Foreigner on 1,800 day overstay was trying to get sick notes for visa hopefuls at hospitals

webfact

Another entrepreneur who was trying to make a buck and who knows what else.  Maybe he was working for a Visa agent and thought he was clean and clear. To be paying a bribe to a doctor to write the notes was obviously his downfall. Looks like he also lied to police as to who he really was.  You need to read the Article, it reads like a short story about deceit, corruption and true investigative capabilities of the Keystone cops.

• Like 2

Something I don't understand. He has been on overstay so long and now tries to get a medical certificate to get an extension at the immigration. Doesn't make sense to me. The certificate wouldn't have changed his overstay. He obviously also had his own amnesty all the years and never cared about immigration laws. Perhaps just another mysterious story? 

• Haha 1

I guess he just failed to understand that the "amnesty" only applies to people who were allowed to stay until at least 26th March, assumed that it also applies to him and that by getting an extension now he would be able to become legit again.

• Like 1

Mr. Firoozi sounds like another version of Sri Lankan Tony from the airport duty free shoplifting scam they had going at the airport years back.

Brought in to 'negotiate' or 'translate' but in this case he was doing the dirty work of getting fake sick notes rather than extorting cash from scared tourists. 

Edited by Mr Meeseeks

29 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

So that's where the "agent visas" originate from. 

Will be fun when somebody who got one of the dodgy extensions goes to immigration next time and the IO notes "That amputated legs of yours seems to have healed well".

Amputated legs. He was just bumming around then??

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

There is a saying.... You cant fix stupid, and that man is stupid, on overstay and doing that... Stupid.

Or maybe he knew he was stupid and he couldn't fix it, but perhaps the good doctor could fix it 'cause (hopefully) he ain't stupid? Or something like that? :cheesy:

I was only 17 days overstay ... I was stolen from 5.000.000THB ... even Thai people spoke to me and said that the people who extorted the money would never do anything in return ... except getting rid of me ... I spend 3 months and 10 days inside IDC Bangkok ... 

In 2016 I was send back to Belgium, in Europe and still today I am homeless and without any help.

Everybody says sorry but nobody so far has done anything for me ...

The worst part of this story is that my grandfather was Thai and legally I am Thai ... just have a very white skin ...

I have been begging for compassion ... from Thai people ... but nothing happens ...

Soon this female writer and teacher will die ... wondering where all the good people have gone ...

I am the writer of this book ... as you can see ... a real book ... for 4 years in Belgium and Thailand people said I was a crazy woman imagining writing books ... what do I have in my hand ... ? 

I am not a troll, I do not like people shouting at me or treating me even more badly ... also online ...

Please be kind to me and if you want to make a joke out of this .... remember that for me, a single woman, that book is like my child.

I do not understand Thai thinking ... how can you call a female writer who sings songs of praise about Thailand a "bad GUY" ? 
How do you do that ? 

Have a nice day ... 

book.jpg

10.jpg

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

If you read the article you will find that he tried to get medical certificates (note the plural) to sell to fellow foreigners. He is, as Colinneil said, stupid.

Klaus I sadly have to admit that you are absolutely right. It was early in the morning when I read this...

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AbeNormal said:

he was obviously involved is some dodgy business here and he lost his protection, maybe pimping girls or selling drugs, evidently the senior doctors were able to bypass his handlers 

they canna take any more pimps as the market is flooded already

10 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Did they use a stun gun or a general anaesthetic when they cornered the scoundrel?

The guys in black (so prominent in the recent photo-ops) abseiled down from a helicopter onto the balcony to surprise him, whilst the guys in white (similarly prominent) formed a cordon around his condo block. They stood out a bit, 'cos it wasn't snowing...

11 hours ago, Oldie said:

Something I don't understand. He has been on overstay so long and now tries to get a medical certificate to get an extension at the immigration. Doesn't make sense to me. The certificate wouldn't have changed his overstay. He obviously also had his own amnesty all the years and never cared about immigration laws. Perhaps just another mysterious story? 

perhaps he was after a medical certificate saying he,d !ost his memory.