Way Out There Idea to Revitalize Pattaya from the Ashes

Jingthing

Some have some great ideas An international creative arts zone for Pattaya... That includes both local and foreign Artist.. all types of Artist Music, Tattoo (there’s some amazing local talent)... , Food..etc.

Something for for everyone to enjoy...

Now some of you get with whatever Thai govt agency or ? And feed the idea to them... It’s can be a short and long term fix.. 

On 10/1/2020 at 4:15 PM, Jingthing said:

Also, let's be honest about this.

Face it JT, Pattaya has existed for decades selling decadence, I can't ever see that changing however much they tout it as a world class family resort!

decadence
/ˈdɛkəd(ə)ns/

noun

1. moral or cultural decline as characterized by excessive indulgence in pleasure. 
    "he denounced Western decadence"
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

Now some of you get with whatever Thai govt agency or ? And feed the idea to them... It’s can be a short and long term fix.. 

Have they ever listened to ideas from farang??? That's why it's still the messed up pit that so many love!

On 10/1/2020 at 9:15 AM, Jingthing said:

Also, let's be honest about this. As a generality, the world has not been sending Pattaya it's best people. Thais certainly are well aware of that. Tell a Thai in Chiang Mai that you live in Pattaya, and observe the facial expression.

Shifting to creatives and artists and the people that would be attracted to a city where such a scene is thriving, that could represent a complete turnaround. 

Also such a potentially transformed city would also of course attract many of the most talented Thai people to live here too. Really give sinking into the sea Bangkok a run for their money.

you can,t polish a turd.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/1/2020 at 9:15 AM, Jingthing said:

Also, let's be honest about this. As a generality, the world has not been sending Pattaya it's best people. Thais certainly are well aware of that. Tell a Thai in Chiang Mai that you live in Pattaya, and observe the facial expression.

Shifting to creatives and artists and the people that would be attracted to a city where such a scene is thriving, that could represent a complete turnaround. 

Also such a potentially transformed city would also of course attract many of the most talented Thai people to live here too. Really give sinking into the sea Bangkok a run for their money.

so basically you feel that the social class of the punters who turned pattaya from a village to the city it is today are now not we!come? could the decline in tourism pre covid not have been due to the attitudes,the scams,and the prices that killed the golden goose? ,and as for your point about copping the expression on a resident of chang mai,s boat when they learn you live in pattaya,can only tell you its also true that if you meet a thai girl in london the experience is the same if you tell them you visit pattaya merely for a holiday.unfortunately the flip side of this is theres a national misconception in england,and its normally females who are more vociferous in the view that any female from thailand is a prostitute,sad but true unfortunately.

• Like 1

Believe something like this was always on the cards when cha-cha came to the fore, JT. It is no secret that the currently in charge powers that be (and elitist and/or associated staid folk) had that sort of plan for Pattaya, and of course Thai-wide, completely shunning/changing a swathe of the populace. It's all about face, of course, but to transform Pats from a mongerers' den to some sort of faux artsy paradise, then saying look at us everything is awesome, sounds about right.

3 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Have they ever listened to ideas from farang??? That's why it's still the messed up pit that so many love!

At least everyone seems to like Farang music in Pattaya Beach. So that's a good idea to commercialize it. 

• Haha 1

They seemed to take Bill Gate's comment about burying cables to heart!

I have a group of friends that gather on Soi Buakhow every Saturday to watch the people milling about. I can honestly say I can't imagine seeing even ONE person who would enjoy an art gallery.

It's a noble idea, but far too highbrow for Pattaya.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, J Town said:

I have a group of friends that gather on Soi Buakhow every Saturday to watch the people milling about. I can honestly say I can't imagine seeing even ONE person who would enjoy an art gallery.

It's a noble idea, but far too highbrow for Pattaya.

In 2nd Road all kinds of people enjoy arts. They even have museums and art galleries there. 

Pattaya is far more than Coconut Bar. 

Go to Soi LK Metro eg. It's full of music. The kind of music Farangs do like. Even Soi Buakhow is. 

There's a reason why they call Pattaya the most British town in Thailand. 

Edited by micmichd

16 minutes ago, micmichd said:

How come I was never robbed by a ladyboy? I know quite a few, and none of them even tried. 

Did I mention ladyboys in my post? oh well, You must be a hamsom man! Maybe they did'nt need to rob you, maybe you paid upfront! :thumbsup:

Edited by PatOngo

Did I mention ladyboys in my post? oh well, You must be a hamsom man! Maybe they did'nt need to rob you, maybe you paid upfront! :thumbsup:

Yes and yes and yes. I bought them a teddybear for 100 baht sometimes, and they showed me a cheap hotel where I saved 300 baht. They never even tried to touch me because they all knew I had a permanent girlfriend. 

They work as dancers and entertainers, they're everywhere. World famous Alcatraz cabaret is full of them. They even had dancing shows on beach road. 

https://www.graffitistreet.com/pattaya-arts-festival-brings-street-art-to-the-beach-thailand-2017/

Edited by micmichd

8 hours ago, PatOngo said:

I'm quite sure they listened to Farangs like Jimmy Page who has a house and a charity home for children in Pattaya. 

44 minutes ago, micmichd said:

Yes and yes and yes. I bought them a teddybear for 100 baht sometimes, and they showed me a cheap hotel where I saved 300 baht. They never even tried to touch me because they all knew I had a permanent girlfriend. 

They work as dancers and entertainers, they're everywhere. World famous Alcatraz cabaret is full of them. They even had dancing shows on beach road. 

https://www.graffitistreet.com/pattaya-arts-festival-brings-street-art-to-the-beach-thailand-2017/

I am well aware of how things work in Pattaya.

34 minutes ago, micmichd said:

I'm quite sure they listened to Farangs like Jimmy Page who has a house and a charity home for children in Pattaya. 

Fair play to Jimmy Page, I knew he was a visitor to Pattaya. Charities will always listen to generous donators, but they are not the authorities, the govt is too proud to listen to foreigners and would lose face by doing so!

On 10/1/2020 at 9:33 PM, champers said:

There is a Van Gogh exibition now at River City in Bangkok.

I would like to see an arts and cultural quarter in the Pattaya area and it could be profitable in the right place and run by the right people.

Arts don't have to be highbrow and inaccessible to the masses. Pattaya can be all things to all people.

At the moment I would just be glad of a good library.

haha Pattaya has a Van Gag exhibit every night on walking street!  Beat that!

Never have I been in a town with more artists. Thousands of femele artists that have perfected the art of making elderly Farangs believe that "they are sexy men" and "I love you too much". The finest art I can think of. Never mind Picasso, Rubens etc etc.

And if that's not enough art, think of all the Thai/Farang con-artists residing in Pattaya.!

The only problem concerning the female artists of Pattaya is, that they have priced themselves out of the international art-market.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2020 at 3:33 AM, champers said:

There is a Van Gogh exibition now at River City in Bangkok.

I would like to see an arts and cultural quarter in the Pattaya area and it could be profitable in the right place and run by the right people.

Arts don't have to be highbrow and inaccessible to the masses. Pattaya can be all things to all people.

At the moment I would just be glad of a good library.

There will be an arts and cultural quarter in the Pattaya area about the same time as they open some parks for people that aren't half way up the hill. They used to have a nice one at Bali Hi and then built a stupid concrete car park on it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There will be an arts and cultural quarter in the Pattaya area about the same time as they open some parks for people that aren't half way up the hill. They used to have a nice one at Bali Hi and then built a stupid concrete car park on it.

They still have "Arts in Paradise" and other museums, even one about Patricia Highsmith's Ripley. Many off Sukhumvit, and all kinds of cabarets. 

15 hours ago, swissie said:

Never have I been in a town with more artists. Thousands of femele artists that have perfected the art of making elderly Farangs believe that "they are sexy men" and "I love you too much". The finest art I can think of. Never mind Picasso, Rubens etc etc.

And if that's not enough art, think of all the Thai/Farang con-artists residing in Pattaya.!

The only problem concerning the female artists of Pattaya is, that they have priced themselves out of the international art-market.

You mean you can't afford the ladies you're after anymore? 

On 10/3/2020 at 6:48 PM, swissie said:

There are some great actresses here.  Many could make it in Hollywood.  It takes a lot of skill to be able to cry on demand.  ????