Can I now use my embassy letter for anything (which was obtained before 26 September)?

It's not a "can't return to my country" letter, it's a "can I be assisted to obtain a non imm visa in-country" letter. 

I went from amnesty to an in-country non-b for a job I couldn't begin due to a serious health problem the week before the job start day. My non-b expires on 20 November. Now I have no idea if I can use the letter to apply to stay until 30 Nov, and during that 10 day extension period will I still be on non-b or will return to being a tourist? Still trying to find ways to get a non-o retirement, as my immigration office insists that I can't use my non b to get a retirement extension.

Edited by Promula

2 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

a retirement extension is based on having a retirement visa at some point so your office IO is correct. Why not extend the NON-B and work and worry about trying to switch to a NON-O based on retirement next year when we know more?

To your first point, I thought a non-b can be extended for reasons of retirement if the previous extension for employment is first cancelled, which means your point isn't true. I'm probably wrong though. My problem is that the initial non b was never extended for 12 months via a work permit.

To your second point, if I see a suitable job, I'll take it. The chances of finding one by next month in this economic climate are slim though. 

2 hours ago, Promula said:

To your first point, I thought a non-b can be extended for reasons of retirement if the previous extension for employment is first cancelled, which means your point isn't true. I'm probably wrong though. My problem is that the initial non b was never extended for 12 months via a work permit.

To your second point, if I see a suitable job, I'll take it. The chances of finding one by next month in this economic climate are slim though. 

Do you meet the requirements for a 1 year extension based on retirement? If yes, then you can change the reason for the 1 year extension. 

7 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Do you meet the requirements for a 1 year extension based on retirement? If yes, then you can change the reason for the 1 year extension. 

Thanks. I'm over 50 and have 800k baht. Which form do I use to apply?

Various people have said you can only change the reason for extension if you had an original extension, which makes sense but is annoying and seems arbitrary. How Can I change the reason for extension from work to retirement when I never extended for work?

Edited by Promula