Jump to content

Cabinet gives green light to smart park in Rayong


Recommended Posts

Cabinet gives green light to smart park in Rayong

By The Nation

 

800_804c291b64304c3.jpg?v=1601378854

Deputy government spokesperson Ratchada Thanadirek

 

The Cabinet on Tuesday approved the Industry Ministry’s proposal to develop a smart park worth Bt2.37 billion in Rayong province, deputy government spokesperson Ratchada Thanadirek said.

 

The park will occupy 1,383 rai, 621 rai of which will be allocated for the industrial zone, 150 rai for the commercial zone, 373.35 rai for utilities and infrastructure, and 238.32 rai for the green buffer zone.

 

The park aims to woo advanced industries, such as robotics, aviation, digital and medical businesses.

 

She added the construction of the park’s infrastructure will take three years to complete, and it should be fully occupied within four years of completion.

 

The park is expected to generate a cash flow of Bt1.34 billion per year.

 

https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30395334

 

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-30
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, webfact said:

The park will occupy 1,383 rai, 621 rai of which will be allocated for the industrial zone, 150 rai for the commercial zone, 373.35 rai for utilities and infrastructure, and 238.32 rai for the green buffer zone.

I wonder what a green buffer zone is and if it has a definite use, or is it some management-speak in-phrase?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I wonder what a green buffer zone is and if it has a definite use, or is it some management-speak in-phrase?

I think you really know the answer as buffer zones have been standard for many years. They are to separate each area of certain uses from others to reduce noise and other pollution as well as for aesthetics and for environmental reasons. The smart park will have industrial zones, utilities (Power Plant, Water & Waste Treatment etc), University, offices and residential zones. Here is a photo.

EEC Smart Park.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, webfact said:

She added the construction of the park’s infrastructure will take three years to complete, and it should be fully occupied within four years of completion.

That's some crystal ball she uses !

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I wonder what a green buffer zone is and if it has a definite use, or is it some management-speak in-phrase?

The weeds that poke up through the cracks in concrete?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Estrada said:

Here is a photo.

Looks wonderful,  now lets see how it really turns out  and for how long all that "greenery" is maintained.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...