Prayut takes delivery of bogeys for new MRT lines

webfact

Prayut takes delivery of bogeys for new MRT lines

By THE NATION

800_f9c0c75fad666a9.jpg?v=1601533580

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha took delivery of the bogeys for the new MRT Yellow and Pink lines in a ceremony at Chonburi’s Laem Chabang port on Thursday.

The ceremony was also attended by executives from the Transport Ministry as well as representatives of the Northern Bangkok Monorail and Eastern Bangkok Monorail.

Prayut said the new lines will offer commuters more choices, and since they run on electricity, they will not add to the Bangkok pollution.

The Yellow Line will run from Lat Phrao junction to Samut Prakan’s Samrong area, and the Pink Line will run from Nonthaburi’s Khae Rai area to Minburi in Bangkok. The lines are expected to go into operation by 2022.

The 34.5-kilometre long Yellow Line will have 30 stations, while the 30.4km long Pink Line will have 23 stations.

In 2017, the Mass Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand signed a joint venture with the Northern Bangkok Monorail for the Pink Line and with Eastern Bangkok Monorail for the Yellow Line.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30395443

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-10-01

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Enoon said:

"Police investigating theft of bogies" should be the headline.

A bogie:

Railway Bogie - Buy Railway Bogie Product on Alibaba.com

Other news: "Bangkok Gold Line discovered to be not a Monorail".

This article triggers memories of travelling around India, where they also refer to the complete unit as a bogey or bogie. When I was getting my seat reservations, the ticket would refer to seat 'Number XX in bogey Number X'.

And as the Indian railways were largely a British enterprise where do you suppose the terminology came from? Such are the vagaries of the English language.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Grumpy one said:

Please get your facts right before you publish.

Bogies roll on tracks ( notice I use the plural " tracks " )  ????:wai:

A Mono rail has but one centre rail

Even an alcohol shrunk brain like mine can figure this out.

If in doubt watch the Simpsons episode where Homer becomes the mono rail train driver  ????

And get your facts right oh @Grumpy one, monorails can and often do have bogies:

like conventional railways, vehicle bodies can be connected to the beam via bogies, allowing curves to be negotiated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monorail

• Like 2

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

Excellent work from the PM Gen Khun Prayut Chan O Cha.

New trains, new electric buses, roads, bridges, rail construction, obviously his priority is jobs jobs and more jobs to get Thailand back up and running.

prayut2.PNG.8a2cb2d3bc3231a3977084c3ed871321.PNG

Freedom and justice cannot be puchased with such objects.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

Excellent work from the PM Gen Khun Prayut Chan O Cha.

New trains, new electric buses, roads, bridges, rail construction, obviously his priority is jobs jobs and more jobs to get Thailand back up and running.

prayut2.PNG.8a2cb2d3bc3231a3977084c3ed871321.PNG

I read a article yesterday that the cost of the new rail to the North had gone up by Bht10 Billion

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

This article triggers memories of travelling around India, where they also refer to the complete unit as a bogey or bogie. When I was getting my seat reservations, the ticket would refer to seat 'Number XX in bogey Number X'.

And as the Indian railways were largely a British enterprise where do you suppose the terminology came from? Such are the vagaries of the English language.

Correct M L .. India refers to bogie or bogey as the complete carriage rather than just the wheel assemblies .. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Jobs for who Migrant workers who send most of the money home to there home countries Steven. Tell me where in these jobs you so proudly boast of are Thai's involved?

I think his post was sarcastic, and that was exactly his point. Sure would be nice to fill these fancy new trains with Thais on their way to work. Instead, much of my wife's extended family is still out of work or on reduced hours, while for some reason, they keep catching minibuses full of illegal migrant workers, on their way to BKK jobs lined up for them.

On 10/2/2020 at 11:29 AM, KhunKenAP said:

These are all second hand from China. Will be a maintenance nightmare.

Nonsense. Why do you post such rubbish, Are you bored or something?

BSR selected Bombardier INNOVIA Monorail 300 rolling stock for the MRT Yellow line.[17] The BSR has announced that they will purchase 28, 4 car sets to operate the MRT Yellow line.[18] These trains will be manufactured at CRRC Puzhen Bombardier Transportation factory in Wuhu, Anhui, China. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Line_(Bangkok)

• Like 1