O-A visaholders ( retirement) allowed to return Thailand

40 minutes ago, kilt said:

Crazy question. It seems all I see are "extensions based on retirement with O, O-A and O-X visas". I have a retirement extension based on a Non Imm B visa. Would that be treated any differently than the O visas if trying to get back in?

It should be accepted if you already have a extension based upon retirement when they do start accepting them.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It should be accepted if you already have a extension based upon retirement when they do start accepting them.

Darn... I was hoping you'd say that I can get in now if it's based on a B Visa ???? Standing down....

7 hours ago, Bvor said:

i wonder if thai embassy "here" has approval from thai immigration head office to accept non o retirement holders for coe? 

The conversation I had with the Embassy here ( BC Canada ) valid Non O Retirement is included, so I sent what she requested, now waiting for more headaches ahead..... 

3 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

The conversation I had with the Embassy here ( BC Canada ) valid Non O Retirement is included, so I sent what she requested, now waiting for more headaches ahead..... 

Please keep us updated as many are in similar situation.

Might be worth those in other countries calling the rleevant Embassies to ask as all the websites I see specify O-A and O-X.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thaitero said:

Maby for some countries it was possible yes but not for Helsinki Embassy. They do not give "initial O-Visa" based on retirement. Only O-A and O-X. This was the case also before covid,,

Many countries do not now issue non-O for retirement, but used to. The O-A and O-X visas only came into being some 10-15 years ago, back when I retired here there was no such thing and I bet back then, Helsinki did issue non-O since that was all there was.

In addition many people have done change of visa type in country from VE entry of TR to an O then done an extension for reason of retirement, and I'm sure there will be Finns among them.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2020 at 9:44 PM, Robin said:

Health Insurance for the duration of stay in Thailand?  Since my Retirement visa expires next June, does that mean insurance until then??

It is difficult not to think that these rules are being made up as they go along.  Official Government Policy?

I'm in exactly the same boat, and yes, I'm assuming the $100K health insurance cover needs to be until the expiry date of your OA visa or OA-based extension.

7 hours ago, JTXR said:

I'm in exactly the same boat, and yes, I'm assuming the $100K health insurance cover needs to be until the expiry date of your OA visa or OA-based extension.

The $100K covid-19 insurance required when entering Thailand from abroad, has to cover your stay.  So when entering with a Re-Entry permit or with a still valid Non Imm O-A Visa, one might presume that the insurance should cover the period till expiry date.

If that is not your intention, the date on an outbound flight-ticket might be accepted as evidence of the period you intent to stay in Thailand.

Would be interesting to get some case reports of how this 'intended stay' is interpreted by the Thai Embassies issuing the COE.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mlkik said:

Why ? Everyone has to have a covid test within 72 hours of the flight and has to quaranteene and have covid insurance.

You are thinking logical, something that is in very short supply in Thailand and sadly not applicable to the government/immigration at all.