Pattaya: Jetski champ's murderer caught with drugs and a machine gun under car seat

webfact

Pattaya: Jetski champ's murderer caught with drugs and a machine gun under car seat

7pm.jpg

Picture: Pattaya update News

Pattaya update News reported that a police checkpoint in North Pattaya on Monday afternoon stopped a Ford car with Rayong plates containing three men and two women. 

Pattaya police chief Pol Col Khemmarin Phitsamai revealed that the driver of the car - Sompong Kaewphaijit, 31 - had a handgun at his waist and an UZI submachine gun under his seat.

Various ammunition and drugs in the form of ketamine (4.7 grams) and meth in tablet form like sweets (20 pills) was also recovered. 

Along with Sompong, two men named Nattaphon, 28, and Jakkrit, 26, were arrested plus two women named Surisa, 29, and Hathaichanok, 19. All were charged with possession of weapons and drugs. 

7pm1.jpg

Picture: Pattaya update News

Sompong said that the gun at his waist was for his personal protection and that they had got the drugs from "party goers" at an entertainment venue. 

The media further reported that sources in the inquiry told them that background checks revealed that Sompong was jailed for the 19th March 2006 murder of jetski racing champion Theerawat Lahip or "Ork", a crime for which he had only recently been released from jail. 

Source: Pattaya update News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-10-02

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya police chief Pol Col Khemmarin Phitsamai revealed that the driver of the car - Sompong Kaewphaijit, 31 - had a handgun at his waist and an UZI submachine gun under his seat.

Who doesn't?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

that doesn't look like an uzi to me

CZ Sa 25 (vz. 48b), or possibly a 26.  It did influence the design of the UZI, which came later. 

After the Sa 25 was declared obsolete in 1968, many of the 9mm weapons have been sold around the world. The surplus weapons were exported to other communist countries including North Vietnam.

Edited by Damrongsak
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

about two dozen gun shops here in BBK on this Soi.

All these shops all in a row have some really high powered weapons.

Looked just like the USA. 

https://goo.gl/maps/BPWcC4wTmS6T641q9

I've window shopped there.  I like that area of town.  I used to frequent a tiny hole-in-the-wall Indian restaurant 40 some years ago.  There's a nearby street that is full of tool shops. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

I must have been living under a rock all my life I would not

know the different between a hand gun or shot gun or a Uzi

or a .33 or .22 it amazed me how many posters are familiar

with guns

Many poster sleep with their guns......  ????

20 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

See? Those checkpoints are of use sometimes. ????

It's the only thing Pattaya Plod does.  Every now & then the law of averages suggests they will eventually pull in a plonker such as this killer.

18 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

that doesn't look like an uzi to me

Looks more like a home made weapon using a tube and open bolt fed by (possibly) an UZI magazine.  Open bolt guns are easy to make.  Just ask the Brits.  The Sten had very few moving parts.

10 hours ago, jimmybcool said:

Looks more like a home made weapon using a tube and open bolt fed by (possibly) an UZI magazine.  Open bolt guns are easy to make.  Just ask the Brits.  The Sten had very few moving parts.

Along with the Bren gun

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

I must have been living under a rock all my life I would not

know the different between a hand gun or shot gun or a Uzi

or a .33 or .22 it amazed me how many posters are familiar

with guns

You should go to Cambodia get an AK 47 FOR $40