President Trump asked the Proud Boys to 'stand by.' Who are they?

webfact

57 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

No, it's because like all left wingers you apply double standards, hypocrisy and only focus on the bits that suit your rhetoric and agenda. 

But most people can see that.

You do not speak for most people. You do not know what most people think or see.

Most voters, at least, did not vote for Trump, nor did your notions help the Republicans retain House of Representative majority.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Why would this be against rules? Most people believe their race is superior in some aspects than others. 

Other people are terrified of being called a racist, probably as they don't know what it means.

I doubt that you know what most people believe. Both in general, and regarding the opinion you claimed.

Considering your recent 'contributions', I don't think you're in much of a position to lecture anyone about "know what it means".

Edited by Morch
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

I doubt that you know what most people believe. Both in general, and regarding the opinion you claimed.

Considering your recent 'contributions', I don't think you're in much of a position to lecture anyone about "know what it means".

I've no idea who you are or what you're talking about. 

What contributions? What lecturing? 

Ready for the ignore list. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wwest5829 said:

There are many of us knowing history who would state we are anti fascists.

Definitely. 

Being anti fascist is definitely a good thing but to be fair some of the specific tactics of people that identify as antifa are questionable. 

Violence isn't productive now. Probably if the US division advances to more explicit civil war then things would be different.

But in that case its obvious the fascists would win. They've got most of the guns.

Edited by Jingthing

8 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Kind of ironic really. A white supremacy group whose membership is multi-racial. 

Evenkeel, you posted that trump would crush Biden in the debate! I did read at RNC and trump reelection both said he won the debate. How did you feel about trump hitting that crushing blow?

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Definitely. 

Being anti fascist is definitely a good thing but to be fair some of the specific tactics of people that identify as antifa are questionable. 

Violence isn't productive now. Probably if the US division advances to more explicit civil war then things would be different.

But in that case its obvious the fascists would win. They've got most of the guns.

I agree and apply the same reasoning to some police actions ... hmmm, greater application in regions of the globe today. “ ... and the whole world ends up blind”

5 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

This from the Trump Administration DHS (but clearly not from Trump himself):

[White supremacists present the gravest terror threat to the United States, according to a draft report from the Department of Homeland Security.]

[Russia “probably will be the primary covert foreign influence actor and purveyor of disinformation and misinformation in the Homeland,” the documents also say.]

[None of the drafts POLITICO reviewed referred to a threat from Antifa...]

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/04/white-supremacists-terror-threat-dhs-409236

So if you keep repeating Trump's lies, what does that make you?

A base trump supporter.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mthomsen111 said:

Not really. Inner city gangs are mostly about the drug trade. Capitalists.

The psychological studies I refer to cited a need to belong to and be accepted as a member of a group. That is not to say that many inner city males see that they have a greater chance of earning money through the drug trade than any hope of getting an education in promise of bettering their economic condition.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, simon43 said:

Where does it say that they are a white supremacy group?  The article says "Group members tend to adhere to an ideology that rejects overt white supremacy but embraces chauvinism, according to the ADL."

That came form Biden

4 hours ago, Morch said:

Given that you (and other Trump supporters) often raise generalized complaints about the media, while at the same time failing to either clearly demonstrate them, or offer acceptable, viable alternatives does not make your point.

Let's start with this - is there such an Antifa webpage? Does it include the alleged information? Is there any credible source supporting such allegations? Something to confirm it?

I am not American and have no axe to grind one way or the other but you obviously don't know the history of ANTIFA. It started in the early 1930's (some say 1920's) and was originally in Europe (generally speaking) Originally an anti fascist, largely a far left, movement. Some writers say it was born out of Resistance. After WWII it seemed to splinter and there was not really one specific group but various groups with similar ideals. This is why there speculation and doubt today. ANTIFA appeared in Britain later along side far right groups (hence my earlier post on this thread). When people tell you they are not real it is because they can't pin ANTIFA down to a particular HQ. There are historical books on the subject but beware there are also books that are, shall I say, 'questionable'. The other point is that groups with similar ideals have different names but end up with the same acronym ANTIFA. However, years ago, to my dismay, I found out yet another related group that were most definitely of the 'armed' (in fact 'armed' was their first word in their acronym) variety and their sole purpose is/was to further anarchy and communism. I am not suggesting anything about the riots in the USA but it would be difficult understand why the USA wouldn't have 'chapters', 'houses' etc. of ANTIFA.

I think what your post is based upon is when, 2019 and this year, contradictory remarks being made and that ANTIFA was an ideology not an organisation. Now that is true, up to a point. As I said above they are not an organisation with a definite HQ or centre (although they even had a congress in the early days) but they definitely exist.

Edited by TKDfella
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Kind of ironic really. A white supremacy group whose membership is multi-racial. 

They are obviously not white supremacists. 

But, they are definitely a fascist group. Fascism doesn't include only white supremacists.

Fascism is on the rise in the US. Let's not forget that the Proud Boys are not the only fascist group. There is a wide range of fascist militia. And, the KKK and Aryan Nation still very much exist. 

I fear things will get ugly after the election. Of course, the US is not the Middle East, and things won't get out of control, but, many innocent people might be killed or injured by fascists. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Evenkeel, you posted that trump would crush Biden in the debate! I did read at RNC and trump reelection both said he won the debate. How did you feel about trump hitting that crushing blow?

I don't know what crushing blow you're talking about. But, thanks for being a fan.

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Who are they?

They are a dangerous organization according the federal, state and local law enforcement agencies. Some US agencies label than as white supremacists and extremists and a criminal gang. They are a violent far-right extremist group according to the N California Regional Intel Center. 
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/01/proud-boys-white-supremacist-group-law-enforcement-agencie

Seem any rational person will denounce any extremist groups that use violence to achieve their aims unless you have intention to profit from them. 

12 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

WHY WERE THEY MENTIONED DURING THE DEBATE?

Debate moderator Chris Wallace asked Trump if he was willing to condemn white supremacists and militia groups and tell them to “stand down” and not add to violence during recent protests in U.S. cities such as Portland, Oregon, and Kenosha, Wisconsin.

Trump agreed to do that, asking, "Who would you like me to condemn?” Biden interjected: "The Proud Boys."

Tell that to joe.

You can tell Joe but he will have forgotten by tomorrow 

• Haha 1