Help please dont have the English term

2 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Granted, it looks like a lot. However, consider that the lamp should last for 60 years without the need for bulb changes and you’re effectively paying £7.50 and £10.83 a year respectively. Okay, so you have to pay the lump sum upfront, but this could well be a lamp that you never need to replace.

https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/dyson-lightcycle

And this perfectly emulates natural day light as the day goes by. Thus giving you warm yellow light in the evening and enabling you to relax. It has motion sensors that turn on and off as you approach or leave. 

This is not just a lamp. This is the invention of a new genre. The smartlamp with bio-rythmic emulation. It will make you live longer, or at the very least enable you to retain your eye-sight for longer by reducing eye-strain.

A lightbulb costs about a pound. Even if you have to replace it every two months (unlikely)  you would still save money.

As for health benefits? Not convinced mate. 

31 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Granted, it looks like a lot. However, consider that the lamp should last for 60 years without the need for bulb changes and you’re effectively paying £7.50 and £10.83 a year respectively.

I wonder why they just give 5 years warranty... If what they claim were true giving at least a 20 year warranty shouldn't be a problem.

2 hours ago, kenk24 said:

I would also recommend a standing lamp... you could make your own by running a cord through one of your barbell sets... 

Alternatively a desk lamp - - search for Anglepoise - you don't need the Anglepoise brand which are expensive, just their style.

Good for focussing on small print or items but do take up some desk space.

For a very bright light I would suggest a 'halogen' uplight lamp - they can be very bright, they shine up to the ceiling and it bounces back down illuminating everything. It's not the kind of bulb you want to look at directly, trust me on that!

The halogen tube bulb is what makes them so bright, I seem to remember you could get them in 200 watt versions - they get very hot.

I used to use them all the time back in Europe long ago but I haven't seen anything like them on general sale here in Thailand.

When I did go looking they didn't have a clue what I was talking about which is nothing new 🙄

• Like 1