First flight carrying Chinese tourists flying to Thailand on Oct 8

webfact

10 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

That's because Thailand only attracts bottom of the barrel Chinese. The wealthy, cultured Chinese - the ones Thailand likes to pretend it attracts - go elsewhere. I've often witnessed Chinese tourists at my hotel in Dubai over several years, and they are always polite and well-mannered.

Unfortunately. So the letting the Chinese business proxies in now under the guise as tourists will be a harsh kick in the end after they buy all the property up. Funny, but even in CM now you can go to the store or mall and even the middle to upper middle class Chinese person will walk around with their phone on a call talking so loud you can almost hear the person they are talking to on the other end. My take on it is these are mostly parents of students here, but they still think it is cool to pretend acting pretentious that they are someone of significant value when in fact they are not and actually detract from the surroundings. Not saying the USA doesn't have a few annoying bunch in the crowd, but the Chinese with their overzealous attitudes and over saturated numbers definitely kill the golden goose. Everything in modesty but apparently not with this government. 

25 minutes ago, Curmudgeonly59 said:

Quarantine in Buriram?

Yeah, that's weird. My assumption is that the Transport Minister was responsible for pushing that one through, since his family controls the province.

12 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

That's because Thailand only attracts bottom of the barrel Chinese. The wealthy, cultured Chinese - the ones Thailand likes to pretend it attracts - go elsewhere. I've often witnessed Chinese tourists at my hotel in Dubai over several years, and they are always polite and well-mannered.

Thailand gets plenty of educated, worldly, well-off Chinese, but they travel in different circles from the group tours of farmers and factory workers. Where I live in central Bangkok, I never see bus tours, but I see young, polite Chinese couples and small groups all the time, generally staying in 4-5 star hotels and shopping at malls and at places like Chatuchak Market. If you go to some other areas, though, you ONLY see group tours, and the individual travelers are nowhere to be found. 

I do notice that the independent tourists are almost all young. Perhaps Thailand is an affordable international destination for them, while you're seeing the older, wealthier ones in places like Dubai. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kotsak said:

No worries man, their numbers will be nowhere near the pre-covid numbers, you will hardly notice any difference.

There are 2 billion of them? Even an unmeasurable percentage of them arriving in LOS will be too many. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Unfortunately. So the letting the Chinese business proxies in now under the guise as tourists will be a harsh kick in the end after they buy all the property up. Funny, but even in CM now you can go to the store or mall and even the middle to upper middle class Chinese person will walk around with their phone on a call talking so loud you can almost hear the person they are talking to on the other end. My take on it is these are mostly parents of students here, but they still think it is cool to pretend acting pretentious that they are someone of significant value when in fact they are not and actually detract from the surroundings. Not saying the USA doesn't have a few annoying bunch in the crowd, but the Chinese with their overzealous attitudes and over saturated numbers definitely kill the golden goose. Everything in modesty but apparently not with this government. 

I like to walk next to them and shout a reply to them on MY phone, or at least what I think they are saying

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

It will be interesting to see IF they complete 14 days isolation ......!!!

THIS..I kinda like that the Chinese get first stab at this ...to totally screw it up so bad that thai big boys see who they are by themselves and then just come to the reality of better farang(most) behavior--then them just saying ah hell..just open the borders up and see what happens.......the irony of this is laughable   555

As some have noted they cant even stay in their own rooms in hotel before the covid happened..game on

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/1/2020 at 9:48 PM, khunjeff said:

I do notice that the independent tourists are almost all young. Perhaps Thailand is an affordable international destination for them, while you're seeing the older, wealthier ones in places like Dubai. 

Thailand to a young Chinese person is probably like Ibiza to a Brit.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/2/2020 at 5:31 PM, DaveCW said:

Since China now has outbreaks of Bubonic Plaque (the extend depends on what you believe from the CCP) will this mean they need tested for this also? Or is the next Pandemic waiting in the sidelines?

True, started in Mongolia. Fortunately they understand how to handle outbreaks and contact tracing.

Medical teams have been provided to Mongolia and the outbreak should be under control very quickly. Fortunately they do not need to wait for a vaccine this time.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MeePeeMai said:

Amazing how over a hundred of these "tourists" are all so free and easy that they can reschedule their multi-month "holidays" by weeks, and all at the last minute.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 10/2/2020 at 7:16 AM, kiwikeith said:

The Facts about this flight are. 

They are 130 Chinese businessmen

This number may be slightly higher or lower. 

They are executive's from CP group.

The director is Mr Dhanin{ first name just Google CP group} 

He is based in Bangkok and a billionaire. 

They arrive on Thai Airlines flight. 

They paid 173k Bht for the trip which includes Visa, quarantine, covid testing, insurance and 3 meals a day. 

The trip was arranged by a travel agency authorised by the govt. 

They will spend 90 days in Phuket. 

They are not regarded as normal tourists. 

I doubt they would be required to wear tracking bracelets. 

They are on a serous business trip, more than likely property. 

The govt is working with them. 

The STV is being used as a front to get the wholesale bargain basement buy up underway. 

Throwing in a few plane loads of wealthy Scandinavians to use their Condos and play on Jomtiem beach, makes it look good. 

Yes, would expect this is pretty right. Chinese businessmen scouting out cheap in-distress Hotels, Restaurants, Tours and Souvenir Shops to utilize with Chinese tour groups arriving on Chinese Airlines. Personally couldn't care less as don't live in a tourist area when in Thailand. Not hard to see which way the wind in blowing though, China is going to be the next superpower and certainly dominant here whether anyone likes it or not, deal with the reality.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rancid said:

Yes, would expect this is pretty right. Chinese businessmen scouting out cheap in-distress Hotels, Restaurants, Tours and Souvenir Shops to utilize with Chinese tour groups arriving on Chinese Airlines. Personally couldn't care less as don't live in a tourist area when in Thailand. Not hard to see which way the wind in blowing though, China is going to be the next superpower and certainly dominant here whether anyone likes it or not, deal with the reality.

exactly right the world suffers and rich chinese swoop in and buy real estate on the cheap. classic

On 10/2/2020 at 12:26 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

Yes I live in Western Australia we have many nationalities a lot of Chinese

Japanese, Thais, Koreans since I don't know who is a tourist or not I have

never seen or read in the news they behave badly.

On 10/2/2020 at 5:30 PM, daveAustin said:

I mean, unless there were MASSIVE amounts of cash involved, why would you even involve Chinese tourists on the first escapade?

Should be interesting as the tour groups cannot stay together-hence the leader and flag, or witness them in a group at a hotel--all doors open having a room hopping party..

This has been my exp as a group, Ive met and spent time with many single solo chinese cuties in Cm, that were very charming and educated..I am smitten ...but the tour groups of the new money crew..hoo boy

So im interested to see how they will behave, depending on who comes, and it also being lunar new year