O-A and O-X can get COE from London embassy

Just now, jnp73 said:

Hi. Thanks for the info. Can anyone tell me whether I have a non-O/A or non O? I have a retirement visa with everything done in Thailand? 

You have a extension of stay based upon retirement issued by immigration that is not OA visa or a non-o visa.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, jnp73 said:

Hi. Thanks for the info. Can anyone tell me whether I have a non-O/A or non O? I have a retirement visa with everything done in Thailand? 

If you converted a tourist visa to a 90 days Non-immigrant O at your local immigration office, then extended it 1 year based on retirement, then your extension is based on an initial Non-O Visa. If you check the Visa-stamp in your passport it will say Category "O" in the middle. 

11 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

If you converted a tourist visa to a 90 days Non-immigrant O at your local immigration office, then extended it 1 year based on retirement, then your extension is based on an initial Non-O Visa. If you check the Visa-stamp in your passport it will say Category "O" in the middle. 

A extension of stay is issued for specific reason not the visa you have. A extension based upon retirement can be applied for with any category of non immigrant visa. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Max69xl said:

It actually says non "O" on my visa category. So I'v e got a non"o" extended....???

I seem to recall someone posting that they can obtain a COE  with a retirement extension and valid Re-Entry Permit but I was skeptical, and have not seen it stated as a qualifier on any Thai Embassy site. (Was it BC Canada?)

36 minutes ago, jnp73 said:

It actually says non "O" on my visa category. So I'v e got a non"o" extended....???

The Permission of Stay from the entry has been extended, not the Visa. Once used, a Single Entry Non-Imm-O means nothing. 

Edited by jacko45k

19 hours ago, jnp73 said:

Oh. 

So, do you know if I'll be considered for a return if I go to the UK?

I've checked with the embassy, yes you can apply for COE once you are back in UK. Could take a while though, depends on availability of plane tickets and ASQ rooms.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, surfinglife said:

I've checked with the embassy, yes you can apply for COE once you are back in UK. Could take a while though, depends on availability of plane tickets and ASQ rooms.

To be clear - did you  call the UK Thai Embassy and get told that people with retirement extension based on a non-O visa (not an O-q or O-X) are also eligible to return?

Many Embassies now seem to have posted that O-A and O-X visa holders (and presumably people with re-entry permits for extensions based on those visas) can apply for COE but none I have seen seem to list non-O. People who have called and asked have report different responses from different countries. Seems to be an areas of confusion.

• Thanks 1

"

Many Embassies now seem to have posted that O-A and O-X visa holders (and presumably people with re-entry permits for extensions based on those visas) can apply for COE but none I have seen seem to list non-O. People who have called and asked have report different responses from different countries. Seems to be an areas of confusion."

Ditto the German Thai Embassy in Berlin.

Edited by BusyB
added Sheryl quote

I am slightly confused. I have an O-A visa with Re-entry stamp, and I am back in UK, but trying to return to Thailand ASAP.

If I apply for COE and get it, I am still unsure whether there are currently any flights going to Thailand from the UK, and whether I would be allowed in to Thailand when I arrive? Has anyone done it recently?

Any help advice appreciated.

7 hours ago, PaulJ said:

I am slightly confused. I have an O-A visa with Re-entry stamp, and I am back in UK, but trying to return to Thailand ASAP.

If I apply for COE and get it, I am still unsure whether there are currently any flights going to Thailand from the UK, and whether I would be allowed in to Thailand when I arrive? Has anyone done it recently?

Any help advice appreciated.

Go on the Thai Embassy London website and you will see that there are six airlines with permission to fly to Bangkok and all are doing so.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mlkik said:

Go on the Thai Embassy London website and you will see that there are six airlines with permission to fly to Bangkok and all are doing so.

So infuriating. Thai Air is not flying and all. I guess they don't need the money.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, BusyB said:

"

Many Embassies now seem to have posted that O-A and O-X visa holders (and presumably people with re-entry permits for extensions based on those visas) can apply for COE but none I have seen seem to list non-O. People who have called and asked have report different responses from different countries. Seems to be an areas of confusion."

Ditto the German Thai Embassy in Berlin.

The Swiss Embassy in Basel explicitly excludes O - Visa on their website:

Remark: Holders of Non-Immigrant O (Retirement) who have received annual stay permit from Thai Immigration are NOT entitled to enter Thailand under Thailand's COVID-19 measures. If you wish to apply for Non-Immigrant O-A visa, please see more information at https://thaiembassy.ch/Content/Embassy/160.html

• Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

So infuriating. Thai Air is not flying and all. I guess they don't need the money.

Thai Airways are flying from Heathrow in London to Bangkok.

Edited by mlkik
Mistake

10 minutes ago, michel7752 said:

Remark: Holders of Non-Immigrant O (Retirement) who have received annual stay permit from Thai Immigration are NOT entitled to enter Thailand under Thailand's COVID-19 measures. If you wish to apply for Non-Immigrant O-A visa, please see more information at https://thaiembassy.ch/Content/Embassy/160.html

All Embassies exclude the NonO because as of yet permission has not been granted.  I have a valid Non O and will wait until next month or the month after as I am sure eventually we will be allowed to return.

No way will I pay for another visa when the one I have is current.

Edited by mlkik

2 hours ago, michel7752 said:

There is a mention of an 'O' visa on the German embassy website, but it's in connection with "spouses, parents or children of Thai nationals".

The insurance requirements for applying for an 'O-A' are almost gobbledygook and I can't be bothered to try and decipher them now. (I speak fluent German.)

Anybody who feels like it:

http://german.thaiembassy.de/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Checklist-of-documents.pdf

It's page 6 almost at the bottom.

I'm sure it'll all shake out in the end ... many months down the line. I don't expect simple retirees like me will gain access even with a 270 deal until at least Q2 2021.

56 minutes ago, Phil Recon said:

I've tried to apply for the CoE today, but there still doesn't appear to be an option for O-A or O-X visas from the drop-down list of Types of Permitted Persons. I'm stuck!

temp.JPG

There was a report on another site that that they would be added this week

On 10/3/2020 at 3:36 PM, mlkik said:

Thanks very much but for example Emirates show flights back to Thailand from UK but they keep cancelling.

I’m happy to try and get a COE but was just concerned commercial flights will actually go back and then I will allowed in with the COE 

I am also not sure how this update fits with the Chinese charter flights into Phuket with a special visa.

My apologies if I’m missing something basic it just doesn’t seem that clear to me.

54 minutes ago, PaulJ said:

Thanks very much but for example Emirates show flights back to Thailand from UK but they keep cancelling.

I’m happy to try and get a COE but was just concerned commercial flights will actually go back and then I will allowed in with the COE 

I am also not sure how this update fits with the Chinese charter flights into Phuket with a special visa.

My apologies if I’m missing something basic it just doesn’t seem that clear to me.

You won't get a COE unless you have a confirmed ticket, plenty of reports of no issues with Emirates, flights from china are a separate issue and are not related to flying from uk

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, PaulJ said:

Please show recent proof that Emirates are cancelling flights. There are no recent reports of this. Qatar and Etihad are now also flying, please stop posting scaremongering hearsay information.

14 hours ago, jimn said:

Please show recent proof that Emirates are cancelling flights. There are no recent reports of this. Qatar and Etihad are now also flying, please stop posting scaremongering hearsay information.

Just read elsewhere of Emirates cancelling some Christmas time bookings.. coincidentally.