Xmas holiday suggestion box

Jack Hna

Looking for suggestions for family Christmas holiday.

Got a child in tow who is 4 he is happy with the sea and sand so not too fussy on location just a nice beach nearby is required.

Loved mae phim but last trip there was a bit of a let down as the steakhouse had shut, a lot of restaurants were shut but it was June of this year but it may be as bleak this December still?

Prefer apartments or even a house rental but got to be close to the beach. 

We do not drive whilst on holiday do not even rent motorcycles we just stay close to the beach so need a couple of 5 nearby food options.

Not interested in islands prefer coastline places with easy access from BKK upto 2.5 hours away.

Would be up for somewhere new or even a hidden gem no one has heard of or hot much info on.

I have high hopes for this year but on the same note I feel for the touristic places given the lack of tourists. I do like a quiet holiday though. 

We have a budget of about 4k a day not including flights, transport or accommodation. 10 days.

Would love to rent a house with a pool never done that. We are extremely respectful of other people's properties etc.

13 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

Prefer apartments or even a house rental but got to be close to the beach. 

We like Hua Hin and stay at iBis hotels wherever we travel around Thailand as the family room accommodates our two kids in (double bunks) nicely, it has a pool and a kids pool adjoining, you can book with or without breakfast and it is in a quiet location.

The beach is down the side street and is within a short walk from the hotel as are restaurants, they also provide a shuttle service to the shopping malls.

Prices are very friendly as well.

Would suggest you check them out on the web and then go to Google maps to see where they are and where the beach is.

• Like 1

Ao nang, Krabi
Green View village resort

have visted Ao nang maybe 20 odd times, stayed many different places there
the resort i mention is not right near the beach but a 10 min stroll and still close to all food etc

i mention this place as you have a 4 year old kid
i would suggest to book the suite (old room, roughly 1500 baht)
do not book the new rooms as they are tiny and have no character
the old rooms, the 2 suites they have are right on the pool and 60m2 so great for family as you have a living room in the front
and you can sit outside your room while still at the pool????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Hna said:

Ao nang could be I retesting good call. Expect it to be very different this year

IMO its probably the most family friendly place in Thailand
the suites in GVVR was a nice little gem when i found it

(and yes i know about the RRR incident before the trolls start)

House on the beach with a pool over the holidays for ฿4K a day close to Bangkok might be tough. 

The Centara Hua Hin is perfect. Open the balcony and the front door and get the breeze through the room.

Breakfast outside, great staff, pony rides, plenty of places to walk to..,

Shame you don't like islands White sands on Koh Chang, have everything you need, own bungalow on the beach or over the road are cheaper., pools and good beach, many restaurants, Oddies pub with live music kid friendly.

Please don't bring up the 'that' resort or the ongoing drama.

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Shame you don't like islands White sands on Koh Chang, have everything you need, own bungalow on the beach or over the road are cheaper., pools and good beach, many restaurants, Oddies pub with live music kid friendly.

Please don't bring up the 'that' resort or the ongoing drama.

And it's not a bad drive. Fun driving around the island as well. 

• Like 1

i would suggest looking for a smaller boutique hotel, fewer than a dozen rooms, with no buffet restaurant attached.

if the current attempt to begin charter tourist packages is successful, expect to see a major push to bring in as many as possible, as quickly as possible.

given the covid situation in western countries, that means chinese package tours.  easy to plan, easy to fill quotas.

2021 spring festival golden week will be feb 11-17, but millions or retirees in beijing and tianjin will be available.