EU launches legal case against UK over Internal Market Bill

snoop1130

25 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

You condone law breaking then providing it’s us breaking the law ? If the EU did it how loudly would you be wailing now ? ????

On this occasion I totally do condone it, the EU have not negotiated in good faith, but nothing we say to you will ever change your mind or the way you address other members, we have known each far too long now havn't we????.

Many countries have broken international law, just lately Germany, but the EU were quite happy to pass on that one, lets have some balance here and at least some consistancy, they are just showing what a big load of bullies they really are. Britain must suffer by any means, 4 years of this nonsense is enough for anyone. Here is an article from the Spectator.

In practice that would mean modifying the Diplock line to say, as Germany does, the UK will uphold international law in principle, but break international law if it conflicts fundamentally with our constitution.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/why-didn-t-the-eu-punish-germany-when-it-broke-international-law-

Edited by vogie
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Aye I did see that he's struggling financially due to all the child maintenance payments he has to make. Maybe he should start a GoFundMe appeal and all you Brexiteers could chip in a few quid for him.

Yeah probably a Conservative government would try to protect him but a Labour one if they win the next election? Or even a hung parliament?

Anyway having an "arrest on sight" order hanging over you will not be a comfortable place to be. Would mean all his future holidays would be in Clacton. With no money. 

Shame really.

Yes, issuing " arrest on sight orders" against the British prime Minister really would underline the  true spirit of the EU's approach to negotiations! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Yes, issuing " arrest on sight orders" against the British prime Minister really would underline the  true spirit of the EU's approach to negotiations! 

So the UK Prime Minister is above the law?

Excuse me. I'm off to rob a bank but I'm going to do it in a limited way because it's only one bank not all of them ????

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, vogie said:

Probably has something to do with the corona virus epidemic rather than Sir Keir Starmers charisma.???????? Four more years to go yet rookie, don't start doing your cartwheels just yet, you may get tired.

Highly unlikely I will qualify to vote in whats left of the UK's general election.

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

The Euros are running around like headless chickens on the other thread. It's as if they think another example of EU saber rattling is important and the UK would be impressed by it or the threat of ECJ. It's only the first step in a long drawn out process that will get them nowhere.

It  may and probably will be a drawn out process. But as it goes through that process it remains an apparent legally accepted challenge capable of  contaminating  more any viable negotiations.

If  Boris is  taking  the stance that a no deal is the ultimate end game then  why not  declare so and  get the game score  finalized?

• Like 2