Aussies flabbergasted by Pattaya’s inept attempt to bury wires

webfact

2 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

from 5 minutes to the end the video is in Soi Bukkhao

where cyou can clearly see there is no sidewalk

(The limit public\private space is delimited by the place of the electrics poles)

LOL. Plenty of sidewalk on that VDO and some of it isn't even encroached.

What is your legal basis in Thai law for claiming that private land ends at the line of the power poles? IMO the private land ends at the front of the building.

42 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What is your legal basis in Thai law for claiming that private land ends at the line of the power poles? IMO the private land ends at the front of the building.

Plenty of sidewalk in the soi bukkhao? Have you watched the video after the 5 first minutes? (The 5 first minutes are on South Pattaya Road, not on soi Bukkhao)

Please feel free to indicate me with a timing where exactly in this video you can see a

sidewalk on the soi Bukkhao?

Even in front of the relatively new hospital (17''50 there is no sidewalk, just a parking for the scooter (With the marking on the ground, then it's not a ''sidewalk'' used as a parking). There is only a tiny sidewalk portion (Maybe 3 or 4 meters) in front of stairs at the main entrance, you  can see the red and white paint on it at 18'')

I don't have the legal text about the limit from the power poles but you can see

anywhere in Thailand that nobody build something between the power poles and the road

it's a public space, and it's the space where the sidewalk should be.

You can clearly see it in the start of the video. the first 5 minutes on south Pattaya road

the difference between the front of the shops and the sidewalk, and the limit is the power poles.

You write that  in your opinion private land ends at the front of the building, i could also ask you

what il your legal basis for your claim lol

Edited by kingofthemountain

16 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In your opinion..... I would hope it is better defined than that on a chanote! Rather a gray area here as to who owns the land between your front wall and the edge of the road, or even the nearside lane of the road itself. It is yours unless someone stops you.... and nobody seems to bother. 

On 10/5/2020 at 8:36 PM, kingofthemountain said:

You write that  in your opinion private land ends at the front of the building, i could also ask you

what il your legal basis for your claim lol

That's the way in London, that's the way in NZ. I know it's LOS, but it's logical that public land starts at the building frontage or they would build on it, wouldn't they?

On 10/5/2020 at 8:36 PM, kingofthemountain said:

Please feel free to indicate me with a timing where exactly in this video you can see a

sidewalk on the soi Bukkhao?

Erm, at the point where Soi Buakhao starts at the Central Rd end. I used to walk along it all the time as I lived off it near the 7 11.

Did you miss the woman walking on the sidewalk? Pretty clear IMO. From 4:58 to be precise.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

32 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Did you miss the woman walking on the sidewalk? Pretty clear IMO. From 4:58 to be precise.

Looks to me like she is walking on the Mityon shopfront  there are no  pavements/sidewalks on Soi Buakhow

at least not at the South Pattaya road end.

pavement.jpg.798c5acc090ce55028a24efb2275e989.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/6/2020 at 11:16 AM, KhunFred said:

Most residents of first-world countries feel this way. It won't make an ounce of difference in the way Thailand does business. This is a country where the TRUTH is not admissible in a defamation case.

Which is fine, when a 3rd World Country is charging 3rd World Country prices, but when a 3rd World Country is charging First World Country prices, despite the poor infrastructure, corruption etc, tourists, and expats, will not put up with it, and we saw that last high season.

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/7/2020 at 3:28 PM, johng said:

Looks to me like she is walking on the Mityon shopfront  there are no  pavements/sidewalks on Soi Buakhow

at least not at the South Pattaya road end.

pavement.jpg.798c5acc090ce55028a24efb2275e989.jpg

@Johng thank you 

honestly i have given up with him as it was obvious

he was in denial about the reality, Anybody here in Pattaya

can verify by himself in Soi Bukkhao and there is no sidewalk in it

as the video shows if it was necessary

• Haha 1