Thailand eyes 50,000 foreign tourists in second-quarter, down 99.5% - industry

snoop1130

17 hours ago, Guderian said:

That equates to around 4,000 tourists a week for the last 12 weeks of the year.

No, it equates to 4,000 rich tourists a week. 4,000 tourists may not be an issue, but 4,000 rich ones, flying in on charter flights and agreeing quarantine in a week will be impossible

2 hours ago, Brunolem said:

Good questions.

Here is some color on how the vaccines are developed (the article is about US companies, but it's likely to be similar elsewhere):

https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2020/09/24/covid-vaccine-clinical-trials-doomed-to-fail-fatal-design-flaw/

And here is a Nuclear Bomb on the tests that are used to determine the '150' positives needed to get Vaccine Go Ahead FDA-approval.

And not by just anybody, but by the former Chief Scientist of Pfizer, who states that the positive tests are somewhere between 50 to 100 (!) % incorrect and are used to spread the fake narrative of a 2nd wave in Europe.

https://hubpages.com/politics/Pfizer-Chief-Science-Officer-Second-Wave-Based-on-Fake-Data-of-False-Positives-for-New-Cases-Pandemic-is-Over

In an interview last week Dr. Yeadon was asked:

"we are basing a government policy, an economic policy, a civil liberties policy, in terms of limiting people to six people in a meeting...all based on, what may well be, completely fake data on this coronavirus?"

Dr. Yeadon answered with a simple "yes."

Let that sink in...

2 hours ago, Sean60 said:

Lies, Lies and lies.

You will not have 50000 tourists.

The October thing will not work. There is no vaccine in the picture.

6.5 Months of Travel ban. This country is but for high tourism. People have made big investments. Its time to open up!!!!!

We have to learn to live with the virus.

Look at Sweden and learn from them.!!!!

Enough is enough.

You can do much more to bring in people that what you have done until now.

You are killing us here.

Tourism is done mate. Over. Kaputt. Time to deal with that. We knew this would be the case back in March. Smart investors took the hit, got out, made moves. 

Other industries are just getting back on track now, and the rest of the economy doesn't want another wave, another lockdown and more disruption.

The sacrifice of the tourism industry is for the greater good. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, dallen52 said:

They have created more tourist visa types. 

Plus you cannot return on a non O retirement Visa. 

Pretty much useless now.

Embassy says forget about and get OA Visa. 

New applications and CoE required. 

Plus money, plus insurance cover. 

Quarantine? Of course. 

Ka ching  Ka ching 

At the moment pretty understandable as the old fellas are high risk, especially due to age and proclivities.

4 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Only the feeble minded and petty talk about things all the time they cannot change.   Instead of moaning about the loss of tourism to the point of absurdity, how about overhauling the silly visa laws and allow for great foreign investment?

Oh! Come on. It must have cost a great deal of soul searching just to admit they needed English speaking teachers. As to overhauling the Visa laws, How long have you got? As for allowing foreign investment, they are working on it, its likely to take another ten years to make it as complicated as possible.  

• Like 1

Tourist definition?

one month on / one month off contract worker with wife and kids in Thailand ?

or someone coming for 1 to 7/30/90/180/365 days? 
or border hopper coming to Thailand to work and go back after one month ?

Spending comparison pre/now: 

Tourists used to stay about 4 nights, and spend an X amount. 
now 14 days + another period.

so logically speaking spending per guest likely to be higher.

what about average spending per day as a measurement? My guess it will be lower

It seems that roughly one person in every one thousand actually dies from Covid-19. Of those who die the significant majority are either very old and/or with medical complications or obese. So, tell me, is all this media driven panic truly in the majority best interests or just to increase media viewing and advertising revenue? I regret each and every death BUT is it worth destroying entire national economies and livelihoods for the sake of one person in every thousand?

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The industry will propose the government to allow more foreign tourists from very low-risk countries, to return in December with no 14-day quarantine, said Vichit Prakobgosol, president of the Association of Thai Travel Agents.

I think the dying industry still does not understand Pinocchios real agenda, and what he is paid for by his friends in China. It's part of Thailands patronage system never to scrutinize the actions of the boss, even if his actions are criminal and destry to system and the countries' sovereignty. 

• Like 1

more like 67400 in total for the quarter . Come to Thailand, pay to get locked in a room , pay to get tested , pay for insurance, just leave your bank details and we will bill you for everything we can !!

Have they also forgot it’s rainy season in some tourist places over the next few months .  Surprised they haven’t listed that as an attraction !!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dukeleto said:

<snip>

I think they have shot themselves in the foot on this one.

Well they've had an awful lot of practice!

The aim should be spot on by now ????

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Puzzler said:

It seems that roughly one person in every one thousand actually dies from Covid-19. Of those who die the significant majority are either very old and/or with medical complications or obese. So, tell me, is all this media driven panic truly in the majority best interests or just to increase media viewing and advertising revenue? I regret each and every death BUT is it worth destroying entire national economies and livelihoods for the sake of one person in every thousand?

Something I've been saying for a couple of months now. Even back in March, in Italy, the majority of deaths were older people.

Why even amongst those suffering so-called "Long Covid", the majority are older and/or with pre-existing conditions.

Like you I have sympathy for them all but to call the reactions around the world "disproportionate" is the understatement of the century!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Magenta408 said:

Let's get our quarters sorted out and are we talking past or future tenses. Can it be that difficult?

Please complain to ThaiVisa's News Team (again)

The original Reuters article clearly say Q4; no ambiguity.

And BTW it would be nice to this team to put a link towards original articles :dry:

Thailand set for 50,000 foreign tourists in Q4, down 99.5% -industry body

https://www.reuters.com/article/thailand-economy-tourism/thailand-set-for-50000-foreign-tourists-in-q4-down-99-5-industry-body-idINL4N2GR115

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

From a scientific point of view, can you please explain how you bring in the virus after testing negative and then undergoing quarantine? 

Ask Melbourne, Australia. A just completed review attributed over 750 deaths and 18,000 infections directly to the failed quarantine system. So this quarantine system caused Aussie 2nd wave

(Would have been better off with home quarantine as the guards and hotel staff supposedly spread the virus to the community)

15 minutes ago, mrmrmred said:

Coronavirus, the only thing manufactured in China that is still working after 6 months!

Have got a toaster, blender, kettle etc all made in China and are going strong after 10 years!!

I know you were joking........but the virus wasn't manufactured by any one. Just one of nature's quirks, and the country it started in (scientists think) tried to suppress the info, whilst an idiot on the other side of the world played it down and took no action.

PS. For the record, I am not fond of the Chinese we see here, either!

22 hours ago, Guderian said:

That equates to around 4,000 tourists a week for the last 12 weeks of the year. They'll have to greatly increase the number of passenger flights allowed in to meet that target. And can the ASQ system handle them, in spite of the nonsense about dropping quarantine, only the lunatic fringe in the Tourism ministry would actually consider that a realistic option. 

Very true, the fear-mongering has been far too strong. Testing at the border is so difficult to organize...

The only question that one should have at this point is what will 2021 look like?  If a vaccine comes out, it will still be absolutely brutal.  It will NOT be widely available.  That is the key. 

Start looking at what 2022 will look like.  Maybe 2023.  

The hurt has just started, and it's going to be long, long, long.  

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

Ask Melbourne, Australia. A just completed review attributed over 750 deaths and 18,000 infections directly to the failed quarantine system. So this quarantine system caused Aussie 2nd wave

(Would have been better off with home quarantine as the guards and hotel staff supposedly spread the virus to the community)

Really? 888 deaths total from Covid, and 27,000 cases and you can tell me with a straight face, that 750 deaths, and 18,000 cases  came from the Melbourne failure? Sounds like major panic mongering to me. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Really? 888 deaths total from Covid, and 27,000 cases and you can tell me with a straight face, that 750 deaths, and 18,000 cases  came from the Melbourne failure? Sounds like major panic mongering to me. 

Don't take my word for it

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/victorias-disastrous-hotel-quarantine-program-responsible-for-768-deaths-inquiry-hears-c-1348670

20201001_213550.jpg

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Thanks 1

"Gotta keep those pesky tourists out from those "dangerous" countries...even if they CAN conform to the virus protocols and prove they don't have the virus!"   Makes NO sense whatsoever... what does it MATTER what country you are from if you can prove you don't have the virus??? 

• Like 1