moderna vacinne appears safe and works

3NUMBAS

It's highly likely that in 2021 after various vaccines have been rolled out, the airlines and most countries' immigration will require proof of vaccination in order to board flights and enter countries. There will probably be something like a photo ID card issued by hospitals & clinics after being vaccinated. So no vaccination means you stay home. It's also highly likely that proof of vaccination will be required to enter concerts, theaters, cinemas, sports stadiums, even pubs & restaurants. It'll probably become a requirement when applying for a job too. So again, no vaccination means you stay home. 

On 10/1/2020 at 1:21 AM, RichardColeman said:

I wonder if you will have the same reaction if it becomes part of any visa or visa extension to Thailand ? 

If it does happen, expect even less tourists.

Given a normal vaccine takes years to be proven safe, many of us won't be taking a rushed one that may have side effects not obvious till long after being injected.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/06/vaccine-development-barriers-coronavirus/

The discovery and research phase is normally two-to-five years, according to the Wellcome Trust. In total, a vaccine can take more than 10 years to fully develop and costs up to $500 million, the UK charity says.

10 minutes ago, TSF said:

It's highly likely that in 2021 after various vaccines have been rolled out, the airlines and most countries' immigration will require proof of vaccination in order to board flights and enter countries. There will probably be something like a photo ID card issued by hospitals & clinics after being vaccinated. So no vaccination means you stay home. It's also highly likely that proof of vaccination will be required to enter concerts, theaters, cinemas, sports stadiums, even pubs & restaurants. It'll probably become a requirement when applying for a job too. So again, no vaccination means you stay home. 

Just as well I'm retired and don't fly, go to concerts, theatres, sports stadiums, pubs or restaurants. I do go to the movies, but cinemas will probably be gone soon because restrictions made them uneconomic.

On 9/30/2020 at 10:13 PM, nemo38 said:

Pay attention, folks. University/College kids are away from granny. Right now they are being isolated from each other and treated as if they are in grave danger. They can protect granny at virtually no risk to themselves by mingling, catching Covid-19, and getting immunity. They have 8-10 weeks in a term. 

By the time they see Granny they will be safe and there will be fewer people to infect.

Old people should have been given the OPTION to be isolated. They might not want to spend their last years away from loved ones. Those who are not at risk, the average age of those dying is 80+, can help everyone by catching it.

Some 100 year old people get over Covid no problem.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/10/dutch-woman-107-becomes-worlds-oldest-coronavirus-survivor/

and then; they could get sooo sick from getting that bout of the CCP virus - that they end up having to Repeat that whole study year (which protects Granny for yet an extra year)

On 9/30/2020 at 5:56 PM, nemo38 said:

No thanks, to an mRNA vaccine.

I am healthy, so my risk of dying from Covid is the same as my dying from the flu. I am pretty sure I got it back in February anyway. I want to be exposed to regular viruses as they come up, so I don't want to be forced to wear a mask.

It is incredible that students, who have virtually no risk from Covid, are being told to isolate. If this was about saving lives they would be encouraged to mix freely and catch Covid when they are away at college. That is a community service.

Fact is only time will tell when they have 200 inquiries, 16 documentaries and 4 Hollywood movies if your post was selfish or reasonable. 

On 10/5/2020 at 10:00 PM, partington said:

I don't think you really understand the point of these vaccinations. The idea is to prevent transmission of the virus in the general population, which by its very nature will include vulnerable people. You do this by making nearly everyone immune without them having to suffer the disease, that is by vaccinating them.

Youngsters, even though at less (but still possible)  risk of severe illness, can transmit the disease. A vaccination providing immunity simply blocks transmission.

A young person after successful vaccination, encountering someone with the disease will neither catch it, nor be able to transmit it. If 70%+ of the population is vaccinated the disease cannot spread, because everyone it encounters will be blocked as a transmitter.

Of course I understand the point- herd immunity.

The thing is this is at best this will be an experimental vaccine. Also, it's likely that a vaccine will not prevent the receiver from becoming infected, but will merely stop an infection developing.  Also there are possibly insurmountable logistical problems in a countrywide vaccination- this needs needs to be organized and executed over the course of many months or even years.

So, I maintain it's best to give it to those most at risk, and let the healthy develop natural immunity (which 50% likely already have anyway).

• Like 2

On 10/7/2020 at 8:25 PM, mommysboy said:

Of course I understand the point- herd immunity.

The thing is this is at best this will be an experimental vaccine. Also, it's likely that a vaccine will not prevent the receiver from becoming infected, but will merely stop an infection developing.  Also there are possibly insurmountable logistical problems in a countrywide vaccination- this needs needs to be organized and executed over the course of many months or even years.

So, I maintain it's best to give it to those most at risk, and let the healthy develop natural immunity (which 50% likely already have anyway).

Given the vast amounts of $ to be made, IMO expect heavy pressure to force people to take it.

• Like 1