Mystery as Brit man found dead in Thai forest next to handbag strap after ‘fearing someone was trying to kill him’

webfact

Just now, bodga said:
1 hour ago, LomSak27 said:

Classic case of suicide. Nothing to see.  ????

cant be suicide  hands  not cable  tied together behind  his  back

I thought the emoji was enough. Until it is conclusively proven he killed himself, I assume murder. I'm sorry if this upsets, angers or confuses some of our gentle readers, but I don't care.

21 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

What a sad pair you are! Mohamed Ali appeared in public many times during his life, despite his illness. Billy Connolly is still active and entertaining despite having been diagnosed in 2013.

With the right medication, one can live a fairly normal life for quite a long time with Parkinson's and remain active. I've known one person doing just that.

Yes Michael J Fox is a prime example of having Parkinson's and surviving in fact he has created a foundation that helps others.  However that is off topic.  Life gives us lemons and we make what we want out of our life's offerings.  You either accept and try o move forward, or you give in to the demons that haunt us.  Rest in Peace to the decedent. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

His body was found today in Nakhon Ratchasima, in the north of the country today and his girlfriend says he ran away from her when they stopped at a petrol station.

Very strange, but then again most sudden cases of death are.

• Like 1

She told officers she returned to the car to find he had disappeared and had torn one of the straps from her handbag.

First she told man run away! How she know that! Find first how man died! 

Normaly 1+1=2. Man whit parkinson+ money+ younger thai woman ( whitout job)+ maybe insurance from bank whit joint account= you can count. Maybe wrong count but HEY!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, robblok said:

Depends on the GF, not all are out to get you.

Again depends on the girls you select. Select young pretty ones half your age you have more chance that they like your money instead of yours.

I was in a relation with a Thai woman just a bit younger and married.. house car... and guess what i kept the house and car and paid her what she put into it.

Not everyone is out to get you if you make a good selection. If you just want a good looker then rent. Then at least you know its about money. 

I  then re married  her and took her to the cleaners, Thanks  Rob????

Just now, bunnydrops said:

I like that many that say he couldn't run away then say he climbed a tree,

He "had" mental illness, maybe he think hes Tarzan or that what woman soon going to say! Ok maybe all was bad happening and nothing criminal here , but should investicate!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bodga said:

I  then re married  her and took her to the cleaners, Thanks  Rob????

Actually she is still a good friend and now living with her new (younger) foreign BF in Vietnam. Its all about selecting the right people and breaking up amicable. If both parties dig their heels in the sand its going to get ugly. 

Of course she was no gold digger but a hard working girl never lazy. Can only say good things about her. Just broke up because she wanted kids and I did not (always told her that but she got to an age that it mattered)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marin said:

Not at all, it destroys your motor functions.   Parkinson's disease is a brain disorder that leads to shaking, stiffness, and difficulty with walking, balance, and coordination. Parkinson's symptoms usually begin gradually and get worse over time. As the disease progresses, people may have difficulty walking and talking.

(apologies in advance for getting nerdy)

PD neurodegeneration begins with dopaminergic neurons (neurons that release the monoamine neurotransmitter dopamine) in brain centers involved with motor functions but unfortunately doesn't end there.  Dopamine is released by neurons in other brain centers as well, especially reward centers. Its role in promoting a sense of well-being and elevated mood is well documented and there are anti-depressants (e.g. bupropion) on the market whose mechanism of action includes increasing dopamine levels in the reward circuits in the brain.  Why dopaminergic neurons? Dopamine is especially prone to auto-oxidation which in turn generates in toxic oxygen radicals that lead to death of dopamine-expressing neurons.  For some reason dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra (involved with movement) are affected first.  However dopaminergic neurons in other brain areas like those in the reward pathways slowly die off as well which can result in depression (as well as a spectrum of other CNS issues).  Nasty disease.

Edited by pseudorabies
clarity
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, pseudorabies said:

(apologies in advance for getting nerdy)

PD neurodegeneration begins with dopaminergic neurons (neurons that release the monoamine neurotransmitter dopamine) in brain centers involved with motor functions but unfortunately doesn't end there.  Dopamine is released by neurons in other brain centers as well, especially reward centers. Its role in promoting a sense of well-being and elevated mood is well documented and there are anti-depressants (e.g. bupropion) on the market whose mechanism of action includes increasing dopamine levels in the reward circuits in the brain.  Why dopaminergic neurons? Dopamine is especially prone to auto-oxidation which in turn generates in toxic oxygen radicals that lead to death of dopamine-expressing neurons.  For some reason dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra (involved with movement) are affected first.  However dopaminergic neurons in other brain areas like those in the reward pathways slowly die off as well which can result in depression (as well as a spectrum of other CNS issues).  Nasty disease.

You didn't mention the Substantia Nigra.

"Go to the bottom of the class young man" ????

Jokes aside, that was a good post. What's your experience with Neurology? 

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I think your guys are overestimating the problems of Parkinson.

This is not about overestimating, it is the usual bunch wanting to discredit Yinn.

When the negative emoji's get too obvious, then start an argument without any basis.

• Like 2

Four key elements to this story

- he already reported that someone had already threatened to kill him

- after stopping at a petrol station he for some unknown reason needed to flee

- some time later he was found dead

- How much money and assets did he have and who stands to gain from his death (motive)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robblok said:

I think your guys are overestimating the problems of Parkinson.

My dad has Parkinson he bikes 12000km a year (now he uses an electric bike but a few years ago a normal one). But even with the electric bike he does not engage the motor that much. Not everyone with parkinson is disabled. He did lose some of his strength ???? so we now take shorter snorkeling trips then before instead of a 3 hours now usually just 1 or 1 1/2. But he still can walk better and more then my mom who has no disease.

So it certainly possible to run away. (probably use the term not actual running)

I never said it was not possible. Not overestimating anything. My meaning with my post was that the woman seem to lay the disease as a foundation for her claims. I can not see why he would like to run away at a place like that, suddenly for any reason as they also had lived in UK before.

3 hours ago, polpott said:

I presume that you are aiming this at a particular TVF poster as it has absolutely no bearing on this thread.

Is the "Brit Man" in the title confusing you with a certain poster?

And as usual, you seem to have very much to contribute with. ????????????

4 hours ago, Yinn said:

63 year old.

girlfriend 42 year old

The English newspaper story “based on a true story”.

Is the writer in Thailand ? Or just translate thai story and make sound it the wife? 

The guy in the forest since 6 pm. The rescue guys find him 9.30 am next day.

IMO sound like he crazy guy (maybe yaba) 

paranoia. 

If wife kill him why she call rescue ream 40 people with drone help find him?

381ED473-D504-44D4-84EE-7A1724EDB2DC.jpeg

Hanged himself on what??

3 hours ago, Yinn said:

Read the sun link

Officers said they believe he may have climbed a tree and tried to hang himself.

https://www.thairath.co.th/news/local/northeast/1942931

RIP 

Robert Cook

Hang himself with what? A handbag strap? If so, from what did he die? He is on the ground, not asphyxiated in a tree. Did you look at the tree? No branch there would support his weight; he would find a different kind of tree.

Hey, I don't know, but I'm also not so quick to believe her story.

• Like 1