Trump campaign rejects changing debate rules after chaotic Cleveland encounter

webfact

1 hour ago, Morch said:

As for your ongoing nonsense regarding Democrats not having policies etc. - you've been referred multiple times to sources including their manifesto and program. That you choose to ignore this and keep banging on about something that isn't true does not make your point.

58 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sorry, but when the Dems want to ban personal weapons, defund the cops, support gender fluidity, increase immigration, sympathise with rioters, and raise taxes ( Biden said in the debate he'd get rid of Trump's tax cuts ), it doesn't matter what their "policies" may be otherwise.

Faced with an overt threat to law and order, guns and religion, many in middle America will opt for more of the same, IMO.

Four more years.

See the quote above yours.

2 hours ago, J Town said:

Immediately following the debate, Republican politicians were asked what they thought about 45's behavior in the debate. I heard "awful," "embarrassing," and even Republican news sources reported 45's closest aides wanted to tell him how bad he did, but they knew 45 would never want to hear such. He told those close to him "I did great," and the aides were quietly waiting for him to engorge himself on cable news to have it sink in how bad he did. The game plan was to let Biden slip up - he almost ALWAYS delivers gaffes! - but 45 never game him the chance. 45 is his own worst enemy.

True that. History will refer to him as 44. The 44th worse ever. Only three more months of the master of chaos. Then, exile. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

True that. History will refer to him as 44. The 44th worse ever. Only three more months of the master of chaos. Then, exile. 

Regardless of the outcome of the sudden emergency, I believe this will the final nail in the coffin. You can only imagine how the Biden campaign is already writing commercials of his mishandling of the pandemic and the result.

2 minutes ago, J Town said:

Regardless of the outcome of the sudden emergency, I believe this will the final nail in the coffin. You can only imagine how the Biden campaign is already writing commercials of his mishandling of the pandemic and the result.

And throw in Don and Melania testing positive for Covid. Wow. Talk about egg in the face. After all the dismissal of it being a little flu, nothing to worry about, etc. Let us see how the cheeseburger king is able to fight this one off. How many in the White House already have it? At a minimum, it derails his campaign, and makes him look incredibly dumb. Better to just forfeit now. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, heybruce said:

He will probably survive in spite of his age and obesity; treatments are much better and survival rates much higher than at the start of the pandemic.  It's possible he won't suffer serious symptoms, but it's also possible he will get seriously ill and will be weakened for a considerable time, all the way through the election.

It will be interesting to see if he and his supporters will take expert advice about how to minimize exposure to the virus a little more seriously.  I doubt it.

He is not a healthy man. Just in the past year his steadiness and stamina seems to have declined remarkably. Notice how he is nearly always holding onto something, to keep himself propped up? Notice him becoming even less coherent than usual? I have. 

10 hours ago, Tug said:

No surprise there trump can’t stand the direct questioning nor the scrutiny of his (or lack there of) policy’s personally I’d like to see him wheeled out like Hannibal lector with the mask removed only when it’s his turn to speak and btw he’s gett absolutely spanked over here we are fed up we are going to ditch this disaster real soon hopefully with no bloodshed 

The debate reminds me of his apprentice TV show. He continuously took a position, said, responded to ensure there was no doubt in the mind of anybody watching:

- This is my show, I own it. And I own the cameras and what gets videoed.

- I control what subjects are discussed and determine/control what comments and responses are allowed.

- Break my rules and you'll get some nasty reaction from me an/or my family who back me up on the show, as I direct them, Including a possible in your face 'you're fired' blast.

He seems to think nothing has changed. 

-

27 minutes ago, heybruce said:

He will probably survive in spite of his age and obesity; treatments are much better and survival rates much higher than at the start of the pandemic.  It's possible he won't suffer serious symptoms, but it's also possible he will get seriously ill and will be weakened for a considerable time, all the way through the election.

It will be interesting to see if he and his supporters will take expert advice about how to minimize exposure to the virus a little more seriously.  I doubt it.

I'm concerned that he might be left with brain damage.????

9 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

The losers were the American public.

That shambles of a debate was meant to inform people as to the policies and views of the two candidates. 

If you were an undecided voter you learned nothing except that US politics has now reached a new low.

Only a moron could possibly be undecided at this point.  

I recall the surprise and chagrin in 2016 (nice French word) in the UK, when Mr Trump was announced as President of the United States. The Electoral College majority voted for him, but I understand the popular vote went to his opponent. It was said the US took him seriously, but didn't take him literally, whereas Britain took him literally, but failed to take him seriously.

Do the debates add anything, or is it just Theatre, like the party conferences in the UK? 

I did wonder why, in the last few general elections here, (UK) there has been so much stock given to party leader tv debates. Discussions about who is elligible, the rules, the name callings, the slights. 

In my ideal world, a politician would be honest and straight forward. Deliver on promises that got them elected. 

4 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:

Do the debates add anything, or is it just Theatre, like the party conferences in the UK? 

At this point the debates are merely a perfunctory exercise.

We've had 4 years, by now you should know what 45 is. You either support racism/homophobia/xenophobia or you don't.

48 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:

I recall the surprise and chagrin in 2016 (nice French word) in the UK, when Mr Trump was announced as President of the United States. The Electoral College majority voted for him, but I understand the popular vote went to his opponent. It was said the US took him seriously, but didn't take him literally, whereas Britain took him literally, but failed to take him seriously.

I did wonder why, in the last few general elections here, (UK) there has been so much stock given to party leader tv debates. Discussions about who is elligible, the rules, the name callings, the slights. 

In my ideal world, a politician would be honest and straight forward. Deliver on promises that got them elected. 

You mean like here in Thailand?????

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given that neither IMO said anything that meant anything, Biden would have "won" just for looking more presidential.

I doubt anything said changed anyone's mind about who to vote for. Trump looked like a playground bully, IMO, and Biden looked weak, IMO.

At least you can be honest sometimes.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, candide said:

Actually, I am surprised  we don't experience a wave of posts explaining that Trump has been a courageous man, put his health at risk only for the good of the country, etc... It's likely that instructions have not been given yet. ????

They haven't cuz "it affects virtually nobody" and "we have rounded the corner" and "its all a Democratic hoax."

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, candide said:

Actually, I am surprised  we don't experience a wave of posts explaining that Trump has been a courageous man, put his health at risk only for the good of the country, etc... It's likely that instructions have not been given yet. ????

It is possible he will see a bump of 000.2% in his poll numbers, due to the small numbers of people who are sympathetic toward his plight. 

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

It is possible he will see a bump of 000.2% in his poll numbers, due to the small numbers of people who are sympathetic toward his plight. 

And a significant bump for Joe if he advertises it right.

On 10/2/2020 at 8:10 PM, J Town said:

From what I've read, the Commission on Presidential Debates (a bipartisan group) sets the rules and can change them at any time. 45 can either take it or leave it.

I'd agree with that, but IMO Trump wouldn't care even if the remaining two were cancelled. He has more to lose by going on them than Biden, judging by the last one.

• Like 1