Thai Beaches Won’t Reopen Fully Until Vaccines Become Available

webfact

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

If you want to cower in your room alone, I'm OK with that.

But that's no reason for you to want to force everyone else to do it.

Easy to open up.  We've done it here in Thailand, China has done it, etc.  Follow the guidelines and it can be done.  Sadly, many don't agree with this.

I'm not cowering in my room alone.  Don't have to here.  Luckily.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Donga said:

You serious about globe shutting down to protect you? How about self protection and let the world go about resurrection, especially the young and poorer members of the global community.

2nd wave cases in Europe started spiking weeks ago and deaths have stubbornly refused to follow. They're still low and there are a number of reasons including improved treatment, lots of testing, young people catching, not dying and continued distancing in many places and same with masks.

Continued social distancing and masks makes good sense, but not the medical experts. Many don't seemed connected to the real world and Western experts were generally disparaging of masks at the onset, costing so many lives in the northern hemi first wave.

Banning people on Thai beaches is crazy. Covid-19 doesn't thrive at all in Thai, or most countries outdoors. This is well established, so any expert suggesting extending the ban probably can't swim.

Self protection is impossible if people ignore the medical experts advice.  You don't seem to understand the real reason they said not to wear masks initially.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, patman30 said:

Most selfish statement of the century

other people are not responsible for your poor life choices

your right to stay inside would not change

Wanting to protect myself and my family is selfish?  Not wearing masks and social distancing is selfish.  I don't stay inside and haven't made poor life choices.  You know nothing about me.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

Vaccine won't be widely available in Thailand until 2022 at the earliest. So good luck with that plan

Who told you that? 

Why Thailand should wait for a vaccine until 2022 when other countries will use it this year already ?

Makes no sense. ????

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

That is so poriticarry incollect ....

This was when the world was normal and people could make joke without fear of offending !

...a brilliant sketch, love the isle of wight bit

Edited by poohy
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Who told you that? 

Why Thailand should wait for a vaccine until 2022 when other countries will use it this year already ?

Makes no sense. ????

There may be a jab this year, maybe not.  It's not guaranteed.  And not guaranteed it will work or be safe.  Health care providers will be first, followed by the rest of us.  Making and transporting billions of jabs is an incredible job.  Doubt most of us will see it until mid next year.  If we're lucky.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, madmen said:

Beaches and popular islands could do with a long break from the relentless pressure of chinese mass tourism to allow for rejuvenation . If there is an upside this is it 

Indeed, there is an upside to this, you just don't want to be part of the collateral that the "agenda" is out to achieve, look at the UN 2030 goals (or agenda - same) as that's what this is all about, the end result will be an improved world - no doubt about it, but for the millions who have to suffer and die to reach the lofty goals - there is going to be a lot of misery!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

There may be a jab this year, maybe not.  It's not guaranteed.  And not guaranteed it will work or be safe.  Health care providers will be first, followed by the rest of us.  Making and transporting billions of jabs is an incredible job.  Doubt most of us will see it until mid next year.  If we're lucky.

Fortune tellers stuff. All unproven ????

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Now who is being selfish....

Yes, you do, but that doesn't go to the point of causing a global depression and destroying the lives of 100s of millions if not billions.

In the end, the lives and futures of young people have more value to society than those of people who already had their shot and are nearing the end of the road. Certainly serious efforts need to be made to protect them. My parents are in their 80s and 90s in the US and are seriously self isolating (yes the US totally mucked it up). If they die so be it, they had a good run; I hope they don't. I am 56. If I end up dying so society can function normally and young people don't end up killing themselves, I can accept that.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/30/world/europe/ski-party-pandemic-travel-coronavirus.html?campaign_id=2&emc=edit_th_20201001&instance_id=22679&nl=todaysheadlines&regi_id=80027960&segment_id=39505&user_id=1298cdda864738dcf5f5cb52747197da

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Who told you that? 

Makes no sense. ????

No it makes 100% sense.

There will be limited supplies of vaccines no matter what anybody says, and because Thailand has zero cases, it will be last on the list to receive vaccines, this is just basic common sense. The vaccine will go first to countries that have bad outbreaks or continue to have outbreaks, and that will take a while. I'm sure Thailand will get a token amount, but if you think the general population will get access in 2021 you are dreaming

4 minutes ago, Rancid said:

Is that from that video that showed the emergency room in Italy, Australia and the US. Turned out of course that it was the same video. As we know now from many posted videos most hospitals were deserted. No doubt a few were busy but they were the exception. Nurses and doctors were dancing as had nothing else to do. Nurses I spoke to here said work was boring.

Most hospitals in Italy were deserted?  You seriously believe that?  Wow....where do you get your news?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/not-a-wave-a-tsunami-italy-hospitals-at-virus-limit