Internet only SIM

stament

My son needs an internet only SIM for his phone, no need for minutes. I know we can get one prepaid pay as you go or with a fixed monthly rate but I also heard you can buy data only SIMS on Lazada.

I wondered which data only SIMS are the best deals out there, does anyone know? 

Thanks again.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, stament said:

Are you able to keep your number with these SIM purchase deals I wonder....

No, its a new number. Most (if not all) newish phones are dual sim, so you can keep your old number as well. This is what I've done.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, stament said:

Are you able to keep your number with these SIM purchase deals I wonder....

Yes, you can; though usually you have to port your number to the new SIM. So it has to be a different network. Though at one point True were allowing you to simply get a new SIM with the same number. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, trevor67 said:

Can you have a simcard from 2 different companies in your phone. My reg # is AIS....could I put a DTAC card in my second slot for internet...would it work?

Thanks.

Yes. Though check if both SIM slots are 4G capable.

• Thanks 1

The new MNP system requires only one day to activate. The customer dials  *151* plus their ID card or passport number. A code is sent and confirms the request was received. Then you take the received details to the new provider and they will do the rest.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ReLo said:

hello, does anybody know the current promotions for unlimited internet ? anything around 200 thb 4mbps ?

You aren't laughing now are you?

All still have promotions but they are more expensive now. 350 baht for 10 Mbps unlimited is usual.

But if you want for 200 baht: http://www.penguinsim.com/sudsoi/promotion-newnumber.html

13 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

I see Truemove is more expensive, has better coverage?

I want to confirm, if I buy one of this data plans, is unlimited internet without restrictions? I mean, the speed will not be slower when you reach some certain amount of GBs. Is good enough for Netflix?

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

You aren't laughing now are you?

All still have promotions but they are more expensive now. 350 baht for 10 Mbps unlimited is usual.

But if you want for 200 baht: http://www.penguinsim.com/sudsoi/promotion-newnumber.html

do you know why/when True changed their top up requirements, have a pay as you go card and used to top up 20 baht it gave me expire date 3 months later, now the same 20 baht expire 1 month later. I have more than 250 baht on my card because only use minimal service, if I don't top up they will stop service even having 250 baht on balance, what would be the best way to convert that 250 baht into expanding the validity date of the service

Just now, Mavideol said:

do you know why/when True changed their top up requirements, have a pay as you go card and used to top up 20 baht it gave me expire date 3 months later, now the same 20 baht expire 1 month later. I have more than 250 baht on my card because only use minimal service, if I don't top up they will stop service even having 250 baht on balance, what would be the best way to convert that 250 baht into expanding the validity date of the service

It was never three months. It was one month. Before that it was one year.

Just apply: b7Nqorlxy.jpg

No need to top up again.

You have enough credit for nearly ten years.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, jonga80 said:

I see Truemove is more expensive, has better coverage?

I want to confirm, if I buy one of this data plans, is unlimited internet without restrictions? I mean, the speed will not be slower when you reach some certain amount of GBs. Is good enough for Netflix?

Thank you.

Have no idea.

Yes.

Yes.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

It was never three months. It was one month. Before that it was one year.

Just apply: b7Nqorlxy.jpg

No need to top up again.

You have enough credit for nearly ten years.

thanks, appreciate, so just have to dial in or have to go to a shop

Just now, Eindhoven said:

If it's a Tourist SIM, you can only extend up to 90 days in advance.

no tourists SIM.... it's a 6 years old number that I bought at 7eleven at that time for 50 baht with the obligation of top up 20 baht minimum to keep it going for 3 months at the time, have been top up 60 or 80 baht at time and always gave me 90 days for each 20 baht (i could be wrong and was only 1 month but because I top up 60 or 80 it gave me the 3 months) the problem is that last time I charged 120 baht and didn't spend it, now have the balance sitting there and every month I receive a SMS telling me if not charging the service will stop.... is it *934* duration # and phone number correct, it still says error invalid MMI code maybe it's not the 934, I remember back in 2014 it was 9344 but I am lost here

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

no tourists SIM.... it's a 6 years old number that I bought at 7eleven at that time for 50 baht with the obligation of top up 20 baht minimum to keep it going for 3 months at the time, have been top up 60 or 80 baht at time and always gave me 90 days for each 20 baht (i could be wrong and was only 1 month but because I top up 60 or 80 it gave me the 3 months) the problem is that last time I charged 120 baht and didn't spend it, now have the balance sitting there and every month I receive a SMS telling me if not charging the service will stop.... is it *934* duration # and phone number correct, it still says error invalid MMI code maybe it's not the 934, I remember back in 2014 it was 9344 but I am lost here

Phone number?? You mean the DIAL key.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

If you are still having problems, take your phone and the graphic I have supplied to a Truemove H shop and ask why it doesn't work for you; it should and likely does.

Edited by Eindhoven
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

Alternatively, just call customer service. They will apply the codes for you and deduct the credit. Whilst you are communicating, you can ask why the USSD codes aren't working for you.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

If you are still having problems, take your phone and the graphic I have supplied to a Truemove H shop and ask why it doesn't work for you; it should and likely does.

thanks a lot for all the information, finally got it working, follow your instructions and realized I was pushing the wrong key my mistake, I should have read your instructions in detail and not rush, but thought to be smarter and rushed and always using the incorrect key, thanks again and also thks for making me feel bad 555

5 hours ago, Mavideol said:

thanks a lot for all the information, finally got it working, follow your instructions and realized I was pushing the wrong key my mistake, I should have read your instructions in detail and not rush, but thought to be smarter and rushed and always using the incorrect key, thanks again and also thks for making me feel bad 555

I thought so; just tried to make it a gentle hint. ???? But good the problem is solved.

• Thanks 1