Expired extensions due to lock out

Their may be something coming out later to allow those in your situation to apply for a non-o visa and enter the country using it to start all over again. It may require showing 500k baht in a bank for 6 months under the latest announcements.

Or if you can meet the requirement for OA visa apply for it and use it to get a certificate of entry and then enter the country.

3 minutes ago, twix38 said:

I'm out of Thailand with my retirement visa due to expire in a couple of months.

Coming back when allowed to start all over again! If under the circumstances where I have not been allowed to return, I need to start all over again then I will relocate permanently back to UK and stop my support of Thai economy with funds moved back to UK.

I'm not jumping through all the immigration hoops when I can go elsewhere.

To start all over again is not that hard. Either apply for an O-A Visa at home and then apply for the CoE, or wait until the restrictions incl quarantine are gone, it might take a few months more, though, then apply for a 90 days Non-immigrant O based on retirement at home and extend it 1 year after 60 days at the local immigration office. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I would continue if allowed to renew after expiry in the covid  circumstances but have to admit I ever so slightly prefer to stop. Hence that means not renting a house and returning all assets and funds. I will let immigration choose and fully expect it will be my slight preference.

4 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

why they suddenly ask 500k while married people have to show 400k in the bank

The 500k baht is required to apply for a visa at a embassy or official consulate for certain visa categories that has been proposed.

The 400k baht is to apply for an extension at immigration.

1 hour ago, twix38 said:

It's not tooooooo  hard but having decided I am broadly fed up with Thailand then it's way tooooo  hard.

If immigration let us renew after expiry if shown in passport we had been out of country when subsequently not allowed to return - without significant impediments . Then I would be okay to continue as is. However it's a close run thing and so needing to go through the whole process from scratch would be a deal breaker for me. I simply can't be bothered as not enough benefit and would relocate to UK and exploring other nearer winter options. I will let the visa issue determine my actions. I am no longer in love with Thailand.

If you're fed up with Thailand then why would it matter what your visa status is? You're not coming back anyway...

• Like 2

Our yearly Non "O" extension expires next month. Do we want to pay at least THB 60,000 twice to stay in a room for 14 days and pay for a charter flight? We probably won't be allowed to use our THAI airways return tickets. Then we have to start the visa again from scratch.

So do we want to spend around THB 200,000 for the privilege of entering Thailand?

......or spend that money on a few winter months in the Canary islands.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, twix38 said:

It's not tooooooo  hard but having decided I am broadly fed up with Thailand then it's way tooooo  hard.

If immigration let us renew after expiry if shown in passport we had been out of country when subsequently not allowed to return - without significant impediments . Then I would be okay to continue as is. However it's a close run thing and so needing to go through the whole process from scratch would be a deal breaker for me. I simply can't be bothered as not enough benefit and would relocate to UK and exploring other nearer winter options. I will let the visa issue determine my actions. I am no longer in love with Thailand.

I’m with you bro! I’m a teacher with a valid work permit. I still can’t get my CoE <deleted>....15 years of service and this is how they repay me..in Sri Lanka as well which has minimal covid! I’m not feeling the love...Sri Lanka, on the other hand, is awesome!

9 minutes ago, eddi said:

Our yearly Non "O" extension expires next month. Do we want to pay at least THB 60,000 twice to stay in a room for 14 days and pay for a charter flight? We probably won't be allowed to use our THAI airways return tickets. Then we have to start the visa again from scratch.

So do we want to spend around THB 200,000 for the privilege of entering Thailand?

......or spend that money on a few winter months in the Canary islands.

Mmmm tough decision 555

• Like 1

Absolutely Robbieoff.

Tomazbodner,

I am okay to return each year for period of uk winter+ but not if i have to jump thtough hoops to re-establish. Im fine spending winters in thailand or stopping and trying pastures new and nearer. So, I'm letting the situation decide. I slightly think a change would be good but if I have retirement visa I will continue. If not then I will decamp to UK. It's not that difficult to understand surely. If I was keen to stay I would renew from scratch. I am not keen but will accept if it's not made difficult I.e. if I don't have to renew from scratch due to covid issues whilst abroad. If its not made easy in these circumstances then im not helping support the thai local economy any longer and easy for me to do as I can take Thailand or leave it these days. 

Edited by twix38
  • Like 1

Do the Thai Immigration read these posts. Do they realise how much money that they are losing for their country. Does it not concern them or has it not yet occurred to them what they will have to do when they finally notice how much their economy has suffered. All because of their stupid stubborn unrealistic policies.