Help need somebody to countersign for passport

I have been going through the process of getting my 2 sons their first British passports

2 British teachers who could have countersigned their photos have returned to the u.k 6 months ago

I only have a thai doctor who has known them for the last 6 years

Can anyone let me know how i can get a countersignature when i am the only farang in the village?

would it be accepted to use the Thai doctor which i have done 10 years ago on my last Passport

Really need help on this any advise would be great

19 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Countersigning passport applications isn't required for applications from those living outside the UK.

Wrong - Countersigning is a requirement for those applying for their first Passport (or renewal for those under 11) and is also a requirement outside of the country. 

The counter signature is to attest that the signatory has known the ‘family’ for at least 2 years and that the photographs presented are a true likeness - the photos need to be signed. 

Your counter signatory must be a British, EU, US or Commonwealth passport holder (best if British or Irish).

https://www.gov.uk/countersigning-passport-applications

It may be best to call the British Embassy and ask their advice. 

11 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Countersigning passport applications isn't required for applications from those living outside the UK.

For most renewals that is indeed correct, but as the OP's application is for a childs first passport, countersigning is required, as it is for an adults first passport.

I do agree with your comment that if the OP disclosed his location, we might be able to offer some meaningful advice.

6 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

For most renewals that is indeed correct, but as the OP's application is for a childs first passport, countersigning is required, as it is for an adults first passport.

Chiang Mai British Consulate told me it wasn't required in 2011, when I applied for my kids first British passport. 

He was 2 weeks old.

The passport subsequently was issued without any problems and without any countersignature.

Mom also didn't have a birth certificate, they accepted her ID card in it's place.

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Chiang Mai British Consulate told me it wasn't required in 2011, when I applied for my kids first British passport.

The passport subsequently was issued without any problems and without any countersignature.

Mom also didn't have a birth certificate, they accepted her ID card in it's place.

Maybe the rules have changed in the last nine years:

Some paper passport applications and photos must be signed by someone else (the ‘countersignatory’) to prove the identity of the person applying.

You must get your paper form and one of your 2 print photos signed if you’re applying for a:

• first adult passport
  • first child passport
  • replacement for a lost, stolen or damaged passport
  • renewal of a passport for a child aged 11 or under
  • renewal of a passport if your appearance has changed and you cannot be recognised from your existing passport

I am actually going to make 3 passports 

Mine is due for renewal at the end of the year and I thought it would be a good time to do both my sons 6 and 4 years old.

What I might do is renew without having to countersign and once again delay my sons passport applications but it's the last thing I want to do and really do not like going to Bangkok unless I have to.

Problem is getting a countersignatory is difficult enough but I see you need a copy of there passport as well signed by them which most people would not want to do.

1 minute ago, kwak250 said:

Problem is getting a countersignatory is difficult enough but I see you need a copy of there passport as well signed by them which most people would not want to do.

Only if they have a US, Commonwealth, or non-British or non-Irish EU passport.

5 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

Is that right I just noticed someone on another post saying first thing they asked for was copy of the persons passport signed .

If you’re applying outside the UK

Your countersignatory must have a current British, Irish or other EU, US or Commonwealth passport.

If they have a US, Commonwealth, or non-British or non-Irish EU passport, you must include with your application a colour photocopy of the page with their photograph on it.

Your application will be processed faster if they have a British or Irish passport.

https://www.gov.uk/countersigning-passport-applications

Archived