Trump campaign rejects changing debate rules after chaotic Cleveland encounter

webfact

Trump. Actualy even txt about that man is waste of "paper". Nobody going to remember him after January.  He's going to be only number 45 in history. Nothing else! Hes like this "artist" from Finland, he really think hes good but nobody don't want listen!

The rules do not have to be changed.  The broadcaster, however, is responsible for what goes out over the air, and thus has editorial discretion on their side.  Maybe DT will disband the FCC.

Let the orange guy rave on, "give him enough rope."  That thing about using the word "smart" seems to have hit a nerve.  Maybe he will crack right there on live TV. 

Joe, let the clock run out and meanwhile keep your mouth shut.

Edited by bendejo
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Emdog said:

Trump's goals did not include having a debate as the term is generally understood. Was reported he didn't prep for debate as would be expected by normal people entering a debate. Given his goals, he didn't need to.

His goal was to create chaos and general disgust with election system, lowering voter turnout.

He won the "debate" clearly if those were his goals.

Like a farang marrying a bar girl: he thinks it's for love and approaches it as that. She sees it as money opportunity.

Did anyone really expect Trump to behave and follow agreement? We've waited 4 yrs to act "presidential" & hasn't happened yet.

I agree with most of what your posting with the exception of voter turnouts he is igniting a deep fear of the destruction of our democracy folks are going to turn out big time we want to rid ourselves of this parasite and we will 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not going to comment on either of the two candidates or the moderator but I was a bit disappointed in the format I guess I'm a bit old fashioned but I think one Democrat asking questions of the Republican and one Republican ask questing of the Democrat and a separate moderator (or chairman) is better imho. I like to decide on the Party's policies rather than an individual's personal characteristics. Take just one example, Global warming (not Climate Change). I am at odds with Pres Trump...I think...on this and I would have like to have heard what he really accepts/denies while facing the cameras proper. All I remember is something about 'electric cars'. Hardly helpful. VP Biden was no help to me either because he mentioned using Trillion(s), I think, for so called 'green ideas' on combating the problem which he said would pay for itself in the end. But that's wrong too. Our technology is not yet at the point where this is likely and it's a matter of spending a lot and not expecting financial returns. There are sound scientific and engineering reasons why this is so (at present) and it would seem to me that VP Biden doesn't know. (sustainable Fusion technology is a good example and the problems involved belong to quantum physics)

• Like 1

Was it any surprise that Baby Trump went out of control ranting and raving with non-stop interruptions and breaking the rules? This first "debate" was just more proof of how mind-numbingly un-Presidential this clown is. If he doesn't like having his mic cut when others are speaking maybe he should grow up and learn what a debate is, but clearly that is beyond his abilities. So really what is the point of more debates when one side cannot behave as an adult? Oh dear Lord, let this era of Trump be over soon. America - VOTE HIM OUT! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

Take just one example, Global warming (not Climate Change). I am at odds with Pres Trump...I think...on this and I would have like to have heard what he really accepts/denies while facing the cameras proper.

In debate one thing coming really clear! Biden say he will join back Paris deal! Trump not support that, in Trump mind even the Kalifornia fires is fold of how you "clean" forrest! 

Any rule changes in the next debate may be irrelevant.

Hope Hicks was recently test positive with Covid 19 and has symptoms. She has recently been in close contact with Trump and many of his senior advisors. According to the government's covid 19 task force guidelines published by the CDC, all should self quarantee for 14 days. 

Thus far, Trump "people" have not been clear exactly how early exposure to Hicks has been, but it's possible that if Trump was infected prior to the last debatem Biden may also be at risk. 

It remains to be seen if Trump will continue with two rallies before the next planned debate. 

• Thanks 2