Asteroid due on November 2nd

DaveCW

There is a 0.41% chance of this thing hitting the earth. So I guess many who think the risk of dying from Covid19 where there is a slightly higher risk, which is so enormous to them, resulting in shivers of cold sweat down their backs, will be rushing out to augment their existing PPE (facemask) with a steel helmet. lol - Try not to worry, Im sure all will be fine ????

• Like 1

Not a day goes by without US Google News Science section posting about this type of event. Seems it is a stock item. As is the UFO brigade that are appearing to get more and more stories included in such venerable publications as The Sun and Daily Express. And in all these cases what could possibly be the motive? Fear-mongering box must be ticket with every edition?

But then again, might just be the looming tourist invasion that is starting to register a blip on the radar. 

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

The day before the US election...  I know where I'd like it to land. 

Would be even better if it broke in 2 and landed on both of them.

I If you are referring to the two individuals deemed to be the most suitable to lead the Greatest Nation on Earth, having watched the debate, I think they have already been struck by something or other. Numerous times, it would seem.

54 minutes ago, jackdd said:

https://twitter.com/AsteroidWatch

Scaremongering and not Thailand related?

Sorry you missed my attempt of humour relating to those who perceive the enormity of the risk (0.50%) of dying from C19, opposed to the earth being hit by said asteroid (0.41%). I thought the "lol" and the emoji may have been the clue - That all said, for the emotionally challenged wrecks. "I unreservedly apologise to all those who are now cowering under their beds (or have manifested other symptoms) due to this post. I can confirm and acknowledge it was not intended to cause widespread fear due to "Scaremongering"" - I will of course try harder in the future and be more mindful of those "at risk". 

Also, is this General section only related to General Thailand posts? If so I'm hopeful a mod will be along soon and redirect it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaveCW said:

Sorry you missed my attempt of humour relating to those who perceive the enormity of the risk (0.50%) of dying from C19, opposed to the earth being hit by said asteroid (0.41%). I thought the "lol" and the emoji may have been the clue - That all said, for the emotionally challenged wrecks. "I unreservedly apologise to all those who are now cowering under their beds (or have manifested other symptoms) due to this post. I can confirm and acknowledge it was not intended to cause widespread fear due to "Scaremongering"" - I will of course try harder in the future and be more mindful of those "at risk". 

Also, is this General section only related to General Thailand posts? If so I'm hopeful a mod will be along soon and redirect it.

Sometimes I get the idea that there are members on this forum who get rid of their frustrations by venting at, or, criticising posters,maybe I am wrong. If so, I apologize. 

If this is so, it could perhaps lead to a situation where posters will become fearful of attracting negative feedback and not feel free to post. 

So, I suggest that a little more thought be given to what we post when replying to a topic.

Differing opinions can lead to a healthy debate. And nothing wrong with that, but , would it not be better if we reflect on whether we are contributing something positive  to the conversation? If not, why not just keep it to yourself.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, DaveCW said:

There is a 0.41% chance of this thing hitting the earth. So I guess many who think the risk of dying from Covid19 where there is a slightly higher risk

According to the CDC the Asteroid is much more likely????

1586507033_Screenshot2020-09-28162322.png.6de9319f6eebd6e815fa069017f6eac1.png

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/planning-scenarios.html

Edited by patman30
  • Thanks 2