Water Pump again

Neeranam

Seems that we have a leak under the bathroom floor.

We just got it redecorated and new tiles and I asked the workmen to check the pipes but seemingly they couldn't check the ones under cement.

The water man says he can fix a new pipe but will go on the inside, which I assume means an ugly pipe going out the window.

Any advice welcome! 

Why out the window?  Does not take much to drill a hole for a water pipe and on inside once painted with clip on holders will hardly be noticeable.   We changed to external pipes about 15 years ago for our 6 BR home and have had no issues since doing so.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bankruatsteve said:

How was the leak determined to be under the bathroom floor?  Anyway... a replacement would likely be done through a hole in the wall - maybe under a cabinet and might not even be noticeable.

My wife says she can hear the water , which I can't. Still investigating. Thanks for the replies. Out the window isn't happening! 

On 10/2/2020 at 2:09 PM, lopburi3 said:

Why out the window?  Does not take much to drill a hole for a water pipe and on inside once painted with clip on holders will hardly be noticeable.   We changed to external pipes about 15 years ago for our 6 BR home and have had no issues since doing so.  

I give up!! 

The builder came and sounded like he knew what he was  doing. 

Drilled a hole in wall, pipes not too bad, went away and guess what, bloody pump still not going off. 

Really, I give up. 

You have a shut off valve after the pump you can close to confirm pump operating OK (shuts off with full pressure).  If pump test good check toilets for leakage as that is often hard to see - best if you have valves to cut water supply or add a bit of food color to the tank supply and see if it gets into the bowl.  (The worker did bypass the underground leaking pipe I hope?)

• Like 2

Do you know how big the pipe is that runs under the floor.  if you know the size, and it is of a decent size, you might be able to run a new piece of smaller tubing inside of the old one that has been determined to be leaking without tearing out the flooring.  A piece of flexible pipe would work.  However if it is of the small size and it is the blue pipe they use, then you might need to obtain a piece of equipment which can locate the leak, cut out that section of flooring and cement and redo the offending section. It sucks either way.  I had to do that in my house in Udon a few years back.

• Like 1

I've handed it over to my higher power, the wife ????

To be fair, she knows more about these things than I.

Last I saw, they had the house drawings out and they said they were getting an actual real plumber. 

I've only paid 1200 baht so far and asked for another 1300 when they come back, so if they can fix it I'm happy.

• Like 1