EU launches legal case against UK over Internal Market Bill

snoop1130

1 hour ago, vogie said:

It would appear that the whole barrel of apples is rotten.

On the word of one person?

A person who is trying everything possible to hang onto her £82K p.a. job!

BTW, in none of the reports of this claim does Ferrier name a single one of the "SNP chiefs" who "forced" her to make the statement.

Any idea why that is? Apart from the obvious reason, of course.

Edited by 7by7
Addendum
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

I thought you said no-one should be sacked.

Yes, I don't think it's a sacking offence.
She does, SNP does, Leftists did, Remainers did, so she has to sack herself. She isn't doing though is she? Hypocrisy. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

They have; the SNP have sacked her from the party.

They cannot sack her from Parliament; but they have repeatedly called upon her to resign.

This has been explained to you numerous times. Yet you still choose to not understand.

You obviously think you are making some sort of point. You're right; you are. But not the one you think!

The point is that she is still there and hasn't been sacked or resigned. She called for Cummings to be sacked but she now clings on with her grubby SNP Leftist Remainer fingers. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

As every one in the SNP from Sturgeon, through Blackford to Ferrier's constituency party have condemned Ferrier and called upon her to resign; how you can accuse the SNP of hypocrisy is beyond any rational explanation!

The same for your remarks about so called 'Leftist politicians' and Remainers.

Ferrier has been roundly condemned from all sides of the political spectrum, by both Brexiteers and Remainers.

I challenge you to find and present evidence of just one person who supports her refusal to resign.

Actually I know of one: Margaret Ferrier: Downing St refuses to say shamed MP should resign

Hardly surprising, though; considering the Prime Minister's support of and refusal to sack Cummings when he did the same thing.

That's the difference between the SNP Leftist and Remainer hypocrites who howled for Cummings sacking, while Downing Street didn't.

Downing Street keeps the same position even for an opposition MP. That MP was happy to join the mob calling for Cummings sacking, but will not resign herself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Loiner said:

The point is that she is still there and hasn't been sacked or resigned. She called for Cummings to be sacked but she now clings on with her grubby SNP Leftist Remainer fingers. 

The party cannot sack her. Parliament cannot sack her.

Under the Recall of MPs Act 2015, she can be recalled by her constituents and a by election called; providing one of the following criteria is met:

• A custodial prison sentence of a year or less (longer sentences automatically disqualify MPs without need for a petition due to the Representation of the People Act 1981)
  • Suspension from the House of at least 10 sitting days or 14 calendar days, following a report by the Committee on Standards;
  • A conviction for providing false or misleading expenses claims.

Obviously, in this case it is the second which applies; and that procedure has already commenced.

However, I firmly believe, and have repeatedly said, that she should resign. I agree; her not doing so whilst previously calling upon Cummings to so do is hypocritical.

Your "grubby SNP Remainer fingers" remark is, of course, your real point. You simply cannot resist a perceived opportunity to to belittle the SNP, anyone to the left of your avatar hero and Remainers; even one as pathetically tenuous as this!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Loiner said:

That's the difference between the SNP Leftist and Remainer hypocrites who howled for Cummings sacking, while Downing Street didn't.

Downing Street keeps the same position even for an opposition MP. That MP was happy to join the mob calling for Cummings sacking, but will not resign herself.

So, because Downing Street have refused to say she should resign, you have now changed you position and agree with them?

Or are you saying that Downing Street are wrong and should call on her to resign. In which case you must also agree that they were wrong over Cummings and he should have either resigned or been sacked!

BTW; easy to sack an advisor.

Either both should lose their jobs, or neither. I believe they both should; how about you?

I suspect that your rightist, Brexiteer beliefs mean you will support one but not t'other!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

You are getting your singulars and plurals all mixed up. 1 person resolutely refusing to listen to criticism (Ferrier) = singular; lots of people criticising her (SNP and non SNP supporters) = plural. There is only 1 (former) SNP leftist remainer hypocrite.

Sorry that your hero hemmed himself in when he backed Cummings but that doesn't convey upon him honour; it just makes her as bad as him.

No mix up, SNP Leftists and Remainers are all hypocrites. 

Boris didn't sack Cummings and didn't call for Ferrier's anything.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

So, because Downing Street have refused to say she should resign, you have now changed you position and agree with them?

Or are you saying that Downing Street are wrong and should call on her to resign. In which case you must also agree that they were wrong over Cummings and he should have either resigned or been sacked!

BTW; easy to sack an advisor.

Either both should lose their jobs, or neither. I believe they both should; how about you?

I suspect that your rightist, Brexiteer beliefs mean you will support one but not t'other!

My position has always been that she should be subject to the same calls she and her SNP Leftist Remainer mob called for Cummings. That she hasn't makes her yet another SNP Leftist Remainer hypocrite. 

32 minutes ago, Loiner said:

My position has always been that she should be subject to the same calls she and her SNP Leftist Remainer mob called for Cummings. That she hasn't makes her yet another SNP Leftist Remainer hypocrite. 

So she should be sacked, or resign because she broke the Covid 19 rules? Totally agree.

Cummings also broke the rules in effect at the time. So you must agree that he should have resigned or been sacked. To do otherwise makes you the hypocrite!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Cummings isn't an MP and was thwarting a coup

What coup? Something you read about on QAnon? 

How did Cummings breaking lockdown thwart this imagined coup? Was he not 'testing his eyesight' but actually on some secret mission on behalf of David Icke?

But you are correct in one bit; Cummings is not an MP. He is an advisor to the PM. As such he can be sacked; just as he did to one of Javid's advisors without even telling, let alone consulting, Javid first.

29 minutes ago, evadgib said:

but enough of that; Here's the business sec:

Are you ready for our new relationship with the EU?

I refer you to @RuamRudy's post above.

In addition; if it is all going as well and smoothly as Brexiteers would have us believe; why does you link begin with the words "An urgent message from the Business Secretary?"

Shouldn't businesses have all this info by now? Except, of course, as Boris' "oven ready deal" was a fantasy fed to the electorate last December, as Boris has said he's going to renege on his own, much trumpeted as a triumph of his, withdrawal agreement, it is obvious that no one in the government has a clue about what will actually happen; so how can they advise businesses?

• Like 1