ATTA chief outlines why Thailand should scrap quarantine: Europeans could benefit too

webfact

* Tourists from low-risk countries would not be infected and it would be safe to allow them in

That's guaranteed then?

• Like 1

Speaking for myself (and a little for the out of work Thai female I'm currently supporting) I'm not so sure I want anything to change. It's such a pleasure to walk down Sukhumvit soi 11 at 8 on a Saturday night with few people and fewer vehicles. If this is ever over we'll look back on these moments as a bit of dream-like paradise never to be seen again. And I know I'm being totally unrealistic.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Because the president of the ATTA has a secret epidemiology degree? Because reopening without quarantine has gone great for other tourism-dependent destinations and businesses? (Went great for cruises!)

All the actual evidence points toward a non-quarantine reopening being terrible for the long-term recovery of the tourism sector and the larger economy. Last thing Thailand needs is imported COVID getting into its factories, shutting down the true economic engine of the country. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, terryw said:

Why do they never talk about an air corridor with Vietnam? Since the Da Nang outbreak Vietnam has now gone 30 days covid free.

28 cases last month, of course that's recorded, may be a lot more up the Delta. 

19 hours ago, webfact said:

ATTA chief outlines why Thailand should scrap quarantine: Europeans could benefit too

Yea scrap everything and open the country. 

If it goes pear shape like Tourist infecting Thais And Thais infecting Tourists so be it just close the borders up Again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Maybe better wait as looks like will be prepared to open up without any restrictions in the end which is too dangerous as the viras is very much alive and kicking. With such procrastination end of year international tourism is probably already lost