Motorbike rental

I'm heading to Patong next week for about a week and looking to rent a motorbike.

The stuff I've seen online seems quite expensive for a 150cc PCX 350b+, but it could be that they have not adjusted for covid-19 pricing.

Just wondering if anybody has any suggestions. 

Thanks in advance.

• Sad 1

350 baht per day for a 150cc. And you call that expensive. You do know that they must charge you, it´s their business and livelihood you are messing with. Why would they cave in to a virus and make it cheaper for you? If you think that´s expensive, then rent a bicycle!

• Haha 1

Have a look at the latest youtube from Rides4Kickz. He is a Thai based US vlogger and his latest video has him in Patong and he engaged in bargaining for a motorbike hire. He hired a 150cc for 2 days at 300/day - the opening quote was 350/day.

Oh. it's also worth watching the video to the end as it shows a really impressive sunset at Patong beach.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A good rule of thumb for short term rentals (less than 1 month) is about 200 baht/day for a 125cc bike, and about 300 for a 150cc PCX.  Monthly rentals can usually be had for half the daily rate (or less).

Edited by DrDave
  • Thanks 1

Those prices seem a bit steep for Patong (during this Covid19 era), in Kata I got Aerox 155cc for only 3000/month, friend got N-Max for 2000/month, just today one shop offered Aerox 155cc for 3300/month (and 110/day), her lady boss is out of Phuket so she can't take it back, I guess that's why it's so cheap... Few months ago these were the prices for smaller Click 125cc, I imagine that model is even cheaper now, didn't ask...

• Thanks 1

I'm all for discounts when customers are few but some people are taking the P...this week I've seen someone advertise for a family car no more than 3,000 a month and a beachfront villa wanted for 5,000 a month...OP, how much do you expect to pay in Covid times for a 150PCX?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, baansgr said:

I'm all for discounts when customers are few but some people are taking the P...this week I've seen someone advertise for a family car no more than 3,000 a month and a beachfront villa wanted for 5,000 a month...OP, how much do you expect to pay in Covid times for a 150PCX?

Im in Pattaya and normal rental pre covid was around 200b. So I guess I'm thinking 200b or 250b is reasonable. 

But I'm not looking to set the price, I'm just trying to determine what is a reasonable price in the current environment. I guess a bit like hotels and restaurants offering discounts to attract customers.  

• Like 1

Prices depends on how many days you rent, more days can negotiate better rates..., for one day not worth haggling for 50b or 100b really, more days and you can get better prices and even spend the time and ask around...

People think about Covid times and think buyer's market, but also consider many rental places are now closed and gone, so those left can demand what they like...!

• Like 1