Trump's Supreme Court nominee advocated overturning legalized abortion

webfact

1 hour ago, Somtamnication said:

Give it up. She will be confirmed. Please vote November 3rd. and let's return America to its normalcy.

The game’s not over until the final whistle blows.

She has to be confirmed by the Senate and numerous Republican Senators are now at risk of losing their seats.

Trump is at clear risk of losing the WH and his endorsement to Republican Senator’s campaign is less than worthless, damaging.

This latest news is all part of the game, don’t be too hasty to call the final result.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Emdog said:

If normalcy means ignoring majority views, okay

Majority want abortion laws to stay on the books as it is

Majority support ACA

Majority want separation of church and state

Majority want new justice named after election by next president

I think you're right. But so, most likely, is somtamnification.

• Thanks 2

In the grand scheme of the SC !She's gonna be the tie breaker #9. 

2018: "Judge Barrett is a favorite candidate of conservative Christian leaders and has been compared to Justice Antonin Scalia and Justice Neil M. Gorsuch. During a confirmation hearing for her appeals court position last year, she said she would “have no interest in” challenging the Supreme Court precedents for Roe v. Wade".

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/06/us/politics/supreme-court-contenders-abortion.html

Kavanaugh also has said just as much!

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, riclag said:

In the grand scheme of the SC !She's gonna be the tie breaker #9. 

2018: "Judge Barrett is a favorite candidate of conservative Christian leaders and has been compared to Justice Antonin Scalia and Justice Neil M. Gorsuch. During a confirmation hearing for her appeals court position last year, she said she would “have no interest in” challenging the Supreme Court precedents for Roe v. Wade".

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/06/us/politics/supreme-court-contenders-abortion.html

Kavanaugh also has said just as much!

Kavanaugh is hoping Trump wins the election otherwise his days on the authority side of the bench are numbered.

And with his removal, your arithmetic goes out the window too.

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Kavanaugh is hoping Trump wins the election otherwise his days on the authority side of the bench are numbered.

And with his removal, your arithmetic goes out the window too.

The only way a justice can be removed is impeachment which involves Congress and Senate. 45 or Biden have technically nothing to do with it which is why the Senate race is really the most important one of all. Lindsey is neck and neck, on Fox literally begging for donations, and a number of other Senate races show the Senate is probably going blue. That's what Vegas odds makers predict and I believe them more than any other poll - there's money involved!

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/16/politics/scotus-impeach/index.html

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J Town said:

The only way a justice can be removed is impeachment which involves Congress and Senate. 45 or Biden have technically nothing to do with it which is why the Senate race is really the most important one of all. Lindsey is neck and neck, on Fox literally begging for donations, and a number of other Senate races show the Senate is probably going blue. That's what Vegas odds makers predict and I believe them more than any other poll - there's money involved!

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/16/politics/scotus-impeach/index.html

Not quite true.

A SC Justice can resign, say in the face of criminal indictment.

On your other points I agree.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

2 hours ago, mthomsen111 said:

I don't know how potent an issue this is going to be. Schumer, who is a smart guy, is pushing the health care angle. Obamacare is now very popular and Barrett has already said she disagreed with Robert's vote to uphold it. That is not going to play well with voters.

mythomsen111

Now "very popular"  Obamacare succeeded in making healthcare so expensive because of its mandates that many employers dumped their employer paid for health care opting to throw their employees on the public Obamacare plans. 

Perhaps your view of "very popular" but when only 42% of Americans supposedly favor Obamacare I hardly call that overwhelming popularity.  Note that the survey which of course is suspect because it is NBC says that it is as popular as it has ever been.  That pretty well demonstrates that it was even less popular before. 

image.png.92e76525a6f7a758a26f7e7b3e520578.png

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Morch said:

How is this a 'dangerous' precedent? Is it more 'dangerous' than confirming a SC justice weeks before the election?

It is not a dangerous precedent any more that The SCJ nomination. 

Nothing new about politicians waffling on controversial issues or nominating SCJs.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

On what grounds do you believe Justice Kavanaugh would be impeached? 

More suspiciously is the refusal of Biden on the Presidential Debate to commentate on the notion the Democrats would increase the number of SCJ's and pack it with democrats. He absolutely refused to answer or comment on that. Harris did much the same when subsequently interviewed. That would set a very dangerous precedent.

1. Grounds - Kavanaugh did some extremely shady stuff that would have disqualified him if he were a Democrat.

2. Packing the Supreme Court - I am NOT saying it's right. I will say ALL politicians dodge answers. Trump refuses to say the words "I denounce white supremacists" cuz that would offend his base and he knows it. Should Biden/Harris announce their plans? Yes.

That's politics in this wretched age.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jesimps said:

Good on her. She sounds like a normal human being who wants babies to be born naturally, rather than sucked out using something similar to a vacuum cleaner. Hopefully there's a place in hell waiting for all who harm children.

.....and you