Macron launches crackdown on 'Islamist separatism' in Muslim communities

rooster59

3 minutes ago, Opl said:

As far as I know, yellow vest protesters (including all faith believers - unions, etc among them muslims- that is not the problem) did not;

- complained about not being able to pray while at work

- complained about what is teached at school

But it's true that Yellow vest protesters have heavily and durably harmed French economy in december while Xmas season is crucial for retailers.

You can't fix stupid. You don't kill yhe cow you want to milk.

so your comparison is irrelevant

As far as I know Muslims complaining about not being able to pray at work or what is taught at schools etc hasn't changed French laws. Can't see the point of talking further on this matter. looks as though we are far apart regarding right of Muslims to peacefully protest.

What was that sound I just heard? Was it one of Macron's testies dropping?

My mistake, it was the anchor being pulled up on the boat about to dump them in the UK.

Macaron makes your average bargirl look honest.

1 hour ago, Opl said:

Because we resist their demands (veil etc)  but we are fed up to a point you can't imagine, stop fueling islamophobia and complain about it at the same time. 

If I need to hire some staff do yoU think I'm going to select someone who will show off his demands after a while (once the critical number is reached), and then complain about discrimination;

If you want to live your faith like in muslim country, then France isn't for you. Period. 

If you want to live your faith like in muslim country, then France isn't for you. Period. 

Because we resist their demands

There you go, a secular democratic society working through issues. 

once the critical number is reached

Disappointing, I assume the comment is atypical right of centre conspiracy stuff. 

With respect your attitude is not the way forward to resolve friction within your society or indeed any Western society as repeatedly articulated by Western security agencies. 

IMO, other than the southern border provinces in Thailand where the Thai government has misruled for decades, the Thai Muslim community are well integrated into Thai society. Perhaps there are lessons to be learnt by the French government. Macron has some good approaches to address Islamist ideology, although sucess cannot be measured for some time, hopefully the policies are a step in the right direction. 

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Card said:

You should research what the bible says in support of slavery and antisemiticisn. It's all part of the same sh*t.

Haven't read much about Christian terrorism of late.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Opl said:

the impossible mission is to control what parents at home tell to their children - most of newcomers know nothing about France and are not interested - if not opposed- they have a unique guide -  no need for imams, it's hopeless. 

I am not sure the home channel is that significant. For example, most terrorists, as well as people who joined ISIS, have been brainwashed outside their familly. Actually, one of their main common characteristics was their poor initial knowledge of the Muslim religion.

• Like 1

If people see something offensive in a magazine, then, most people would:

1. Ignore it.

2. Write a letter to the editor on why it's offensive.

3. Go around to the office and protest.

What they don't do is pick up a gun and murder people as a first resort.

25 minutes ago, Benmart said:

Haven't read much about Christian terrorism of late.

Read about the Spanish inquisition,but granted that's not lately. Right wing fundamentalists militias are though. 

The truth is that all religions that maintain themselves to be the only true one are preaching terrorism. Telling people they must believe or go to hell is terrorism in my book. 

7 minutes ago, candide said:

I am not sure the home channel is that significant. For example, most terrorists, as well as people who joined ISIS, have been brainwashed outside their familly. Actually, one of their main common characteristics was their poor initial knowledge of the Muslim religion.

That's what they tell us; most terrorists in France have already a record as outlaws, trafickers, etc.. often parents have little if no education, often the father-if present - doesn't work, religious diktats come as a justification to keep wives submitted, and the critic of our values - in France - the reason to their failures (discrimination). You have there a fertile soil for losers who'll turn their resentment and hate into killings. It's always the same pattern : victimisation and islamaphobia.

It's always someone elses' fault, ours.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

I'm still puzzled that Islam is so often referred to as a religion. <SNIP>

Based on your logic you could make the same conclusion regards Christianity i.e. incorporates elements of Judaism. However, all three are classified as Abrahamic religions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abrahamic_religions

I trust Mods are OK for me to snip all the bile; if not remove the following.

There are differing schools of Islam interpreting the Koran in various ways, there is not a hegemonic interpretation of Islam. Unfortunately your post above reflects the usual right of centre rant.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Not true in this case. All unbelievers are considered inferior to believers of the "true faith". It's written in their Holy book. To think otherwise would be going against their religious training.

In the Koran Christians are respected as "People of the Book" have the same prophets and some shared mythology e.g. Noah. Also relevant are the 'Sword Verses' for times of betrayal / threat / war.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

Based on your logic you could make the same conclusion regards Christianity i.e. incorporates elements of Judaism. However, all three are classified as Abrahamic religions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abrahamic_religions

I trust Mods are OK for me to snip all the bile; if not remove the following.

There are differing schools of Islam interpreting the Koran in various ways, there is not a hegemonic interpretation of Islam. Unfortunately your post above reflects the usual right of centre rant.

i don't care for the nuances of the human insidious and destructive human invention of religion in all its forms. Classifications and details are irrelevant. So your learned link is pointless. I care about religious behavior and the problems it causes for all people. God is not Great. Religion spoils everything.

My interpretation is mine, as is yours.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Macron said a bill tackling Islamist separatism would be sent to parliament early next year.

Why wait?

Wouldn't surprise me if nothing actually happens and this is just quietly sidelined.

1 hour ago, katana said:

Why wait?

Wouldn't surprise me if nothing actually happens and this is just quietly sidelined.

Other legislation in the works &/ time necessary for drafting the legislation &/this is a reaction to the attempted Charlie Hebdo rematch the other day, and not so urgent?

(Does France have a more significant Turkish immigrant population? If so, given recent Turkish adventurism over oil/gas in the Med &/ Nagorno Karabakh, perhaps it's pre-empting Erdogan-inspired radicalisation?)