O-A visaholders ( retirement) allowed to return Thailand

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We O-A holders can't think of a reason for the difference in treatment of insurance requirments either considering identical requirements for extensions. But Thai policy is often illogical and confuse

It's a good news   i just hope all the countries are concerned, and not only the ''pratet scandinavian'' lol   it should be difficult to justify to still refuse the entry for the o

At the moment they want people with "healthier bankaccount balances" so it does not suprise me that non-O’s based retirement are not welcomed..

Posted Images

1 hour ago, thaitero said:

Helsinki/thai embassy do not give O-visas based on retirement.

1 hour ago, thaitero said:

Helsinki/thai embassy do not give O-visas based on retirement.

Thanks, that could be the explanation. However, just read on a Dutch blog that someone was told by the Thai Embassy in The Hague that all non-O’s were invalid from now on and only O-A en O-X visa holders would qualify. I can hardly believe this to be correct, but we’ll learn more about it soon, I hope.

Edited by damascase
Typo
3 hours ago, damascase said:

Thanks, that could be the explanation. However, just read on a Dutch blog that someone was told by the Thai Embassy in The Hague that all non-O’s were invalid from now on and only O-A en O-X visa holders would qualify. I can hardly believe this to be correct, but we’ll learn more about it soon, I hope.

At the moment they want people with "healthier bankaccount balances" so it does not suprise me that non-O’s based retirement are not welcomed..

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That doesn't make any sense. For annual extensions the financial requirements (except insurance) are exactly the same. 

Yes it does,,New people coming within covid-19 time should be screened more strict for finances also, is their thinking,,,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

For not having valid O-A visa rather than wanting to apply new one and especially using incomemethod, you should contact the embassy before sending the paperwork by post. This advice is for Finland only.

This is one of the requirements for the Helsinki Embassy

1.4 Cover letter/email stating urgent need to enter Thailand

If one is on an OA and is not married to a Thai or has children then what would qualify as “urgent”?   

At this time I cannot find any other Thai Embassy that is considering an OA holder for a COE.  

• Like 2

"O visa , you don't have to have that crazy health insurance that the O-A visa requires." 

Yes, but all entries would still require the $US100, 000 COVID cover regardless of visa type. Also, Someone who bought their O-A a while ago may not have the covid cover in their original policy! 

Edited by biggles45
Typo