Thailand eyes 50,000 foreign tourists in second-quarter, down 99.5% - industry

snoop1130

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

"If there is no vaccine and we still have a 14-day quarantine, I expect only hundreds of thousands of tourists next year," he said

What a laugh, "hundreds of thousands". More likely less than tens of thousands; although, maybe, they will see a big influx starting November next year, but that's still assuming they drop the quarantine and have a vaccine for the Thaias. The silly part will be demanding the tourist have a vaccine.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dukeleto said:

...but with very very little deaths by comparison which clearly indicates the medical community in those countries can Now effectively cure those infected reducing the danger of the virus. While it appears on the surface that Thailand Managed to contain the virus (dubious imo as there was not widespread testing) they have sort of been left behind in gain expertise in the curing of this virus department. I think they have shot themselves in the foot on this one.

"dubious" indeed, although, since people did not get tested irrationally (i.e. if they we're terrible sick they didn't get tested or even go to the hospital) and just because they died of a respiratory problem were not tested, I think there is probably more immunity here than we expect. When it come to the expertise in curing the virus there will now be many studies for the Thai physicians to read. The French doctors have already published some very good info. S. Korea has also done a lot in that regard. I think it will depend on how expensive the different treatments may cost, if it come to that.

I'm hoping for the best, but honestly, am not concerned if I catch it, which I doubt that I will.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand eyes 50,000 foreign tourists in second-quarter, down 99.5% - industry

I eyes many times nice behind's in town! But i never get any piece of those ????

Maybe they need do some other thing's than just "eyes".

Maybe dream on like what they have doing so far!

Edited by 2 is 1