Trump campaign rejects changing debate rules after chaotic Cleveland encounter

webfact

3 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

In debate one thing coming really clear! Biden say he will join back Paris deal! Trump not support that, in Trump mind even the Kalifornia fires is fold of how you "clean" forrest! 

I am undecided  whether joining this or that organisation is useful. In the end it comes down to the individual countries to do what is required and they can do that on their own anyway. No international organisation has the ability (or even the right) to enforce any limits.

2 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Trump was just terrible As an undecided voter I realize now that Trump should not have more time in the oval office the duty of the president is to protect America and its citizens by calling on the white boys were the poor boys whatever the name is  Is a hate group and Trump once again just wants to divide and cause chaos Trump couldn’t even follow the rules that they agreed on jump will go down in history as the worst president

While I do not disagree with most of your post, finding it hard to believe you were 'undecided' prior to the debate. Not with the sort of commentary on offer above. Regardless, any vote not going to Trump, and more so, a vote for Biden, is welcome.

2 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

They are called Proud Boys. They are led by a Hispanic gentleman, Enrique Tarrio. So other than in Biden's head and some of the fake news media they are clearly not white supremacists. The Proud Boys are a major concern to the left, hence the false smears. This is mainly because if more Latino's vote for Trump than the meagre % forecast to, it will cause a Trump landslide. 

I doubt you understand what 'landslide' victory means.

• Haha 1

Polls initially said Biden won the debate around 60 to 40. I saw an interesting discussion that often people's view changes in the following few days. They said in 76 the Ford Carter debate was a draw but when people thought about it, and with the media picking up on some of Fords mistakes, Carter went ahead.

I think this could happen this time. People are initially bamboozled by the noise and chaos but they are now left with remembering that:

• Biden attempted to give direct answers to the people and was reasonably strong; and
  • Trump had been a noisy jerk, who says he wouldn't accept a losing election result, and who was reluctant to distance himself from white supremiscists.

So in that sense maybe these debates are good. 

• Like 2

No amount of debate rule change will control Trump's behavior. Good luck to everyone who are able to tell their 74 years old grandpa to zip up after going to the toilet. Trump already know that he lost the election and he is using the debate platform to send signals to his supporters; Proud Boys and KKK included. This will be an ugly election and the aftermath is unpredictable. 

2 hours ago, Emdog said:

Trump's goals did not include having a debate as the term is generally understood. Was reported he didn't prep for debate as would be expected by normal people entering a debate. Given his goals, he didn't need to.

His goal was to create chaos and general disgust with election system, lowering voter turnout.

He won the "debate" clearly if those were his goals.

Like a farang marrying a bar girl: he thinks it's for love and approaches it as that. She sees it as money opportunity.

Did anyone really expect Trump to behave and follow agreement? We've waited 4 yrs to act "presidential" & hasn't happened yet.

I think his main point going into the debate was that he could not allow Biden to sound coherent and in possession of his full faculties. That would make the main point of his campaign utterly worthless. 

And while Biden did sound coherent, Trump's continuous interruptions achieved that goal.

5 hours ago, Tug said:

No surprise there trump can’t stand the direct questioning nor the scrutiny of his (or lack there of) policy’s personally I’d like to see him wheeled out like Hannibal lector with the mask removed only when it’s his turn to speak and btw he’s gett absolutely spanked over here we are fed up we are going to ditch this disaster real soon hopefully with no bloodshed 

I would suggest they bring in the Dog Whisperer as mediator to bring them to heel. Fit them with electric shock collars and if they don't 'shut up' zap them. Civilised citizens of the USA must be squirming with embarrassment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Well at least with this news we know who won the debate. Losers always want to change the rules(just see the electoral college vs total vote count by the left shenanigans since 2016, and recent proposals to trash the supreme court by packing it). I knew Trump won when the roles were swapped. Biden made a dreadful mediator and Wallace as a debater was useless as he couldn't stop changing topics when he got flustered. Hopefully next time it will be a pure Trump vs Biden debate and not some tag team charade. 

Of course Trump is right again, Joe Rogan would be an excellent moderator. He would also get the youth more involved and interested in politics. A win win right? Apparently not. Only Trump agrees with the proposal. Looking forward to the next debate no matter what rules the left try implementing. Questions from the public could be priceless if Biden goes off on his dog faced pony soldier routines. But small advice, turning off Trump's mic will not stop him calling out BS whenever he hears it.

Heavy sigh. NO one won the debate, only Americans lost.

"On Tuesday night, on the basis of instant polls and betting markets, that man was Joe Biden"

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54345192

45 supporters say "Yay 45," Joe supporters "Yay Joe." Only 17% of surveyed viewers said they felt informed from the debate. There was a Zoom meeting of 15 undecided Republicans hosted by a Republican immediately following the debate No one had anything nice to say about 45.

These debates are worthless. We've had four years of racist/xenophobic/homophobic/climate denying policies. You either support them or you don't. Nobody's mind will be changed at this point.

For one  reason or another I doubt there will be another debate. His  campaign managers will be greatful for any excuse to avoid a repeat.

If is true  Trump has now  gone into quarantine the ultimate excuse has arisen. Although a "virtual" debate could be a possibility ? Also easy to run interference on interruptions ! ????

• Like 2

Just now, Dumbastheycome said:

For one  reason or another I doubt there will be another debate. His  campaign managers will be greatful for any excuse to avoid a repeat.

If is true  Trump has now  gone into quarantine the ultimate excuse has arisen. Although a "virtual" debate could be a possibility ? Also easy to run interference on interruptions ! ????

45 would never agree to a virtual debate cuz they cute mute his obtuse, ignorant, rude interruptions. His campaign has already said as much - NO changes to future debates.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Can expect treble the quantity of tweets while he is in quarantine. So Pence will be the standby President. 

There were quite a few with hope hicks so there should be a lot from the white house going into 2 weeks quarantine.

If pence also was near any of them then that puts the president and vp in danger. Nancy should be protected at this time until things are clear.

btw, none of this news came from the whitehouse, it was reported by bloomberg and confirmed by other reporters. Im yet to hear an official whitehouse statement.

3 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

What a disaster. The American people sit in front of the TV and expect the candidates to present and explain their plans and views for the next 4 years.

Trump has zero manners, behaves like a howler monkey, and in terms of content, he had the level of an idiot. There is nothing presidential about Trump. I still don't understand how such a blender and bully could be elected as US president.

His knowledge of content is shockingly weak. Who e.g. is largely responsible for the forest areas in California, he doesn't know.

A narcissistic self-centered person with no respect for those around him. 

No wonder that the US is more and more isolated on the world stage with this clown as president. 

Biden wasn't the genius either, but compared to Trump, by far more presidential.

Yes  Exactly. 

Not only is he the worst president in American history as Biden correctly pointed out, he's also an incredibly awful human being.

A good example to the children of nobody.

If he manages to use his authoritarian strong arm tactics to somehow stay in power,  the great American experiment in freedom and democracy is over.

Like I said before he ruins everything he touches.

He is the enemy of the people. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1