President Trump asked the Proud Boys to 'stand by.' Who are they?

webfact

13 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

It's the crazies hanging on her coattails. 

Yeah? And what reason is there to believe these (whomever they are, and assuming the relations implied are correct) will have more power? All you've got on this score is scaremongering. You do not provide a rational explanation to support such views.

• Like 1

The people know, internationally, the 'base 'is shrinking, for a fool on his own hwy..  A car crash and wasted of so much.   The world needs leaders, common ground,  <deleted> this is a disaster under the DJT admin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BUT! please' stand by'   

What a crock of ...........................................................

• Thanks 1

The 'ADL' gets to decide who is a 'hate group' and who is not a 'hate group'  antifa-not a hate group.  extremist-zionists-not a hate group.  Black nationalists and black panthers-not a 'hate group'  Anything that identifies with European heritage or ethinicity- a hate group!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, pkspeaker said:

Black nationalists and black panthers-not a 'hate group'  Anything that identifies with European heritage or ethinicity [sic]- a hate group!

Not so:

The New Black Panther Party for Self Defense (not related to the original Black Panther Party) is the most extreme organized racist and anti-Semitic African-American group in the United States.

3 hours ago, Morch said:

Yeah? And what reason is there to believe these (whomever they are, and assuming the relations implied are correct) will have more power? All you've got on this score is scaremongering. You do not provide a rational explanation to support such views.

Pelosi can barely contain the progressives. Get used to topics like slavery reparations, free health care for all, white privilege, the "Green Deal" just to name a few ideas. I retired last year, all this really doesn't mean much financially speaking. Still it hurts. And because of that I wish the POTUS a speedy recovery.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pkspeaker said:

The 'ADL' gets to decide who is a 'hate group' and who is not a 'hate group'  antifa-not a hate group.  extremist-zionists-not a hate group.  Black nationalists and black panthers-not a 'hate group'  Anything that identifies with European heritage or ethinicity- a hate group!

'Anything that identifies with European heritage or ethinicity.'...........is that your 'polite' euphemism for white supremacy?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Pelosi can barely contain the progressives. Get used to topics like slavery reparations, free health care for all, white privilege, the "Green Deal" just to name a few ideas. I retired last year, all this really doesn't mean much financially speaking. Still it hurts. And because of that I wish the POTUS a speedy recovery.

You keep stating things as if they are facts. They are not.

Pelosi did a fairly good job (for her side, at least), in that she kept the focus on Trump, not getting drawn into infighting and not really selling out to nutters. Sure, there were some compromises, that's politics. In reality, though, nothing major was changed.

If and when these radical, extreme voices assume more power, perhaps you'll have a point. As it stands, they are neither as numerous or holding as much clout as you imply. I also doubt that the power balance within the party remains constant - seats are won and lost, and the dynamic changes when holding majority or when winning presidential elections.

• Like 1

President Trump asked the Proud Boys to 'stand by.' 'stand down and stand by.' Who are they?

IMHO, Trump should have jammed Wallace's question down his throat nicely by pointing out that he had already disavowed 'white supremacists' and other violent groups such as Antifa, BLM and KKK several times in the past and that it was a matter of public record, It's clear to me that Wallace was not informed well enough to even ask the question. The mis-quote (the omission of 'stand down') in the title of this OP is intended to alter the meaning of what Trump actually said. IMHO

FACT - Public Video: Kayleigh McEnany, White House Press Secretary, had to list (even with the dates of some) of Trump's historic condemnations these violent hate groups) during a press conference the next day and was badgered by Fox News' reporter John Roberts to answer his question again. She replied, "I just did.".

Additional Ref: HERE

PM me for related links.

Edited by MaxYakov

4 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

President Trump asked the Proud Boys to 'stand by.' 'stand down and stand by.' Who are they?

IMHO, Trump should have jammed Wallace's question down his throat nicely by pointing out that he had already disavowed 'white supremacists' and other violent groups such as Antifa, BLM and KKK several times in the past and that it was a matter of public record, It's clear to me that Wallace was not informed well enough to even ask the question. The mis-quote (the omission of 'stand down') in the title of this OP is intended to alter the meaning of what Trump actually said. IMHO

FACT - Public Video: Kayleigh McEnany, White House Press Secretary, had to list (even with the dates of some) of Trump's historic condemnations these violent hate groups) during a press conference the next day and was badgered by Fox News' reporter John Roberts to answer his question again. She replied, "I just did.".

Additional Ref: HERE

PM me for related links.

Nice try, but that kite don't fly.   We all know his dog whistle works.   First he sends them a message of support followed by a weak and generalized denial, but the message has been sent and received.   The groups know they have his tacit approval.   

It's not just words, but actions that count.   He speaks out of both sides of his mouth and the hate side is louder and clearer.   The other side is weak and generalized.   

Remember during the campaign when he told the police not to be so nice to criminals?   Now look at the mess we have with police brutality....see the connection?   See how it works?   

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Credo said:

Nice try, but that kite don't fly.   We all know his dog whistle works.   First he sends them a message of support followed by a weak and generalized denial, but the message has been sent and received.   The groups know they have his tacit approval.   

It's not just words, but actions that count.   He speaks out of both sides of his mouth and the hate side is louder and clearer.   The other side is weak and generalized.   

Remember during the campaign when he told the police not to be so nice to criminals?   Now look at the mess we have with police brutality....see the connection?   See how it works?   

What is the specific connection between President Trump and the "police brutality", please?

4 minutes ago, MaxYakov said:

What is the specific connection between President Trump and the "police brutality", please?

He told them to stop being so 'nice' and  they have listened.   Rather simple, really.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Credo said:
31 minutes ago, MaxYakov said:

He told them to stop being so 'nice' and  they have listened.   Rather simple, really.

Yes, I see. It is simple isn't it? Do you think the cops would agree and admit to your contention as well? If you are in the USA, why don't you try bouncing this hypothesis off a few of them and get back to us with their responses, eh? BTW, Don't forget to mention the "police brutality" when discussing it with them.

Edited by MaxYakov

3 minutes ago, MaxYakov said:

Yes, I see. It is simple isn't it? Do you think the cops would agree and admit to your contention as well?

There actions would say they took him at his word.   But you deflect.  Trump is on the record with his support for hate groups.   He has been consistent in his support and weak in his condemnation.  

Edited by Credo
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Credo said:

There actions would say they took him at his word.   But you deflect.  Trump is on the record with his support for hate groups.   He has been consistent in his support and weak in his condemnation.  

How did I "deflect"? We've got to get to the bottom of this since it is so serious. So, as before, credible sources please. Audio/Video of Trump preferred. Since I was still editing my comment when you replied to it would be a good idea to refer to the most recent version of it HERE.

Too funny.  It certainly makes sense.  It gives a whole new meaning to being a "Proud boy"....

[The Proud Boys hashtag, which members of the far-right group have been using, was trending Sunday after gay men on Twitter hijacked it and flooded the feed with photos of their loved ones and families and with memes.]

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/04/us/proud-boys-twitter-hashtag-gay-men-trnd/index.html

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Too funny.  It certainly makes sense.  It gives a whole new meaning to being a "Proud boy"....

[The Proud Boys hashtag, which members of the far-right group have been using, was trending Sunday after gay men on Twitter hijacked it and flooded the feed with photos of their loved ones and families and with memes.]

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/04/us/proud-boys-twitter-hashtag-gay-men-trnd/index.html

I was thinking about that association already. So no surprise something like this happened, seems they have done it well mannered and decent.

On 10/1/2020 at 11:35 AM, Blue Muton said:

Deflection. Is that because answering the question would not suit your agenda?

Do you know who the Proud Boy's Chairman is? And his ethnicity?

"On Wednesday Proud Boy International Chairman Enrique Tarrio, an African-Hispanic American, spoke out against the smear that Proud Boys is a white supremacist group as Joe Biden claims." Source Sky News.

Fact.

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

"On Wednesday Proud Boy International Chairman Enrique Tarrio, an African-Hispanic American, spoke out against the smear that Proud Boys is a white supremacist group as Joe Biden claims." Source Sky News.

Fact.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proud_Boys

"The Proud Boys are a far-right, neo-fascist and male-only organization[4] that promotes and engages in political violence in the United States and Canada. While the group officially rejects racism, several members have been affiliated with white supremacy and they have been described by US intelligence organisations as "a dangerous white supremacist group"

Not the weasel words of their neo-facist leader, fact.

Edited by polpott
  • Like 2

On 10/7/2020 at 8:42 PM, Baerboxer said:

Fact.

Until you can learn some manners and actually answer a question pertinently rather than spout irrelevant (and more often than not untrue) rhetoric, please do not reply to my posts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1