Thailand now open to long-stay tourists

webfact

26 minutes ago, paul1804 said:

In patient and out patient come under one policy for starters, hopefully the process will get fine tuned sooner rather than never but most of the requirements aren’t as bad as they sound. I didn’t see where GPS tracking was a requirement?

that requirement falls under the all-inclusive "as prescribed" clause.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

> Accept compliance of preventive measures as prescribed by the government, including submitting to alternative state quarantine in appointed hospitals/hotels for not less than 14 days.

7 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

> Proof of health and accident insurance policy, which should cover the entire period of stay in Thailand, with insurance for medical expenses in case of outpatient treatment of not less than Bt40,000 and in case of inpatient treatment of not less than Bt400,000.

So no 100.000 USD special Corona insurance needed now? New rules every day in this country!

$100k Covid-19 insurance is included in...????

»Accept compliance of preventive measures as prescribed by the government, including submitting to alternative state quarantine in appointed hospitals/hotels for not less than 14 days.«

4 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

how is minimum statutory annual leave applicable?  the minimums apply to factory workers and the lowest-paid occupations.  employers are not restricted to the minimum daily allowance.  regardless, how many minumum-wage, minimum-vacation workers travel to thailand for vacation in normal times?

maybe factor in the 4.5 million millionaires in china, along with the tens of millions of store/shop/factory owners who can let their kids run the shop while they winter in pattaya.

we get lots of northern retirees that buy apartments in hainan to spend the cold winter.  as long as they can get their rmb's out of the country, no reason they wouldn't want to spend a winter in thailand where the condos are so much cheaper.

yea right, if that's what you believe but as I said and has now been confirmed:

"business travellers invited by Thailand’s Board of Investment.”

The reliable source identified the guests as “CP Group business travellers” saying they constituted a corporate or “incentive travel group” not your typical leisure tourists.

32 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

yea right, if that's what you believe but as I said and has now been confirmed:

"business travellers invited by Thailand’s Board of Investment.”

The reliable source identified the guests as “CP Group business travellers” saying they constituted a corporate or “incentive travel group” not your typical leisure tourists.

sure, this particular first pilot project group of 150 from china turns out to be businesspeoples sponsored by cp.  gotta start somewhere.  the next group of 120 will allegedly consist of snowbirds from the country of scandinavia.

additional groups will be allowed in depending on this group's behavior in quarantine, new infections, and the virus situation in individual countries.

anyhoo, my prior post was about the statutory vacation days in china being irrelevant.  look at condos in beijing going for $15,000/meter.  retirees looking at hainan would pay a mere $3000/meter for their winter residence.  what does a decent condo go for in pattaya?

Edited by ChouDoufu

1 minute ago, ChouDoufu said:

aure, this particular first pilot project group of 150 from china turns out to be businesspeoples sponsored by cp.  gotta start somewhere.  the next group will allegedly consist of snowbirds from the country of scandinavia.

Yea gotta start somewhere to bag the best deals on cheap land and property in Phuket, fire sales to be had right now, especially if you're arriving on a private jet for a fortunate handful of Chinese billionaires.

8 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

When will this list of low risk countries be revealed? Aside from the paymaster generals China.

Strange how in China aside from Public holidays the minimum annual leave entitlement is only 5 days, so how and why are these Chinese coming here? Nothing to do with tourism thats a fact.

Maximum is 5 days up to 10 years of service. After 10 years they get 10 days, still not enough to enjoy quarantine in Thailand.

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yea gotta start somewhere to bag the best deals on cheap land and property in Phuket, fire sales to be had right now, especially if you're arriving on a private jet for a fortunate handful of Chinese billionaires.

private jet?  i thought it was a charter flight booked on thai airways.

2 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

private jet?  i thought it was a charter flight booked on thai airways.

Like I said and also a handful on private jet

Thailand’s Tourism and Sports Minister, Pipat Ratchakitprakarn, said today that they will fly directly to Phuket on a chartered Air Asia flight, adding that another, smaller group of seven Chinese businessmen will arrive at Suvarnabhumi International Airport on a private jet on the same day.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/first-group-of-chinese-tourists-to-arrive-in-phuket-on-oct-8th/

4 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

A quick google search will show you that. Countries listed in light blue = Low Risk Dark Blue = High Risk.  Taken from the WHO website. 

low risk.png

So as a British national in Malaysia am I classed as low risk? 

5 hours ago, wombat said:

Under current coronavirus travel restrictions, Australians are only allowed to leave the country for official business or compassionate personal reasons.

Good news @ last .

Every Virus , has a Silver Lining ..555

Edited by elliss

5 hours ago, Guderian said:

Aha, and there's the rub, all those dastardly foreigners who thought they could get away with not living in a concrete box perched in the sky and so bought a house via the company route will never be allowed back in. A good job I never left, lol, I'm attached to my lovely bungalow.

Indeed good job, you never left ..

The chances of returning too the Kingdom are , minus zero ..

2 hours ago, Blumpie said:

Have fun getting your testing before coming, plane tickets that may get cancelled, arrival, quarantine in a very expensive hotel with cheap thai food costing 8X the price.  Listening to booming music outside your door because it's "amazing thailand" for 14 days.  Going to closed deserted tourist attractions, hard to find food, the usual rip=offs, finding a way back to the airport in hopes that your flight hasn't been cancelled.  Get another COVID test maybe because of your own countries restrictions, and see if your plane will actually fly.  Then enjoy another 14 day quarantine when you get home.  Cost at least 10k USD.

NO THANK YOU!  

in my country it is open bar, everybody is welcome without quarantine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sean60 said:

What is plan B?

Plan B is called something else, but has the same list of expansion bonds, but out of order.
A new plan, with a new name, but with the same long list of very expensive will be coming out soon, but the same list will be shuffled again.
(they really think it is an illusion and that people do not understand ... you shouldn't really upset them and pretend it's new and find it smart so as not to take any risks).

I have  been to Thai;and  many times

No way will I  go through that lode of  stupid  mindless dribble

Who  dreams that  stuff up  ?

They  really think Thailand is  that special  ..Think they in for a  big  shock in who actually  comes  and in what  numbers

Chinese  for  sure   well  good  on them 

Thailand  Was  great 20 years ago  not  now mate ..... so  many  other  wonderful  tropical places without the  Nazi  type  control in Thailand

Good Luck Thailand

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

So as a British national in Malaysia am I classed as low risk? 

you have to choose a passport from a country where they did no test at all for get lucky with zero risk.

As ridiculous as it is by facts.

• Like 1

There are so many beautiful places in the world to visit what make these clowns think they are going to attract millions to Thailand with all this nonsense. The USA has more beautiful places than here with no restrictions by comparison. Same in Europe. Did The Prime minister get his beyond dumb idea of tracking bracelets passed? Many potential tourists will buy the video of their favorite destination and a case of fine wine to relax while watching it.

• Like 1