Thai PM wants all tourists to wear wristbands - we're not opening the floodgates

webfact

50 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

You are fully entitled to your opinion and stating that you have no objections to wearing a wrist-band.

But imo the STV tourist tracking device cannot be compared with a ClubMed 'free drinks and snacks' wristband or a Bumibol memorial wristband.  The latter are innocent free-consent devices, while the PMs suggestion was to make that STV armband-device compulsory. 

Such a 'Watch Out I Am a Recently Arrived and Possibly Dangerous Farang' device, will stigmatize the bearer and undoubtedly create fear and resentment towards them with lower-educated Thais grateful that PM is imposing measures to protect them from the Dirty Farangs.

Ha Ha Ha what a joke, in the current situation you think foreigners go unnoticed and blend in, as a European tourist you will spotted at 100 meters, and you think a wrist band is going to single you out for special attention. Get real!!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Yes, a mandatory wrist-band will single you out from other Westerners.

And judging from the 'if you can get it wrong, you will get it wrong' posts on the Forum, there will for sure be Thais that didn't get the message right and will consider the wrist-band as a sign of an Infected Dirty Farang...

Do I recall some farang refusing a mask, from the health minister no less! do I recall members of this forum brazenly admitting to signing Mickey Mouse and giving phone number 11111111 at the entrance to stores.

Unfortunately you occasionally reap what other idiots sow

There is so much one can learn from the Thai people regarding how to to live a relatively peaceful existence in Thailand an oversight achieved by many foreigners

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Flying Saucage said:

There are other people in the rich elite who are tired of losing billions of Baht of revenue due to the isolation of the country. But it s Prayut and Prawit who do not want tourists in the country now. They are the ones who create the hassles and keep to borders closed as much as possible. Because it is for their own financial benefit.

These current schemes of "reopening the country" are only made to appease the other side, to make them believe that the government cares of the tourism industry, while the real plan is to ruin the industry. There is a hidden agenda going on between Prayut, Prawit and their Chinese friends. And it's really easy to understand.

China uses the Covid crisis as part of their road and belt initiative. They pay currupt governments in the region to ruin their country, to make it a bargain for Chinese investors. Now in Thailand, they do not want foreign tourists here, because this would be against their plan to destroy the tourist industry here. And also, they want to keep the number of foreign observers as low as possible while they do it.

It's so cheap for China to buy a whole country, when they have the right friends in power there. It costs only a few million dollar and a handful of luxuary watches.

The wristbands are only one more hassle to reduce the number applicants for these toursts schemes. But you can bet that these Chinese investers who will be the first coming with their own private jet, will not have to wear the wristbands.

I can almost believe it. 

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

The Marine golf course in Sattahip has banned foreigners because of the fear of catching Covid. The people who make these rules must have pea brains as well as being xenophobic

That happened at Waterford Valley in Chiang Rai in March. Since been rescinded, but they won't be getting any of my custom.

The army course of Mae Kok was closed for a couple of months. However, it has always been open to anyone when open.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

That means all foreign tourists allowed in under the special tourist visa must wear GPS wristbands so that their movements can be closely tracked.

you pay for your expensive flight, expensive quarantine in overpriced hotel, 3.200.000 baht insurance SCAM and now wristbands ....

get a prison experience at high price

f. it dude, I hope ZERO people will agree with this

I don't like EMF, and here you have to wear this <deleted> on top of all the other b.....

Edited by Bender Rodriguez
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

you pay for your expensive flight, expensive quarantine in overpriced hotel, 3.200.000 baht insurance SCAM and now wristbands ....

get a prison experience at high price

f. it dude, I hope ZERO people will agree with this

I don't like EMF, and here you have to wear this <deleted> on top of all the other b.....

They not tell yet how much farangs need pay for this ornament. Coming whit nice TAT picture on top.