a viral saying that ‘our first dictatorship is school’,” 17-year old Peka Loetparisanyu told Reuters at her apartment.

“They are trying instill in us that we are only the little people in an authoritarian society,” Loetparisanyu said. “This means that a lot of our rights have been violated.”

Teachers behavior towards children...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ventenio said:

I remember a teacher threatening me almost 40 years ago.  I remember a teacher hitting me about 40 years ago.  I remember a teacher wanting to punch me about 35 years ago.   Maybe I'm a snowflake (except I reported one of the teachers to the police...lol), but I remember.  

I taught in a country that will go un-named.  There is no way I'm touching a kid, except for a high-five after a job well done.

I've seen too many kids beaten.  Hit hard.  In the back.  In the butt. On their hands.  On their head.  Kids.  Maybe less than 10-years old.  I've seen high school kids hit, not hard but enough to try to bully them.  It's still touching.  it's disgusting to me.  that was a foreign teacher.  i've seen more....and i've complained to no avail.  

some classrooms have cameras, and then the teacher hits them in the hallway.  or no cameras, and it's in the classroom.   some hit the kids with a smile so kids aren't sure what to think.  and some seem to be possessed by the devil.  

if you have kids, i don't know what to tell you.  keep talking to them, go to the school, get a gut feeling........and good luck.  trust your gut feeling.  

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I remember being caned when i was 9 and to this day i still don't know why, the injustice has stayed with me for 60 yrs. I was also caned when 12 for peeking out through a hole in the stick on window covering which was already there. painfully Slapped on the back for swinging back on a chair we never told our parents. But when Slapped round the head the female teachers ring made my ear blead, my Mum asked why is your ear bleeding for the first time ever she marched to the school and gave them an earful. My parents never hit me ever. That was the last time i got physical punishment at school. Moral is speak up kids !

Me too I was caned on my first day at senior school (11yrs) it has stayed with me for the past 55 years. The thugs  and bullies who ran the (all boys) school used to hit us hard across the back of the head. I stood up one day and started to hit back, the teacher was reported so he then got the other children to hit me in the classroom whilst he watched he took great pleasure in that. It sounds like Thailand is in the primitive state of schooling and bully style discipline that the UK was in 60 years ago. I got my own back on the teacher 15 years after I left School, I saw him in a village near me (I am now nearly 2 metres tall and had become quite muscular) I walked up to him and told him I now knew where he lived and not to go anywhere alone. He broke into a sweat and the look of fear on his face was priceless.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Lock her up and throw the keys away. It shows - once more again - how inefficient the entire education system is. Kids do not dare to even say a word, ask a question or query "Khun Kru", a semi-divine person in Thai society. Same with doctors, lawyers and some government officials. 

Thai society, patronizing and completely blocked by a domestic cast system; ready for a major overhaul like the rest of the country.

In some other countries kids get sexually assaulted at Kindergarten

Like many others on here you blame the problem on how Thai people are which is complete rubbish as it's something that happens worldwide

10 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

In some other countries kids get sexually assaulted at Kindergarten

Like many others on here you blame the problem on how Thai people are which is complete rubbish as it's something that happens worldwide

It would help, if you would read my posting properly. The semi-divineness is mostly to blame; kids dont even dare to speak up anything back home ..... massive structural issues which are not the case in the West! 

And even if such things happen in other countries, it does not nullify the local tragedy - as far as I am concerned as a grandfather of children (luckily in international schools). 

On 9/29/2020 at 5:58 PM, snoop1130 said:

I always love and have goodwill toward children."

No, you don't. You're just a nasty piece of work who doesn't understand children because your brain hasn't formed into adulthood and you're not qualified to be in your position. 

For anyone who has older siblings, you'll probably know what it's like to have older kids taking care of you while your parents are not home. How older siblings might resort to hitting their younger siblings because they have no idea what they're doing. This is why we entrust schools, etc, to employ people who understand children and how to deal with them.