Council finds only 98 of 411 Sarasas teachers have valid licence, school claims it's a database malfunction

webfact

2 minutes ago, lust said:

Because only teachers without teaching certificates are psychopaths, right?  

You mean more so than liscenced drivers?.

You can argue semantics, but it would seem that the schools lack of screening and indifference to credentials has put students at risk.

Seeking a waiver is at least an acknowlegement of the system and shows a willingness to comply.

When i have been here , 3 school has ask me to come teacth English! Im from FINLAND!

I have work in construction bussines, i dont even know how type English any way good ! 

<deleted>! But i really know English teatching level here and even i can help little!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

When i have been here , 3 school has ask me to come teacth English!

Thanks god you didn't take up that job offer, though I'm sure many foreigners with the same proficiency of the English language as you, are employed as teachers English in Thailand

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lust said:

Umm, nope. Driving a car without a license endangers lives. Teaching without a teaching license won’t result in deaths.

also, it’s quite common for teaching licenses being waivered for YEARS and the teacher being permitted to teach. Try seeing if you can get a waiver for a drivers license. 

Teaching without a licence can kill when the teacher in question is a bullying thug who beats up helpless children

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

I'd go a bit further and say nearly all foreign teachers in Thailand start "illegal".

Consider this. When's the last time you saw a job posting that included: "Successful applicants upon being given a job offer, should expect to submit their documents and then await their work permit and visa. Once these are completed in about 4 months, they can plan their flight to Thailand". Haha. I'd say never. Rather, they say much the exact opposite, that applicants should already be in Thailand, and ready to start immediately. Just how do they do this given the system?

With what's "illegal" becoming the norm, the legal path having been made nearly impossible, the de jure guidelines have been superceded by de facto practice.

One can commence work once the work permit paperwork starts being processed by the school. It's always been that way and I haven't heard of one teacher being arrested for working in this manner in 20 years here.