Problems with Cat Lady

Shu Ting

Hi all,

I am wondering if you have any experience about what to do with a situation like this.

a few months ago this lady (Thai) came every night to feed some food to stray cats outside my house. And since then there are more and more stray cats coming to eat the food she put out every single night. These cats also do their smelly businesses around my house and my neighbour’s house. 

My husband and I had confronted her before to stop putting food out for the cats but she was really nasty and fierce. She scolded us in extremely rude words and still do as she likes. She said that she doesn’t put cat food in front of my gate. But she put the food in front and inside my neighbour’s gate. My neighbour told her off about it and got scolded about a month ago.

last week things were escalating. As she came to put food at neighbour’s gate my neighbour kicked away the food. Then she went into this crazy fierce mode who kept on scolding my neighbour, an old man. She even attempted to hit him, luckily his daughter was blocking her from hitting her dad. This crazy cat lady then called up her friends to come for support. About 4-5 people showed up. One of them joined in the verbal abuse. Fortunately nobody got hurt that night. Neighbour also called police but to nobody’s surprise police never show up. Neighbour’s wife has a video record of the quarrel.

since then when she came round every night to put cat food, she always scolded neighbor in her rude language. My neighbour’s daughter will wash the cat food down the drain as soon as crazy cat lady left.

Tonight when she found out that the cat food has been washed down the drain (it’s like she came back to check) she started scolding and kicking neighbour’s gate. Then she also kicked and broke some pots outside the house. My neighbours did not come out as they couldn’t hear. I told neighbour’s not to have another clash with her because they couldn’t fight her and her partner (she always come with somebody in a motorcycle).

I feel a bit unsafe in my own house. It’s annoying having to deal with the cat poops and pees, and the noises she made at night when she comes round to put out cat food. The cat lady lives somewhere deep down the soi and she’s not even around our house. We and many people have always told her that if she loves the cats so much why not she bring them home to look after? All we ever received was her scolding.

Is there anything we could do? Advice please?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Anyone feeding strays has a mental disorder, put your own special food out first, fish with additives should do the trick. We had a mad cat lady at old condo, where no pets were allowed, she had about 20.

No need to hurt the poor cats just because of one inconsiderate person's behavior. Better to find a way to get her to put the food in front of her own house.

Edited by squawkorama
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Cat repellents. 

What Cats hate the most?
Surprising smells cats hate
  • Citrus: orange, lemon, lime, and grapefruit. Citrus smells are widely reported as being repugnant to cats. ...
  • Lavender, geranium, and eucalyptus. ...
  • Rosemary, thyme, and rue. ...
  • Banana and mustard. ...
  • Pepper, curry, and cinnamon. ...
  • Mint, wintergreen, and menthol. ...
  • Pine and cedar. ...

yes especially the pepper... it works well 

I had first heard of it a a kid, where mum would sprinkle table pepper over the garden. This stopped the cats (we has 11) from scratching thier poo, and disturbing her plants 

Best pepper is white, and the most Finest of thew powder that you can get your hands on 

be very liberal all of the old ladys discarded scraps

- but fingers crossed it doesn't rain to soon after... 

buy Bulk   (remember 'Not' Cracked or the like peppercorn) 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Cat repellents. 

What Cats hate the most?
Surprising smells cats hate
  • Citrus: orange, lemon, lime, and grapefruit. Citrus smells are widely reported as being repugnant to cats. ...
  • Lavender, geranium, and eucalyptus. ...
  • Rosemary, thyme, and rue. ...
  • Banana and mustard. ...
  • Pepper, curry, and cinnamon. ...
  • Mint, wintergreen, and menthol. ...
  • Pine and cedar. ...

I use pepper to keep them off my seed beds. Very effective.

• Thanks 1

I would just have someone with a dog who has the same time free, to come and sit right where she puts the food.....I am sure your neighbor would allow the person inside his gate and relax in a nice comfortable chair until she shows. If she realizes they won't come around to eat the food, she may stop. 

Also, I would just keep the watering the food down the drain trick once she leaves.  The only way she can solve that is she would have to stick around and make sure the strays come eat the food but if she is that imbalanced, she likely has other things to do lol!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Strays are no better than rats, would you feed them? strays spread toxiplasmosis and <deleted> all over the place. I am only sad about all the millions of strays that idiots stupidly think they are helping, when all they are doing is prolonging suffering and as such become part of the problem.

You must have had a great upbringing.

I doubt you would be impressed with a slow and agonising death for yourself or family.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1