Opinion: Bad review of Koh Chang hotel: The only real loser is Thai tourism

webfact

7 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

When the hotel reported the issue to the police, the police requested twice that "the special one" attend the police station to provide his side of the issue these requests by the police were ignored

he got arrested for not appearing at the police station as requested not for the review, Thai law gives an opportuinity to resolve the complaint via arbitration before the police proceed with charges, the person concerned ignored the "summons" and an arrest warrant was issued by the police, if he had turned up at the police station this issue would have most likely been resolved with no further action..but no he ignored the police request

and if he had of answered emails and phones from the hotel trying to resolve the matter the issue may never have reached the police station.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

and if he had of answered emails and phones from the hotel trying to resolve the matter the issue may never have reached the police station.

Probably not if he allowed them to blackmail him into removing the reviews. Hopefully, they’ll be some changes made to these laws.

Edited by camble

2 minutes ago, camble said:

Probably not if he allowed them to blackmail him into removing the reviews. 

He's a Tefler with a violent criminal history (wonder how he got around the background check?), am sure he would have been happy with a few thousand baht.

Maybe he should be looking to get his job back if not and he gets kicked out of Thailand I think the media circus would just escalate,

Another story how he lost his job, some outside influence if you know what I mean?

7 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

He's a Tefler with a violent criminal history (wonder how he got around the background check?), am sure he would have been happy with a few thousand baht.

I did ask that question early in the post, Dont need a police report from America 

5 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

You’re suggesting they bribe him?  As long as you’re speaking for him, maybe you should write his reviews too LOL. 

3 minutes ago, camble said:

You’re suggesting they bribe him?  As long as you’re speaking for him, maybe you should write his reviews too LOL. 

Your the one claiming they wanted to blackmail him.

Wonder if they are viewing this forum they could have you charged for making that claim?

10 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Maybe he should be looking to get his job back if not and he gets kicked out of Thailand I think the media circus would just escalate,

Another story how he lost his job, some outside influence if you know what I mean?

Or lack of work permit. 

• Like 1

I'm seeing this all over global mainstream news.  Talk about something that lifted up a rock and shined a bright light on the scurrying creatures underneath.

This isn't going to look good for either Thailand and their Machiavellian defamation laws nor for Sea View Resort & Spa Koh Chang which chose to bludgeon Mr. Barnes with those criminal defamation laws which effectively has cause more negative press for themselves - globally - than a few negative reviews buried amongst mostly positive reviews on the TripAdvisor's site would never do.  Those negativity reviews where literally in the noise.
If they send Mr. Barnes to prison they'll destroy what's left of their international business.  Time to capitulate and seek a solution that both parties can agree on, but also repairs the damage now done in the global Court of Opinion.

• Thanks 2

On 10/3/2020 at 1:17 PM, camble said:

In the US, we don't believe in entitlements. That's your culture. 

My personal experiences in USA and from observing the current administration and office holders behaviours I would venture to say that the sense of entitlement in the USA is of astronomical proportions.

• 2 weeks later...

once i stay at a hotel here in bkk and the bed had lots of bed bugs and when i feed back to the reception they dismissed it and i went back to the room and caught a few and put in a plastic bag and went back to the reception and show the staffs - guess what the staff did ? quickly took it and dump in the garbage can behind their counter. i got so furious i insist to see the higher authority, so the manager came and i brought him to the room to show him i wasn't telling lies. but unfortunately his non urgent body language tells me to move to another hotel right away. went and found a clean bed and room and stay for 3 week. it amaze me that they are willing to lose business but not face.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...