Prayut promises to do his best to protect Thailand’s natural resources at UN Summit on Biodiversity

webfact

Prayut promises to do his best to protect Thailand’s natural resources at UN Summit on Biodiversity

By The Nation

800_8ec4bb5e15e209f.jpeg?v=1601538863

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha

At the United Nations Summit on Biodiversity on Thursday morning (8pm on Wednesday New York time), Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said his government will do its best to solve the problem of biodiversity losses in the country.

The summit, held via teleconferencing, was titled “Urgent Action on Biodiversity for Sustainable Development”.

Government spokesman Anuchai Burapachaisri quoted Prayut as saying that Thailand is well aware of the impact of biodiversity loss and climate change on the world and that it was taking this on as a new challenge.

He said the premier proposed three methods of dealing with climate change:

• Issuing policies to ensure natural resources are maintained and used in a sustainable manner by coming up with a master plan in line with the Convention on Biological Diversity.

• Encouraging stakeholders, private sector and society to use natural resources in a sustainable manner by cooperating with several agencies.

• Using the lesson learned from the Covid-19 crisis – the environment and eco-system will recover when people stay away – on natural resources. The government is planning to close national parks across the country for three months every year, so they can rebuild themselves.

Anucha added that Prayut also emphasised using a Bio-Circular-Green Economy to diversify people’s income and give them equal access to natural resources. He also called on other countries to protect their biodiversity for a better future.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30395449

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-10-01

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

70468702_2380114325642169_6924999938568880128_n.jpg.b74908acec6818202514170c1d4fddc9.jpg

Biodiversity for Sustainable Development Thai style! This picture is from a Thai national park!

from a British neighborhood..

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/local-news/2017/03/06/six-telford-streets-revealed-as-fly-tipping-hotspots-with-more-than-600-reports-of-dumped-waste/

Six Telford streets revealed as fly-tipping hotspots with more than 600 reports of dumped waste

Edited by from the home of CC
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

And to think, expats were arguing for the same pricing to go to a national park.  Have they actually been?  They are dilapidated, faded, silly, and basically a waste of time.  

But you may have won with your special card right?  Cost for the card is how much?  

"Doing your best" is a huge escape clause for failing to do what is needed. Similar to "I'll try".

"Do. Or do not. There is no try" per Yoda

I don't want mechanic to "do his best" to repair my car. I want my car repaired properly, full stop

• Like 2

Actually the fault here is the Thai  people, most dont give a  <deleted>  about their environment, yes we know Yinn is saving the planet singlehandedly but 99%  couldnt  give a flying  fart, only last  night  a  local  food  seller   going down the road tossed  his BIRDY  coffee  can into the hedge right next to me and this IS the norm for rural  Thailand then the same again with a local bus driver, out the window it  went, repeated by the kid hanging out of the windows throwing their <deleted>  out, also they will  eat anything and strip it bare taking the smallest fish smallest frog bird , you name it...gone

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Emdog said:

"Doing your best" is a huge escape clause for failing to do what is needed. Similar to "I'll try".

"Do. Or do not. There is no try" per Yoda

I don't want mechanic to "do his best" to repair my car. I want my car repaired properly, full stop

Its  like when any report says theres  been an improvement, just twaddle  talk, improved by 00000000000000000000000000000.1%, ah  yes but its an improvement!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Master plan eh .. great stuff , everyone needs a M P .. but I'm confused is a master plan different to a cunning plan ..

they all need to have a mass debate, i have heard them called  mass debaters