BANGKOK
Felt 35

Blood pressure monitor (Home monitor)

Would be grateful if someone could recommend a good blood pressure monitor and where to buy in Thailand?

Thanks

Felt

Lol  just going to say Omron!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1

omron brand and be sure it is the cuff type not the wrist type, wriost tyopes are less accurate.

Make sure the cuff fits OK, if you are heavy then may need an extra large cuff

Many pharmacies, Boots etc carry this and can also order online easily from Lazada or Shoppee

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

This is good and highly rated, would be good if someone compared to an Omon that people always parrot 

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.cy55v

I bought several on eBay. They look similar to yours but were about 600 Baht - the others were for friends. I compared them to measurements with the one in the hospital. Pretty much the same. I have been using mine for 3 years already and no problems. Works with battery or USB and can speak. 

16015148025200.jpg

Edited by Oldie

13 minutes ago, Oldie said:

I bought several on eBay. They look similar to yours but were about 600 Baht - the others were for friends. I compared them to measurements with the one in the hospital. Pretty much the same. I have been using mine for 3 years already and no problems. Works with battery or USB and can speak. 

16015148025200.jpg

Yes the cheaper ones can be good, mine was only 300 baht but the quality is far more than the price that's why a comparison would be interesting. Good idea comparing at the hospital. 

Some price difference maybe due to marketing, for example my 1,500 baht laser rangefinder is as good as a 15,000 baht Bushnell, some people pay extra for name

I bought a Pharmahof branded full- cuff type at Fascino in Pattaya for 1900 baht about 5 years ago for home use, never missed a beat yet. I also have an Omron wrist-cuff type for travel and work. I had a mate bring it over from the US. I frequently cross check them and they compare close enough.

Be wary of how to use, when to take measurements and which readings to take.

Always do at the same time each day, same conditions and exactly as recommended.

Ignore the first two readings and take the average of the next three.

My first reading can be incredibly high (white coat syndrome?)....much happier with the lower readings 5555

3 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Be wary of how to use, when to take measurements and which readings to take.

Always do at the same time each day, same conditions and exactly as recommended.

Ignore the first two readings and take the average of the next three.

My first reading can be incredibly high (white coat syndrome?)....much happier with the lower readings 5555

Looks like it'd be easier & less stressful just to diet & exercise and get your blood pressure down to normal under any normal circumstances.

That's what I do and my blood pressure's always normal. No need to worry or take meds.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Looks like it'd be easier & less stressful just to diet & exercise and get your blood pressure down to normal under any normal circumstances.

That's what I do and my blood pressure's always normal. No need to worry or take meds.

Doesn't work for everyone. Some people have a genetic predisposition toi hypertension even when at ideal weight and active.

You may also find that this changes as you age.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Doesn't work for everyone. Some people have a genetic predisposition toi hypertension even when at ideal weight and active.

Then we seem to have an extraordinarily large number here w/ the genetic predisposition. But OK--unless you have a genetic predisposition.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

You may also find that this changes as you age.

But then so does the standard of "normal." I keep waiting but mine just stays the same as it always was.

1 hour ago, BigStar said:

But then so does the standard of "normal." I keep waiting but mine just stays the same as it always was.

Have you checked the m/c is not faulty......maybe you are 190/120 and don't know it.....5555