Help please dont have the English term

robblok

I moved from one home to an other, all is nice but i feel i dont have enough light on my desk. Truth be told in my old home that i owned i had loads of lamps above my desk. However in this new house (rented) the ceiling is quite high say 3 meters maybe more. Also we have to pay if we make holes in the ceiling. (i get it needs to be repaired). But we are allowed a certain number of holes in the wall.

Now i thought about putting one of those elongated lamps (we call them TL balk in Dutch). I am looking at lazada for something. Basicall i want a lot of extra light shining from above. Does anyone have any idea's one of my weak points is home improvement. I do have the drills and stuff and i could mount it but the simpler the better.

Something like those fluorescent tubes but then in led. 

13 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

You could get a standing lamp. Put it next to your desk. Saves any drilling holes or running power cables. 

This is what I am talking about.

image.jpeg.f7e47f5f207b724dc7684109cee1b39c.jpeg

Yea i looked at some nice ones at ikea I found a 30w one and I am really consider buying it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

I would also recommend a standing lamp... you could make your own by running a cord through one of your barbell sets... 

Yes I think standing lamp is the way to go, as for using my barbell sets they are still at my old home. There is a big gym near the new one. Also barbells are not hollow ????

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Dyson. The cheerleader for Brexit who promptly moved to Singapore the moment the result was announced. That man will never see another penny of my money. His vacuum cleaners are rubbish as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Dyson. The cheerleader for Brexit who promptly moved to Singapore the moment the result was announced. That man will never see another penny of my money. His vacuum cleaners are rubbish as well.

Yah, the vaccum cleaners are absolute rubbish. That lamp is something else though. He also hit the jackpot with the hair dryer, women swear by it.

I certainly can't fault him for moving to Singapore, one of the best places to live in the world.

31 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Nice, but its the small one. I think ill go for a standing lamp. The thing is i like the details but my computer screens would cancel out the benefits I guess. (the sleeping benefits i mean)

Do you have any lights in the ceiling?tl bak is fluorescent light.

We have a 5 meter high ceiling and the lights are down nearly one meter from the ceiling.

I swapped the normal bulbs for led lights,it is like being in the sun.

And does not cost much at all.

20 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

Who would pay over £500 quid for a lamp, I just paid £674 quid for a washing machine and dryer from Home-Pro, not the best, but not the cheapest.

Granted, it looks like a lot. However, consider that the lamp should last for 60 years without the need for bulb changes and you’re effectively paying £7.50 and £10.83 a year respectively. Okay, so you have to pay the lump sum upfront, but this could well be a lamp that you never need to replace.

https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/dyson-lightcycle

And this perfectly emulates natural day light as the day goes by. Thus giving you warm yellow light in the evening and enabling you to relax. It has motion sensors that turn on and off as you approach or leave. 

This is not just a lamp. This is the invention of a new genre. The smartlamp with bio-rythmic emulation. It will make you live longer, or at the very least enable you to retain your eye-sight for longer by reducing eye-strain.

2 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Granted, it looks like a lot. However, consider that the lamp should last for 60 years without the need for bulb changes and you’re effectively paying £7.50 and £10.83 a year respectively. Okay, so you have to pay the lump sum upfront, but this could well be a lamp that you never need to replace.

https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/dyson-lightcycle

And this perfectly emulates natural day light as the day goes by. Thus giving you warm yellow light in the evening and enabling you to relax. It has motion sensors that turn on and off as you approach or leave. 

This is not just a lamp. This is the invention of a new genre. The smartlamp with bio-rythmic emulation. It will make you live longer, or at the very least enable you to retain your eye-sight for longer by reducing eye-strain.

A lightbulb costs about a pound. Even if you have to replace it every two months (unlikely)  you would still save money.

As for health benefits? Not convinced mate. 

31 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Granted, it looks like a lot. However, consider that the lamp should last for 60 years without the need for bulb changes and you’re effectively paying £7.50 and £10.83 a year respectively.

I wonder why they just give 5 years warranty... If what they claim were true giving at least a 20 year warranty shouldn't be a problem.

2 hours ago, kenk24 said:

I would also recommend a standing lamp... you could make your own by running a cord through one of your barbell sets... 

Alternatively a desk lamp - - search for Anglepoise - you don't need the Anglepoise brand which are expensive, just their style.

Good for focussing on small print or items but do take up some desk space.

For a very bright light I would suggest a 'halogen' uplight lamp - they can be very bright, they shine up to the ceiling and it bounces back down illuminating everything. It's not the kind of bulb you want to look at directly, trust me on that!

The halogen tube bulb is what makes them so bright, I seem to remember you could get them in 200 watt versions - they get very hot.

I used to use them all the time back in Europe long ago but I haven't seen anything like them on general sale here in Thailand.

When I did go looking they didn't have a clue what I was talking about which is nothing new ????

• Like 1