INTERNATIONAL VACCINE CERTIFICATE

peterpop

I would like to return to the UK but do not want to cut my ties with Thailand.  I am waiting for a vaccine certificate that is accepted internationally.  I think this will be difficult.  Imagine the vaccine is manufactured and delivered in Thailand.  Would that be accepted by the UK Health authorities.  Given Thailand"s reputation I doubt it.  Will a vaccine from UK or Switzerland be accepted by the Thai Immigration Police.  No income for Thailand, so debateable.  Are there any international agreements in place already ?

• Haha 1

Personally, I would not make any plans based on a vaccine being made available.  It may be a very long wait.

The fact there has never been a successful vaccine for a COVID type virus may play into that.  I would love to be wrong.  But if they are successful with vaccine for this one then common cold will have vaccine developed as well as H1N1, SARS,  and host of other pesky little diseases that have been with us for decades.

• Like 1

I believe when you start to hear noise via the main-stream press that vaccinations are about to become widely available to the public, then you'll also see the implementation of some kind of a "immunity passport."  However, given the global power struggle between the West and other substantial sovereign nations which also produce a vaccine, you'll probably see issues regarding what constitutes a 'valid' vaccination. And that's probably not gonna happen for another six months or more.  Just listen the main-stream news and read between the lines.

21 hours ago, Rancid said:

True, but you are assuming the vaccine has to work. It doesn't, it just needs to be bought and distributed so the the profits can be reaped. If later it proves useless or kills and mains people that doesn't matter as manufacturers cannot be sued.

Touché' kind sir.

A "vaccine" actually accomplishes 2 important goals: reap untold profits from desperate governments all around the globe and second, probably most important, gives all the nations that have ruined economic future of their people cover to get back to life and save what they can.

The only vaccination certificate recognised internationally I know is the one of the World Health Organisation. It is a small booklet and any doctor who does vaccinations should have it on hand. I got mine with my first vaccination as a child, misplaced or lost it later and got a new one when I needed a vaccination before my return flight to Thailand in 1975. I attach a copy of it with personal details pixelated.

Vaccination certificate - pixelated.pdf

If and when I get the SARS-CoV-2 vaccination, it will probably be recorded on page 9 under OTHER VACCINATIONS.

Yes I have an International Yellow Fever vaccine certificate from the same place.  There is some hope of one for Covid. I am old and cannot afford the prices touted for Covid insurance. There must be many like me.