Engine Overhaul?

thailand49

I'm in Pattaya, I'm a owner of a Honda PCX 150 2012 original owner I've maintained this bike changing oil every 4,000 Kilos replacing filters, spark plugs let say I've gone beyond the recommended services and maintained this bike. During the years I've never a one breakdown but today it has a bit over 100,000 Kilos but at 94,000 things started to breakdown particularly the instrument panel the digital gas indication area starting to go crazy flashing then the bars started to burn out so I need to guess how much gas I have in the bike also the mileage readout started to burn out.

I went to Pangyont a major parts shop for all bikes and I was quoted 6000 baht for a new panel, so I started to look for a second hand parts shop today still unable to find one nor was I able to find one online even on Lazada. First question anyone know of a second hand motorbike shop for parts?

Two weeks ago I noticed a smell of burning oil on the bike although the bike still runs I know of no one that owns a bike with that many Kilos over a 100,000 I don't see any smoke but do feel when the bike is idling it is running hot at night with the highlights on idling I see some smoke from the engine as running too hot, next day I checked the oil it was very low.

So based on my finding the time is coming I want to keep the bike so I'm looking for some recommendations a shop that would rebuilt the motor. I spoke to one shop with my best Thai it seems it might cost be between 3500-6000 baht to have it rebuilt?  Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks to everyone who responded, I certainly will put every recommendation on my list and visit all the shops recommended to me. 

I have some time since my schedule is a bit full at this time and as long as I keep an eye of the oil level I should be good for now until I decide on a shop. As noted I've found the price around 6000 baht to about right although I value the mechanic ability I'm also looking for other things in the shop that will get me to decide.

I did check out the outline suggested Shopee? it listed a number of things 4 pages but no such luck with the digital consoles will continue to look.

A few years back I replaced all the body panels due to the paint and I kept all the panels with some experience in the past I repainted all the old panels myself original color with some modification when the engine is overhaul I plan to put the new painted panels on the bike.

Have you asked Honda for the dashboard price...!? Worth a try, maybe not that expensive...

I did my old 65k km Suzuki scooter 125cc engine overhauled at Suzuki dealer, did a great job at measly 2600b...

A good engine overhaul can give you another 100k km , however, a bad one will bring you nothing but pain and many visits back to mechanics, until you give in to another overhaul , and so on...! So have you considered upgrading to a newer , lower mileage PCX  - if you like that model...!? I can imagine a lot of other things could need replacing after 8 years and 100k km ... ????

Edited by Agusts

55 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Have you asked Honda for the dashboard price...!? Worth a try, maybe not that expensive...

I did my old 65k km Suzuki scooter 125cc engine overhauled at Suzuki dealer, did a great job at measly 2600b...

A good engine overhaul can give you another 100k km , however, a bad one will bring you nothing but pain and many visits back to mechanics, until you give in to another overhaul , and so on...! So have you considered upgrading to a newer , lower mileage PCX  - if you like that model...!? I can imagine a lot of other things could need replacing after 8 years and 100k km ... ????

In Pattaya!  Yes I have gone to Honda already they quoted me 6000 baht if you live in Pattaya then you know Mityon has an monopoly but majority of their dealership they have closed down their service center and refer everyone to their main service shop which is on Pattaya Tai just next down to the large 7/11. The largest dealership on Pattaya Tai and 3rd road corner has a service area but their main job is to assemble and prepare bike that have just been purchased any repairs they push you down to their main repair shop. What remaining dealers having service they do basic and the kids are just out of school.

The other family business?  Sukhumvit Soi 55 is the main parts distributor Pangyont as far as I know every independent shop in Pattaya goes to them for parts this is where I have all my bikes serviced including my PCX, they do service no modification not even a flat tire repair they also quoted me 6000 baht guy told me a place down at Naklau that sells use parts I went there it has since close down. I noticed at Pangyont they have a few guy that works on the motors and frame alignments exclusively I leaning towards them since if a part need to replace they don't have to jump on their bike and get it everything you need is at this shop. I really don't want a shop over hauling my engine then stop to change another customer oil I don't want them distracted when it comes time to putting it back together I hope it is done right?  The shop remembers me and the PCX because they know I take care of the bike and it looks new but when they saw the mileage the guy said he never seen a bike with so many miles and still look and run new that was prior to my problem. 

Because aside from the motor the bike is really in good shape I did check on some used PCX at the main repair shop on Pattaya Tai, they have a use bike area in front all the PCX were like a year old and asking close to new prices 72,000-78,000 baht if I want a replacement at that price I rather buy a new one even looking at a N-Max although I'm a Honda man. Last, I'm happy with my bike even if it was overhauled I'm not cheap but I'm thinking of getting my son a new PCX- ADV- N-Max he has a 10 year old 125 Wave pretty much on its last leg.

Thanks

Edited by thailand49